*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I love my shake!

I use
2 eggs
milk
cinnamon
nutmeg
almond extract
vanilla extract
wheatgerm oil
wheatgerm
molasses
bananna (if i have one)
squirt of condensed milk

Sounds like ALOT but it isnt, and taste REALLLY good, like non alcoholic guiness punch obviously w/o the guiness, keeps me FULL until dinner, have to force myself to have lunch.

Amour this sounds good! I will have to try this mix. How much of each ingredient do you use (e.g. cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) or do you just eyeball it? I used to love condensed milk in my hot tea back in the day...or was that evaporated milk? either way it's gooooood!

Here are my progress pics...for a limited time only...
My hair has some shrinkage and isn't laying correctly, but this is the best picture i can do for the moment.
IRL my hair looks much better, thicker than it does in the current photo. ;-(
I have cut a few inches off (maybe 2?) to work on thickness and get rid of scraggly ends.

I think I may lay off of the heat for a while and get on the hide your hair challenge.
I'm a work in progress.
Picture 1 ~ May 23rd, '09
Picture 2 ~ Dec 25th, '08

*Be Gentle* :look:

Attachments

• progresspic1.jpg
    progresspic1.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 169
  • progress pic 2c 52309.JPG
    progress pic 2c 52309.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Br*nze, I'd say you're doing well considering you've cut off several inches throughout this whole process several times.

I did not have my cocktail this morning. My bf ate all my peaches :wallbash: and I had no other fruit in the house besides watermelon...and that was NOT going in my drink.

He is going to the store to get me some bananas and other things in a little while so I will have my cocktail maybe for dinner. I ate some sauteed green beans for brunch about an hour ago.

I took some pictures last night after I put more deep conditioner in. I look a hot mess, so if i decide to post those pictures, please go easy on me. :) I also started twisting my hair around 1:10 a.m. and got the bottom half done at 4:17 a.m. so that's not TOO bad. I will finish the top half (that requires the most work and concentration and patience) and then take pictures when my whole head is done. I twisted with the conditioner in. I used lustrasilk olive oil cholesterol. I am braiding at the root so they will not unravel at the base. I will try to go easy on this set of twists because I need them to last me for a few weeks.

I don't know when I will resume today but it will be in a little while.

ladies, get your drink on!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Bronze,

I didn't see your before pics, but your hair looks awesome in these! Keep up the good progress and thanks for being such a great moderator and source of encouragement on this thread. Both my mom, me, and my little chihuahua are continuing on our shake, and all of our hair is thriving. I probably won't have length comparison pics until Jan 2010 b/c I'm waiting a whole year before I straighten again.

My hair has some shrinkage and isn't laying correctly, but this is the best picture i can do for the moment.
I have cut a few inches off (maybe 2?) to work on thickness and get rid of scraggly ends.
I think I may lay off of the heat for a while and get on the hide your hair challenge.
I'm a work in progress.

wow bronze, your hair is much thicker and longer, it is looking great!!

just think how it'll look on your eggshake anniversary!!:yep:

Thanks bunches, Blaque, I had a big set back a couple of weeks ago when i overloaded my hair with protein. I hadn't had that much hair come out in a while...But, we're just gonna mooove on. :-( And I am looking forward to my Cocktail Anniversary...a year on this and yowsers!

Happy Memorial Day, Egglettes, Cheers! *raises cocktail*

Thanks, Chicas, for your luv and support. I don't think I could have stayed this consistent without your help! {{{{BIG HUG}}}

Bronze--it does look nice. Has a nice sheen and looks really thick to me!

Br*nze, I'd say you're doing well considering you've cut off several inches throughout this whole process several times.

I did not have my cocktail this morning. My bf ate all my peaches :wallbash: and I had no other fruit in the house besides watermelon...and that was NOT going in my drink.

He is going to the store to get me some bananas and other things in a little while so I will have my cocktail maybe for dinner. I ate some sauteed green beans for brunch about an hour ago.

I took some pictures last night after I put more deep conditioner in. I look a hot mess, so if i decide to post those pictures, please go easy on me. :) I also started twisting my hair around 1:10 a.m. and got the bottom half done at 4:17 a.m. so that's not TOO bad. I will finish the top half (that requires the most work and concentration and patience) and then take pictures when my whole head is done. I twisted with the conditioner in. I used lustrasilk olive oil cholesterol. I am braiding at the root so they will not unravel at the base. I will try to go easy on this set of twists because I need them to last me for a few weeks.

I don't know when I will resume today but it will be in a little while.

ladies, get your drink on!!!!

