*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
OK . . . so I have been trying to up my raw intake to 80%/day and I have been doing shakes in the am. I would really like to try this (even if it had no hair benefits, the nutritional benefits are great); however, I can not find wheat germ oil at any of my local stores, including the local whole foods type store. They never even heard of it. So my questions are:
- Is it too late?
- Where can I find wheat germ oil (I am in the boonies, so a substitution would be great)?
- I do very little milk protein, can I use almond milk instead? I see soy so that is not much different.

TIA!!!

Amour--not sure how long it took. I've been drinking it since December and around January, for my bday, my mom got me some new bras. So, I guess a month! Dang--that's fast. My boobs always seemed to be around, but now they really are. I feel like I'm walking with a rack or table in front of me. They are very noticeable.

I'm visiting home right now. My mom knows I'm a bit self-conscious about my chest, especially now. So instead of hugging me first, she grab my boobs and started cracking up instead. :rolleyes:

I do one egg. I've done two at times, but on a consistent basis it's only one.

Wooohoo LOL

How long did it take? :look:

Oh and whats the maximun amount of eggs you guys would take per day. I already do two in the morning, but I start craving it in the evening but worried I'll overdo the egg.

Aspire--I use almond milk.

Ladies, have any of you had to up your fitness/workout routines since beginning to drink this shake?

I know that some people have posted that they felt as if they were gaining weight. I was under the impression that the weight gain was mostly a result of some people adding whey protein to their shakes in addition to the raw eggs.

I am only doing the raw egg and I feel like I am gaining weight. It looks good, but I feel like I'm getting too thick. I've always been tall and thin, but my body is definitely changing. I just started working out recently as a result of this weight.

Anyone of you had to increase or modify your workout routine?

Last edited:
OK . . . so I have been trying to up my raw intake to 80%/day and I have been doing shakes in the am. I would really like to try this (even if it had no hair benefits, the nutritional benefits are great); however, I can not find wheat germ oil at any of my local stores, including the local whole foods type store. They never even heard of it.

Oh my goodness, Booh. Geez oh man. I know you were too through with them! I sure hope you find it 'cause I'd hate for you to have to go through the trouble and expense of mail order. If it comes to that you can find almost anything on e-Bay. Keep up posted, okay?

If you think of it, please pm me about going raw, will ya? I am on the same journey, but verrrry new at it.

Thanksl

Aspire--I use almond milk.

Ladies, have any of you had to up your fitness/workout routines since beginning to drink this shake?

I know that some people have posted that they felt as if they were gaining weight. I was under the impression that the weight gain was mostly a result of some people adding whey protein to their shakes in addition to the raw eggs.

Okay, this ain't good; ain't funny. :ohwell: Anybody want to speak to this? I thought I'd read most of the thread and I surely didn't run across this piece of information (if I had, probably wouldn't be here now). What's up with this phenom yaw'll?

I've just ordered my wheat germ and germ oil from iherb.com
And as soon as I get it I will join you guys.
:lachen:The amount of times I scrunched my nose at this thread due to raw egg, and now I'm trying it.

*Bins Chlorella* Can't take it :nono:

Now is there a results thread? I've read every 5-6 pages of this thread and can't find anyone mention any specific results about the extra growth they've gotten. Plus everytime I click growth in the search button I'm getting some off results...

Last edited:
I rarely do two eggs per day. Others are taking two. I dunno if i'd exceed two per day. I tried chl - again. I became ill - again. I'm laying off of this for a couple of weeks. I have a high toleration factor, and the smell AND taste of this bothers me. I ruined a perfectly good cocktail with this. Be careful with this Egglettes, and start really low. I really don't want anyone getting as sick as i've gotten the last couple of days.

Note: I did not have this problem when i took the tablets.

Awww sorry to read this again bronze! :(

do take the lowest of low doses when you re-start.(0.5grams)
You could be allergic to Chlorella, A very few are!!

I think if I threw up after Chlorella , i would be put off it for a little while...:ohwell:

Hey girls! How goes it? LOL @ "upping the ante"....too too funny!

