DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I'm gonna try this

once per week (sometimes less often) is all I was doing, I'm gonna up it for this year and pray I can/will keep this commitment

starting pic!
Hosted on Fotki

will be using alot of the conditioners on the list, plus Aveda, and Redken

Hi -

I would like to join too. As you so rightly pointed out, while I usually deep condition at least every week, sometimes I do get lazy; being motivated to deep condition 2-3 times a week can only be a good thing.

The deep conditioners I use at this time are:

Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask (regularly) - moisture - this one is my regular conditioner that I use twice a week with a bag on my head while lounging in the tub. the directions say 5 minutes so not a real dc.

and these are to 15 or more minute ones that I use with heat (bag under the dryer for 20 minutes or more)
ICON Inner Home Moisture Mask - moisture - this is simply my fav moisturizing deep conditioner - i dc overnight with this one when I relax.

Aubrey's Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask- protein - I just recevied this one for Christmas, so haven't used it yet, but it looks really good.
Rene Furterer Karite Intense Nourishing Mask - light protein - another promising christmas present
Frederic Fekkai Hair Mask with Shea Butter - moisture - i do like this one will continue to use it.

So to get in the twice per week, Wednesday used to be a hair evening for me - and then I got lazy and did only Saturdays. So deep conditioning with heat on Wednesday and Saturdays. I will get a picture posted by the end of the week.

this conditioner is great. i posted a thread on it when a first tried it reviewing it. i havn't used it in a little bit because i'm having a hard time finding it now... i used to just pick it up in the bath and body near me. its super moisturizing. i didn't even really want to add anything to my hair after i used it. i will buy it again once i use up all of my not so great conditioners that i purhcased just because.

Thanks for answering SR.

:hug2: Thanks for remembering to add me to challenge.

I will be more vigilant with the conditioning in the part 3 challenge.
Had a hard lesson learned for the end of '08...I won't be stretching again past 4 months again anytime soon..:ohwell:
Ready for a comeback. I will take a pic at some point, I just don't have it in me yet to see the two inch trim/cut :sad:-- but I need to have something to compare to six months-year from now to see if I made it back from this mistake.

Did an overnight mix with Vatika Frosting, Cocosta Oil and SitriNillah (topped off with some Ojon) - about to shampoo now and do an Aphogee treatment (I shoulda NEVA slacked off on those - I think I did too much moisture and not enough of protein - fell off the moisture/protein wagon, getting back on - it makes a big difference)

Will follow up the protein treatment with another quick SitriNillah moisture hit.

You know I wouldn't have forgotten you hon'.

Sign me up please!

I'd like to be added to this challenge! I need to be more consistent with my DC'ing and am hoping this will help. Right now, I use Hairveda Sitrinillah or ORS replenishing to DC with: they both do me well.

I have been wanting to try Oyin products and Aubrey Organics for awhile, maybe I will get to it this year. But really, my hair is loving Hairveda and Wen (which I use for co-washing) :yep:

I am down..please adda sista in..stating pic in my avatar as well!

A warm welcome to all new challengers. I will add you in shortly. Thanks also to those who listed their DC's for me to add to the front page. We are on a roll ladies:grin:!!!

Last edited:
How do you like it?

I absolutely LOVE it. Since I got it like 2 weeks ago, its the only thing I have been using to DC. Its thick but not too thick, it just melts in my hair. It leaves my hair very soft and it feels strong afterward, not sure how because I don't think it has protein in it. Oh and it smells :lick:

I have maaaany DC to choose from, so I will just alternate between protein and moisture. Most times I will put on a plastic cap and leave on for 60 minutes to overnight, and use the dryer if I have time to sit.
Now thats what I call multitasking

Ooo..I know why you have so many conditioners Miss Lady. You went shopping at Sickbay!:grin:
Then you have those other condishes you just mentioned. You're in the PJ family!

I too deep conditioned today with AO honeysucke rose mixed with some WEN tea tree cleansing conditioner.

Aggie, how many days are you DCing?

Ooo..I know why you have so many conditioners Miss Lady. You went shopping at Sickbay!:grin:
Then you have those other condishes you just mentioned. You're in the PJ family!

Aggie, how many days are you DCing?

Once a week because I'm in braids now. But when I take these down it will back to my usual 2 per week. I will incorporating just a tad bit more protein in my regimen. I feel like my hair needs it right now:yep:.

Does using Wen once a week count as a DC

The fig one is quite thick to me for DC'ing but I would still recommend maybe a little of it with a full deep conditioner like most of us do for added moisture, strength and manageability, okay?

ETA: Will you be joining the challenge?

ETAA: Okay I just got your pm to be added. You have been added as well jbailey.

Last edited:
I forgot to list the current conditioners that I'm currently using:

-ORS Rep Pak
-AO HSR
-Nacidit Aloe Vera
-Miss Keys 10 en 1

ETA: I'll add a pic later. Pics are the part of challenges that I find challenging. :D

Last edited:
Ohhhh this DC Challenges sounds GREAT to me. Can you add me to this challenge.

Here is a list of conditions that im currently applying to my hair:
~KeraCare Humeto
~ORS Rep Pak

My first check in...

Had an overnight moisture DC using bananas, coconut cream, dollop of shea butter, honey and molasses. I made plenty, so leftovers, enough for 3-4 applications, will be frozen in bags ;-). Hope to DC weekly or fortnightly, alternating protein and moisture.

Random: How can we not have a :wink: smilie?

Please add me to this challenge was going to join 'bootcamp09' but this seems to be more up my ally as will combine with wig challenge09. have to work out how to get pictures on

Hey Aggie,

That is a great list of deep conditioners - all of my favorites are already listed!
AO Honeysuckle Rose
Pantane R&N Mask
Queen Helene Chlosterol
Aphogee Blancing Moisturizer and 2 min Reconstructor
Organics Hair Mayo
Lustersulk Shea Butter

I'm down for 2009!

Last edited:
I am deep conditioning as we speak - or as I type as the case may be. I finally decided that even though I am on vacation, my hair is not. I did a pre-poo with Phytonectar, washed with phytorhum for the first wash and phytojoba for the second. I am watching CSI Miami with ICON Inner Home and a bag on my head. I'll go under the dryer for thrity minutes. My hair will be so wonderful, I might even wear it down tomorrow. Well, okay, maybe not all day, but for a little bit - certainly long enough to take that picture.

ok I am in but help the new girl if I put product on for 5min with a cap under the dry is that a deep condition?

Here is my starting pic.
picture.php

ok I am in but help the new girl if I put product on for 5min with a cap under the dry is that a deep condition?

Deep conditioners will have instructions that ead to leave in for 15 minutes with or without heat. Some conditioners work for both regular and deep conditioning, some will only say 1-5 minutes and rinse.

What product are you using? What do the instructions say?

I've found that I need to write down which conditioners (esp. if I mix several) to monitor what works best - as I use up all of my products!

Hey guys I love Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor can I use that twice a week? I was thinking that was too much protein? I have some packets of silk element megasilk moisturizing treatment has anyone used that before?

Just checking in. I am deep conditioning right now with Elasta DPR and Olive Oil. I used Kenra MC on Friday. This is also giving me a chance to use up some products :grin:. I hope this DPR leaves my hair feeling good, because I didn't like it the first time I used it:nono:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back