Hi Bronze,

I didn't see your before pics, but your hair looks awesome in these! Keep up the good progress and thanks for being such a great moderator and source of encouragement on this thread. Both my mom, me, and my little chihuahua are continuing on our shake, and all of our hair is thriving. I probably won't have length comparison pics until Jan 2010 b/c I'm waiting a whole year before I straighten again.

I'm a work in progress.

Hi ladies. I have been lurking for awhile now, but just wanted you to know that I have been drinking the cocktail for almost 3 weeks now and I love it! I'd say my skin has benefited the most. It is *glowing*!

I find that this cocktail is much more enjoyable with fruit. I use one banana and then another fruit such as strawberry, peaches or mango. The banana really helps mask that slimy egg texture that someone described a few posts back.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll im starting the shake june 1!!!!

I've been following the thread for so long and now that Im home from college I can do this!!! I am so excited to become an egglette! lol YESSS!!!!!!!! I hope to be able to do this until at least DEC. Ill be add Cholera to mine too...You dont know how excited I am to be doing this.

My mix is going to be the basic mix with creamer and vanilla extract for taste.
Wish me luck!

New Egglettes!!! Yaaaay!
Welcome Egglette Foxee (luv thaaat)
and
Egglette DaughterOfZion1(i'm a daughter, too)
to our Nest!!

Grow some waistlength hair, Chics!!! You will both do great. I can feel it. :yep:

Hi ladies. I have been lurking for awhile now, but just wanted you to know that I have been drinking the cocktail for almost 3 weeks now and I love it! I'd say my skin has benefited the most. It is *glowing*!

I find that this cocktail is much more enjoyable with fruit. I use one banana and then another fruit such as strawberry, peaches or mango. The banana really helps mask that slimy egg texture that someone described a few posts back.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll im starting the shake june 1!!!!

I've been following the thread for so long and now that Im home from college I can do this!!! I am so excited to become an egglette! lol YESSS!!!!!!!! I hope to be able to do this until at least DEC. Ill be add Cholera to mine too...You dont know how excited I am to be doing this.

My mix is going to be the basic mix with creamer and vanilla extract for taste.
Wish me luck!

I haven't noticed any egg taste, but the wheat germ oil leaves a lil to be desired. I added banana yesterday and just now. I think that'll be my ticket (plus they are cost effective). I'm sticking with this nonetheless. I figure I can get raw egg from the restaurants we'll be in, but the wheat germ needs refrigeration, oy vey.

Any suggestions?????

I just wish I paid greater attention to detail in various things in life. I see no difference, but it's only been this week that I started. Hopefully I'll be singing another tune come end of summer.

Yikes. on the 21st going on a week's vaca and I do NOT want to d/c my cocktail. Ay yi yi, got to figure something out. Geez, oh man I hope I don't have to cease for a while week!!!!

I haven't noticed any egg taste, but the wheat germ oil leaves a lil to be desired.

I have not used the wheatgerm oil yet (I have been adding an additional tbsp of wheat germ powder until I can pick up some oil this week). When doing research on another forum I found some bodybuilders add wheatgerm oil on top of their shakes after all ingredients are blended. They take one big gulp of their shake (the part with the wheatgerm oil), then get to enjoy the rest of the drink without the taste of blended wheatgerm oil. Maybe you can give this a try.

Yikes. on the 21st going on a week's vaca and I do NOT want to d/c my cocktail. Ay yi yi, got to figure something out. Geez, oh man I hope I don't have to cease for a while week!!!!

Maybe your hotel will have a fridge. Does the wheat germ oil have to be refrigerated? You can forgo the oil for a week. I have not used the oil yet but I feel that I'm still reaping the benefits of the cocktail.

Last edited:
Bronze :blush: !!!!!!

I have been slacking on the egg shake for the last 7 days but after seeing your pics, NO MORE! Your hair looks so good!

Off to seriously stock my stash :cowgirl: (My DH is about to be mad :grin:)

LL, don't diss your cocktail, Chica. Not when you are just getting started. There are portable mini blenders and just hook yourself up. And you are already looking for results, girl, you can't slack. You gotta figure this one out. I may be stuck with this, too, making vacation plans. Gotta take my own advice. :spinning: Oy vey!!

I haven't noticed any egg taste, but the wheat germ oil leaves a lil to be desired. I added banana yesterday and just now. I think that'll be my ticket (plus they are cost effective). I'm sticking with this nonetheless. I figure I can get raw egg from the restaurants we'll be in, but the wheat germ needs refrigeration, oy vey.

Any suggestions?????

I just wish I paid greater attention to detail in various things in life. I see no difference, but it's only been this week that I started. Hopefully I'll be singing another tune come end of summer.

Foxee, great idea. I did something different today with my cocktail and the taste was 'eh' - i'm not adding fruit or anything, and still haven't gotten more cinnamon. I absolute luv this idea. Thank you!!!