Amour, I have 4 eggs a day (2 per cocktail). There were a few days when I drank nothing but cocktails all day.

I am out of bananas so I have been using peaches. I will be getting some bananas soon. Lately I have just been having one cocktail a day. It just depends on what I am in the mood for. But most days I drink 2 cocktails, one in the morning and one at night.

wow, double the goodness!!!

what is it like only having egg shakes and nothing else? i bet you are satisfied :)

how is your hair doing? i bet the thickness is out of control

bins Chlorella :thud: :eek: :(

lol, you shoulda donated that good stuff to me chiba :lachen:

I have not gained weight, i have lost weight as i have cut out bad carbohydrates from my diet, i think if you eat bad whilst taking this egg shake you will gain weight!!!

:lachen:The amount of times I scrunched my nose at this thread due to raw egg, and now I'm trying it.

Now is there a results thread? I've read every 5-6 pages of this thread and can't find anyone mention any specific results about the extra growth they've gotten. Plus everytime I click growth in the search button I'm getting some off results...

Day 12

Wheatgerm oil
Olive oil
Raw egg
2 percent milk
1 1 /2 Scoops of soy protein
1 multi vitamin

Hey girls! How goes it? LOL @ "upping the ante"....too too funny!

Amour, I have 4 eggs a day (2 per cocktail). There were a few days when I drank nothing but cocktails all day.

I am out of bananas so I have been using peaches. I will be getting some bananas soon. Lately I have just been having one cocktail a day. It just depends on what I am in the mood for. But most days I drink 2 cocktails, one in the morning and one at night.

What are the benefits of two shakes a day? Has it curved your appetite? I notice I don't get as hungry as I used to.

I wish I could give you some of mine. I'm going bra shopping today because the cup runneth over.:lol:

No noticeably hair change yet. I've been bunning and haven't been paying attention honestly. But my energy is fire. Love it. I just need to channel this energy to exercise and I'd be good.

Aspire, you can get your wheat germ oil from www.iherb.com they have excellent prices and shipping.

OK . . . so I have been trying to up my raw intake to 80%/day and I have been doing shakes in the am. I would really like to try this (even if it had no hair benefits, the nutritional benefits are great); however, I can not find wheat germ oil at any of my local stores, including the local whole foods type store. They never even heard of it. So my questions are:
- Is it too late?
- Where can I find wheat germ oil (I am in the boonies, so a substitution would be great)?
- I do very little milk protein, can I use almond milk instead? I see soy so that is not much different.

TIA!!!

Amour - LOL at your mom grabbing your boobs! :lachen::lachen::lachen:
Amour--not sure how long it took. I've been drinking it since December and around January, for my bday, my mom got me some new bras. So, I guess a month! Dang--that's fast. My boobs always seemed to be around, but now they really are. I feel like I'm walking with a rack or table in front of me. They are very noticeable.

I'm visiting home right now. My mom knows I'm a bit self-conscious about my chest, especially now. So instead of hugging me first, she grab my boobs and started cracking up instead. :rolleyes:

I do one egg. I've done two at times, but on a consistent basis it's only one.

LovinLocks, weight gain usually comes with the addition of whey protein. Most of those who reported this were using additional protein in their shakes, i'm not sure if Tallnomad has, but my weight hasn't crept up since i stopped adding whey. I wouldn't be on this if it were. I'm not watching my calories or carbs or anything. As a matter of fact, my weight was going down as a result of this. Then I started eating so horribly and sooo late at night that it crept back to where it was. :ohwell: I am very pleased with the increased metabolism as a result of my daily cocktail. Now, if i were to exercise and cut back a little, i'd be good to go.

Okay, this ain't good; ain't funny. :ohwell: Anybody want to speak to this? I thought I'd read most of the thread and I surely didn't run across this piece of information (if I had, probably wouldn't be here now). What's up with this phenom yaw'll?

:lachen:The amount of times I scrunched my nose at this thread due to raw egg, and now I'm trying it. Yep, my sentiments, exactly. I could never have imagined taking this. Now i'm an advocate.

