Drink Water For Blingin Hair Challenge!

im joining........ ive been slacking bad.
im going to drink 70ounces a day.
take my biotin n my cod liver oil pills...
n my multivitamin............. YES I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
lol

...........xoxo HAPPY HAIR GROWING LADIES!!!!!

Whew! I got my first 32 ounces down. I have my bottle in the fridge now to start after lunch. I am already feeling more energized and also taking my One a Day All Day Energy vitamins every other day. I'm doing protective styles until the end of the month at least and deep conditioning every week.

I can only do this with gatorade, but I started

it aint plain water, but I wont be dehydrated

and I think I have been for a while now

This is not true. It's a common misconception.

The hair strand is continuous, and though hair is dead, it has layers that are continuous and feed right from the bulb. What you give to your body is not only apparent in the new growth, it is also spread throughout the core of the hair- (again because the entire strand is one continous length and it feeds out from the bulb). Since there is no disconnect between the bulb and the rest of the hair, what is available to the hair at the root, will eventually spread out to the tips/ends of the strand. You may notice it first at the new growth, but it will also make a difference in the hair that has already grown out (though this may take longer).

hair2.gif

You can see between the root (bulb and papilla) and the rest of the strand, there is no division or block to the spread of nutrients and minerals to the rest of the shaft. This is one of the main reasons doctor can take tell whether you have ingested certain drugs by studying your hair strands (whether the roots are in tact or not!)

Oh yeah PS- I'm in too! :o

yeah If I remember correctly though they can tell the timeline too , which means those substances would be found at a certain place in the hair's length , and they estimate when it was taken by typical growth cycles, so its hair that grew from the scalp at the time the med was taken, depending on where it shows up in the length, is how they estimate a timeline-if this is true then it does really only start with the new growth and on

yeah If I remember correctly though they can tell the timeline too , which means those substances would be found at a certain place in the hair's length , and they estimate when it was taken by typical growth cycles, so its hair that grew from the scalp at the time the med was taken, depending on where it shows up in the length, is how they estimate a timeline-if this is true then it does really only start with the new growth and on

:yep:yes this is true. But like I said- even though it starts with the new growth, that doesn't mean only the new growth will reap the benefits. The entire strand will eventually benefit as well. As I mentioned- the new growth will just show it first. It's a misconception that you'll only see the benefits of water/vitamins/minerals etc from the new hair that grows after you've added these things to your diet.

is it too late for me to join this challenge?? because if not, i am soo in! my skin always looks lovely when i drink a good amount of water daily, cant wait to see what it'll do to my hair!

I've almost gotten all of my water, just two more cups to go

This is so hard! I think this may be the hardest challenge I've ever been a part of :lol:

Tiffers thank you for this challenge! I cant do all water, but making myself stick to drinking at least some and gatorade is already helping me 'feel' better

:yep:yes this is true. But like I said- even though it starts with the new growth, that doesn't mean only the new growth will reap the benefits. The entire strand will eventually benefit as well. As I mentioned- the new growth will just show it first. It's a misconception that you'll only see the benefits of water/vitamins/minerals etc from the new hair that grows after you've added these things to your diet.
its all good girl, i hope it moves all down the hair shaft :yep:

Iris, you KNOW you wrong for drinking Gatorade, Gatorade ain't no water! You gotta drink water and suffer like the rest of us! :lachen:

I ended up drinking 64oz of water yesterday....my intake is "suppose" to be 90oz....I'm gonna start early today and see if I can get it in. :look:

Iris, you KNOW you wrong for drinking Gatorade, Gatorade ain't no water! You gotta drink water and suffer like the rest of us! :lachen:

:lachen: Yeah, what she said! Haha, but Gatorade is starting to sound good now. It is rehydrating and good for your body. I think Iris has a good idea. I will now try to resist runing to the store to get some....:wallbash:

hehehehe

its da bestest I can do

baby steps girl, baby steps

but for real I have low sodium so when I go to hydrate I need the sodium with it at least starting this out, so thats why I'm starting like this

but I will gradually go to more water, so I'm still going to be miserable:lachen:

:lachen::lachen: its for that deep down body thirst! :lachen:

nah girl it has alot of other stuff you dont need unless you need it, know what I mean?
:lachen: Yeah, what she said! Haha, but Gatorade is starting to sound good now. It is rehydrating and good for your body. I think Iris has a good idea. I will now try to resist runing to the store to get some....:wallbash:

I know what you mean. I might go get some because I do need it. I will still be drinking my water though. Day 3 and I already have more energy and generally feel better. This challenge is definitely helping me. I am glad she thought of this one (misery loves company right? :grin: )

:lachen::lachen: its for that deep down body thirst! :lachen:

nah girl it has alot of other stuff you dont need unless you need it, know what I mean?

I know what you mean. I might go get some because I do need it. I will still be drinking my water though. Day 3 and I already have more energy and generally feel better. This challenge is definitely helping me. I am glad she thought of this one (misery loves company right? :grin: )

yup yup she has plenty of our miserable company now:lachen:

this is gonna be so good later, I'm hoping this will get easier

Hello everyone Im in.....this will be one of my first challenges and im excited. This is one of those things I struggle with I start but then slack off big time.

I've been doing better. I was sick (hopefully not morning sickness :() this weekend and to keep from getting dehydrated I upped the water even more...hate being sick.

Please count me in. For me it will have 74 oz daily. I am so excited because I love water. I have my Victoria's Secret PINK water bottle ready!

Back