BTW,Viobin wheat germ oil doesn't have to be friged.

I have not used the wheatgerm oil yet (I have been adding an additional tbsp of wheat germ powder until I can pick up some oil this week). When doing research on another forum I found some bodybuilders add wheatgerm oil on top of their shakes after all ingredients are blended. They take one big gulp of their shake (the part with the wheatgerm oil), then get to enjoy the rest of the drink without the taste of blended wheatgerm oil. Maybe you can give this a try.

Maybe your hotel will have a fridge. Does the wheat germ oil have to be refrigerated? You can forgo the oil for a week. I have not used the oil yet but I feel that I'm still reaping the benefits of the cocktail.

Taz, this is with at least two inches cut since December, and probably about 2 (maybe more, I get kinda nuts with shears, and i cut a little, then a little more, then a little more...) cut since October, I kid you not. My hair is growing like weeds. If i didn't wear my hair out so much, I could really show progress in pics. But I can't walk around with my endz all jacked. I can't. I actually could trim a good two inches more, but i'm being patient. I need those endz for my co-wash'n'go buns that I do, anyway.

Bronze :blush: !!!!!!

I have been slacking on the egg shake for the last 7 days but after seeing your pics, NO MORE! Your hair looks so good! Thanks Egglette. Get to work!

Off to seriously stock my stash :cowgirl: (My DH is about to be mad :grin:)

Aspire--I use almond milk.

Thanks!

If you think of it, please pm me about going raw, will ya? I am on the same journey, but verrrry new at it.

Thanksl

Not sure I know how to PM, but I will figure it out. I just started and it is truly a journey. :yep:

Aspire, you can get your wheat germ oil from www.iherb.com they have excellent prices and shipping..

Thanks!!

I have been doing my shake each day for breakfast. Yesterday, I had something else, but by the time I went to bed I was craving the shake. So it was my late night snack. :lick: I think I am up to a week now with the egg and raw wheat germ added to my morning shake and I love it. I plan to order some wheat germ oil this week - but have one more store to check. Once I get it, I may try the original recipe (I add tahini and raw spinach to my shake).
-

I lost my groove ladies, my shakes don't taste so good anymore - I think its because I added the CHL back in the mix - I will continue to take it, but try and remember to leave it out of my shake to boost the yummy factor again. I still haven't missed a day so far.

Hello. I am drinking my shake right now. It's light, fluffy, delicious. The only problem is that I don't have the shake when I am at my SO's house-- He does not have a blender.

I got a relaxer on April 20 and the back of my hair has so much growth. It is definitely from drinking these protein/egg shakes plus the warmer seasons.

I have a question Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll
Youve been doing this for almost a year right? Can you tell us how many inches you have grown since you started it (including the hair that got trimmed and cut)? thanks!!!!

what do you put in your shake angelicus?

Hello. I am drinking my shake right now. It's light, fluffy, delicious. The only problem is that I don't have the shake when I am at my SO's house-- He does not have a blender.

I got a relaxer on April 20 and the back of my hair has so much growth. It is definitely from drinking these protein/egg shakes plus the warmer seasons.

Hello All you Egglettes out there!

I am so tired right now because I went home to the states for 3 weeks and just got back but I wanted you all to know that I introduced the shake to my mom and sister and now they are "in the mix". I had the shake just about everyday while I was at home and even experimented with different concoctions using Bolthouse juice and Odwalla since I can't get those particular juices over here. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that I am still hanging in there with you all. You all be blessed and have a great day! :yep:

I'm a work in progress.

Hey Bronze! Thanks for taking the time to share some pics of your progress with us! Your hair looks good, and I can see the definite growth (inches) in the comparison pics. :drunk: Please keep the pic posted! A picture is worth a thousand words! I know the cocktail is working...we're all reaping benefits!! Thanks for bringing this recipe to us. I wish more people could see your results. We might need to start a separate Bronze's Drink your way to waistlength hair results thread, showing egglets check-in comparison pics with notes so folks could easily see and follow our results and progress! You know inquiring minds want to know EVERYTHING (with pics included!) :yep: Seeing group results showing 3/ 6 months progress, or 1 year progress within one thread would be so motivating, and eliminate a lot of questions that have already been asked and answered numerous times in the original thread!! It would also keep inspiring everyone to go for the goal when we see each other's ongoing results!!! Ladies could go to the original post to find out info about the waist length challenge, and then go to the results thread to check out what we've been doing! I'm so pumped after looking at your pics, I'm off to have my cocktail now!!
I'll be sharing my 6 mos. results in June! Drink-up y'all for healthy, (soon-to-be) loooonnnnnngggggg, gawjus hair!!:guiness:

Back