No results thread. Some of the Egglettes have posted pics of their hair growth and thickness in this thread, but not in one specific place. You gotta look around in this to find it.

bins Chlorella :thud: :eek: :(

lol, you shoulda donated that good stuff to me chiba :lachen:

I have not gained weight, i have lost weight as i have cut out bad carbohydrates from my diet, i think if you eat bad whilst taking this egg shake you will gain weight!!!
<<< I think this is very possible. But if you are conscientious of your eating, you should be very happy with the results.

In regards to my weight gain, I must say that it is solid (muscle). I've actually gotten compliments from people. The "weight" looks like muscle, so maybe the shake is bulking me up. I eat a very "clean" diet. I'm vegetarian except for salmon and tuna from time to time and I eat lots of salads and steamed veggies, soups, etc. I don't snack too much. So maybe I'm finally just getting my womanly curves with the help of this shake. I am going to start running to to see if I can lean up the muscle.

Didn't mean to scare anyone talking about weight, I should have clarified that it is muscle weight.

Do you still gain weight if you add whey protein but cut out other unhealthy habits? I'm a horrible eater and recently cut out junk food/sweets. I wouldn't want to see my weight stay where it is due to whey protein.

I wish i could answer this, but i didn't cut other unhealthy eating habits, so I can't say if the whey protein is sufficient in and of itself to cause weight gain. I did notice toning and muscle improvement from the original recipe, though. Everything seemed to get a "lift."

Do you still gain weight if you add whey protein but cut out other unhealthy habits? I'm a horrible eater and recently cut out junk food/sweets. I wouldn't want to see my weight stay where it is due to whey protein.

ShortyC~ you were missed. Glad you posted.
Hey Egglettes, I don't wanna call you all by name, but... drop us a line! Haven't heard from you in a while and you are definitely missed. Let us know how goes it! I pray you all are better than fine.

Hey Br*nze and Egglettes! I am doing ok...just wrestling with all this hair! I seriously don't feel like doing anything else after a co-wash and deep conditioning session. :lachen:There were a few days that I dropped the ball last week and this week because I needed a break but I need to find some discipline from somewhere because I'm on a mission!

wow, double the goodness!!!

what is it like only having egg shakes and nothing else? i bet you are satisfied :)

how is your hair doing? i bet the thickness is out of control

that day I had 3 eggshakes and no snacks/grazing in between. it was a great day! I haven't been that disciplined since, though. I think I was also trying to use up the eggs before they went bad. I went fool and bought like 6 cartons at a time. Now I'm down to 2 but I need to use those kinda fast. I guess I was acting fast in case I was holed up in this apartment on quarantine from the swine flu scare. :lachen: I guess you could say I was well prepared.

the thickness is out of control indeed. I am getting back to the days when I had to cut the water off midshower and detangle and then cut the water back on to resume showering. Otherwise, I will have ran out of hot water. :blush: I realize that I have to do that at the beginning of every year since 2007. It usually tapers off around July or so...or should I say it gets less difficult to handle around the second half of the year. I tried looking for a before cocktail picture of wet hair w/o product and I found one, but it's the only one I have of my hair wet with nothing on it and it's not great. The next time I rinse completely I will take another wet hair pic without product to compare it against for you ladies.

I've had to fight the urge to have two eggshakes a day for awhile now. I always want to, but I'm afraid the extra egg might make me sick. Shortycocoa, your story makes me want to try it anyway! Congrats on your results!

ShortyC, that's absolutely fabulous. Please do better about taking pics than I have. I have my digicam all boxed ready to be shipped for repair, but have been driving around with it for weeks. shameful.

i would luv luv luv to see your progress.

that day I had 3 eggshakes and no snacks/grazing in between. it was a great day! I haven't been that disciplined since, though. I think I was also trying to use up the eggs before they went bad. I went fool and bought like 6 cartons at a time. Now I'm down to 2 but I need to use those kinda fast. I guess I was acting fast in case I was holed up in this apartment on quarantine from the swine flu scare. :lachen: I guess you could say I was well prepared.

the thickness is out of control indeed. I am getting back to the days when I had to cut the water off midshower and detangle and then cut the water back on to resume showering. Otherwise, I will have ran out of hot water. :blush: I realize that I have to do that at the beginning of every year since 2007. It usually tapers off around July or so...or should I say it gets less difficult to handle around the second half of the year. I tried looking for a before cocktail picture of wet hair w/o product and I found one, but it's the only one I have of my hair wet with nothing on it and it's not great. The next time I rinse completely I will take another wet hair pic without product to compare it against for you ladies.

I'm with ya, Lux, ShortyC makes me wanna up the ante as well.

I have noticed that my part - when wearing my hair bone straight, parted down the middle has gotten really really tiny. It used to be kinda large -and I was really self-conscious. I noticed this week that it is so small. I used to part my hair and you really couldn't see my scalp. Then I got to the point where my mom kept telling me to part my hair thinner and smaller. :ohwell: She just couldn't wrap her head around the idea that my hair had gotten just that thin and that's just the way my hair parted, now. :perplexed So to say the least, i'm very pleased with this.

I've had to fight the urge to have two eggshakes a day for awhile now. I always want to, but I'm afraid the extra egg might make me sick. Shortycocoa, your story makes me want to try it anyway! Congrats on your results!

Good morning fellow Egglettes! I've been up for a while now but I am gonna make my drink in a few minutes. Lux and Br*nze, go ahead and up the ante! Lux, I know you have concerns about the second egg making you sick but it is blended so I think you'll be ok.

I have been thinking about putting my hair in twists for a few weeks since I will have company in town next week and then next month i will be out of town for a few days. It will definitely help me out a lot to have twists instead of loose hair (co-washing and shower time is faster and I use less conditioner and product with twists), but I can never really keep them for longer than a few days or even a week when I have done them last year. I haven't twisted my hair this year yet, so maybe I am due for it for comparison purposes.

I thought of doing it today/this weekend, but I try to spend time with my bf on the weekends since we don't see each other or get to do a lot during the week while he is working.

Either way, I'll keep you ladies posted. Br*nze if I decide to twist I will definitely document with pictures!

get your drink on, ladies!

Last edited:
1 (per the recipe).

Er um, I'm curious about this "craving" this stuff?? How exactly are you taking this, hon? I mean it ain't nasty, but I would hardly describe as "craving" for it. Maybe you have a bomb way of mixing it; I'd like to know. This is my first time trying this soy milk; it's aiiiight. Always looking for something more palatable (don't wanna do whole milk though I know I would love it; it's just that I've been off milk for years and don't wanna return).

I love my shake!

I use
2 eggs
milk
cinnamon
nutmeg
almond extract
vanilla extract
wheatgerm oil
wheatgerm
molasses
bananna (if i have one)
squirt of condensed milk

Sounds like ALOT but it isnt, and taste REALLLY good, like non alcoholic guiness punch obviously w/o the guiness, keeps me FULL until dinner, have to force myself to have lunch.

Ok Y'all

I subscribed to this a few pages ago and got all my ingreds in-

almond milk
one egg
maca
bee pollen
beet root powder
wheatgrass mix (wheatgrass, alfalfa, kelp, barley, parsley, spurlina, stevia)
oats
frozen strawberries

had my first shake today w/DH.

It was very good.

I'll be doing this for a while

for the hair & general health.

THANX LADIES!!!!

Hi egglets!!! Just checking in to say I got my drink on today! :grin: It was extra good because I haven't had it since Wednesday. Hope everybody is doing well with their drink and their hair and body wellness!! I've got about 3 inches of new growth, and I am not in any hurry to get a re-touch. I'm actually able to tame my new growth a lot easier now since I've been on the drink than I was last year! Wonder if the drink is changing the texture of my hair, or is it old age??? :lachen:
I know, I know!!! I'm not gonna question it, but I am going to ride this stretch out as long as possible...its already been 5 months since my last touch-up, and I'm in no hurry to do it again!!! ( I've been lurking in the BKT threads too, getting ideas!!!) Keep drinking up ladies, cause good hair things are definitely happening!

Welcome Egglette AKA-Tude to the Nest!!!
You are more than welcome, Did DH like it, too? He'll be fightin' you for those eggs, AKA-T~

Ok Y'all

I subscribed to this a few pages ago and got all my ingreds in-

almond milk
one egg
maca
bee pollen
beet root powder
wheatgrass mix (wheatgrass, alfalfa, kelp, barley, parsley, spurlina, stevia)
oats
frozen strawberries

had my first shake today w/DH.

It was very good.

I'll be doing this for a while

for the hair & general health.

THANX LADIES!!!!
Thanks ShortyC~, don't keep fellow Egglettes waiting.....:grin:
Good morning fellow Egglettes! I've been up for a while now but I am gonna make my drink in a few minutes. Lux and Br*nze, go ahead and up the ante! Lux, I know you have concerns about the second egg making you sick but it is blended so I think you'll be ok.

I have been thinking about putting my hair in twists for a few weeks since I will have company in town next week and then next month i will be out of town for a few days. It will definitely help me out a lot to have twists instead of loose hair (co-washing and shower time is faster and I use less conditioner and product with twists), but I can never really keep them for longer than a few days or even a week when I have done them last year. I haven't twisted my hair this year yet, so maybe I am due for it for comparison purposes.

I thought of doing it today/this weekend, but I try to spend time with my bf on the weekends since we don't see each other or get to do a lot during the week while he is working.

Either way, I'll keep you ladies posted. Br*nze if I decide to twist I will definitely document with pictures!

get your drink on, ladies!

Amour you are rollin' strong! Don't ya just love the cinnamon and nutmeg? They curb your appetite, as well...

I love my shake!

I use
2 eggs
milk
cinnamon
nutmeg
almond extract
vanilla extract
wheatgerm oil
wheatgerm
molasses
bananna (if i have one)
squirt of condensed milk

Sounds like ALOT but it isnt, and taste REALLLY good, like non alcoholic guiness punch obviously w/o the guiness, keeps me FULL until dinner, have to force myself to have lunch.

Hi Egglette Stella thanks for checkin' in!
Yes, good hair things are definitely happening!
That is some new growth, Chica - and it's tame. How ya like that? I do believe your texture is changing because it's getting nourished such good foods, has nothin' to do with old age, Hot Mama!

The BKT is gonna get us all, my order should be in today....
*waiting waiting waiting*

Hi egglets!!! Just checking in to say I got my drink on today! :grin: It was extra good because I haven't had it since Wednesday. Hope everybody is doing well with their drink and their hair and body wellness!! I've got about 3 inches of new growth, and I am not in any hurry to get a re-touch. I'm actually able to tame my new growth a lot easier now since I've been on the drink than I was last year! Wonder if the drink is changing the texture of my hair, or is it old age??? :lachen:
I know, I know!!! I'm not gonna question it, but I am going to ride this stretch out as long as possible...its already been 5 months since my last touch-up, and I'm in no hurry to do it again!!! ( I've been lurking in the BKT threads too, getting ideas!!!) Keep drinking up ladies, cause good hair things are definitely happening!

By golly perhaps that's the key . . .. I like summa Amor's add-ins. I'm drinking mine for the day now, but I surely will keep this in mind going forward.

I'm so glad yaw'll share.

What's a "BKT" thread??

By golly perhaps that's the key . . .. I like summa Amor's add-ins. I'm drinking mine for the day now, but I surely will keep this in mind going forward.

What's a "BKT" thread??
I'm glad yaw'll share too, LovinLocks! I learn soooooooooooo much from you ladies here on "hairbook!" LovinLocks, I've got my nose all in the Brazillian Keratin Treatment threads because I'm curious about the process, and excited about the potential of this conditioning treatment being able to manage curls, and frizz on any type of hair!! (relaxed and natural) without creating a permanent change in the bonds of the hair. A few of our LHCF sisters have had it done with outstanding results!!! I'm staying tuned, cause I'm liking what I see so far...:yep: Check it out when you get a chance!

LL , BKT = Brazilian Keratin Treatment for hair, it's used to strengthen and straighten frizzy hair...see Keratin Treatment Support Thread for more info, it's all the rage, next to the Waistlength Cocktail, that is...:spinning:

What's a "BKT" thread??

Back