DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for my AO HSR to arrive. I could not wait for my local health food store to restoke, so I ended up ordering online.

I went conditioner crazy last week
Here are the goodies I bought:

AO HSR
Pantene conditioning mask
Mizani Thermasmooth
Mizani moisturfuse
Suave tropical coconut

I already had:

ORS hair mayo
Shescentit Banana Brulee

:look:

Lets just say, I will NOT be buying conditioner, or anything else for that matter, anytime soon!:rolleyes:

Mandy I have all in your stash except the Shescentit products. Thanks for posting.

Ladies, do me a kind favor - please include the brand name of the products you're using so I can post them on the front page for our newbies, especially if you're having great results with them:grin:. Thanks a million.

Hi Ladies,

First, thanks Aggie for letting me join this challenge

I've been dc'ing for a long time, but it will be great to join this group of fellow dc'ers for extra support during those times when I have to push myself to be consistent.

Tonight, for my DC, I'm using ORS Replenishing pack with some Ojon ultra hydrating, and a couple of tsps of extra olive oil mixed in. I've put it on dry hair, and I'm using a heating cap.

Start Pics added Jan 16th, and were taken on Jan 2nd:

Last edited:
here are the deep conditioner that have worked for me and the ones i love:

ORS replenishing pak
joico k pak deep penetrating reconstructor
joico k pak intensive hydrator
redken all soft heavy cream
keracare humecto
its a 10
banana brulee

Okay, starting pic. This is the most recent, semi-straightened pic I have because I haven't been using heat. I lightly blow dried last Saturday (12/20/08). I may come back and change the pic for accuracy purposes at a later date.
IMG00153-vi.jpg

My DC's will alternate so I can't list what I'll commit to using because that's subject to change depending on my mood and hair needs :grin: . Y'all know I'm fickle anyway.

I forgot to mention how I will be DC'ing. Most of the time I DC with heat for around 30 minutes to an hour (30 minutes with heat and sometimes 30 without). Sometimes when I use a protein DC I do it without heat and I leave it on overnight and wash it out the next morning and condition. I think this challenge will be good for me because I've been getting lazy with my DC'ing. I'll do it but I won't feel like doing it. This challenge will help me remember how important it is to remember to DC.

Hi Muffin, I wanting to let you know that I tried the African Rooibos Tea. :love4::lick:

Can't wait for my AO HSR to arrive. I could not wait for my local health food store to restoke, so I ended up ordering online.

I went conditioner crazy last week
Here are the goodies I bought:

AO HSR
Pantene conditioning mask
Mizani Thermasmooth
Mizani moisturfuse
Suave tropical coconut

I already had:

ORS hair mayo
Shescentit Banana Brulee

:look:

Lets just say, I will NOT be buying conditioner, or anything else for that matter, anytime soon!:rolleyes:
'

Mandy, I cannot believe how far your hair has come. Whatever you are doing is good. It looks good.

Okay, starting pic. This is the most recent, semi-straightened pic I have because I haven't been using heat. I lightly blow dried last Saturday (12/20/08). I may come back and change the pic for accuracy purposes at a later date.
IMG00153-vi.jpg

My DC's will alternate so I can't list what I'll commit to using because that's subject to change depending on my mood and hair needs :grin: . Y'all know I'm fickle anyway.

Eisani, you have a head full of beautiful hair. I love it!

I'm in - I just PM'd for the add.

ETA: I will be using Garnier Ultra Doux Avocado Oil and Shea Butter mask until I get back to the states and can get my hands on my regular DCs.

Last edited:
Thanks for signing me up Aggie!

I am in this challeng for th duration, God willing.

I am going to DC 2x per week during the cold months and 2 - 3 tx per week during the hotter months w/heats. 1x per week with conditioning cap/or Conair Bonnet, and 1x per week under the dryer. (getting a Pibbs in two weeks; I am so excited!)

Currently I am using the following conditioners (subject to change)

Moisturizing
Elucence Moisture Balance
Kenra
She Scent-it Fortifying Mask
HairVeda SitriNalla Masque

I have protein conditioners. I use one weekly (Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Milk, but the other ones I use maye 1x or 2x per month. Fyi: proteins are Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Milk, Keraphix, Mega Tek (applied to scalp 3x per week), Affirm5 in 1 Reconstructor, Emergencee (rarely use).

Last edited:
Checking in for the week. I used my Ovation Set today, then followed with a DC of LeKair Cholesterol and a generous helping of olive oil. 30 minutes under the dryer. It came out very soft with some, but minimal, breakage. Im 14 days post with some noticable NG.

here are the deep conditioner that have worked for me and the ones i love:

ORS replenishing pak
joico k pak deep penetrating reconstructor
joico k pak intensive hydrator
redken all soft heavy cream
keracare humecto
its a 10
banana brulee

IMG00153-vi.jpg

Dang Eisani, your hair is breathtaking!

dc's i will use but subject to change/will be adding:
Elasta QP DPR-11
ORS Rep. Pak
Kenra MC

Thanks for signing me up Aggie!

I am in this challeng for th duration, God willing.

I am going to DC 2x per week during the cold months and 2 - 3 tx per week during the hotter months w/heats. 1x per week with conditioning cap/or Conair Bonnet, and 1x per week under the dryer. (getting a Pibbs in two weeks; I am so excited!)

Currently I am using the following conditioners (subject to change)

Moisturizing
Elucence Moisture Balance
Kenra
She Scent-it Fortifying Mask
HairVeda SitriNalla Masque

I have protein conditioners. I use one weekly (Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Milk, but the other ones I use maye 1x or 2x per month. Fyi: proteins are Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Milk, Keraphix, Mega Tek (applied to scalp 3x per week), Affirm5 in 1 Reconstructor, Emergencee (rarely use).

Thanks ladies for posting your DCs for me to add on the front page which I will find time to do either tomorrow or Monday. Please keep them coming. SOme of these I already have on the front page but I see a few that are not there:yep:.

Last edited:
i'm most definitely in. i'll be using mop extreme moisture (maybe), honey suckle rose, sitrinillah, ors replenishing conidioner. I'll also be trying to finish up all of my darned conditioners that i didn't really like.

i'm most definitely in. i'll be using mop extreme moisture (maybe), honey suckle rose, sitrinillah, ors replenishing conidioner. I'll also be trying to finish up all of my darned conditioners that i didn't really like.
Have you used this conditioner before SR or no? I was eyeing that one as well on www.sleekhair.com. I was going to purchase it but decidd not to because I hadn't gotten any reviews on it from my girls here. I wanted to know how well it worked.

By the way, you and eveyone that joined today up to this point have all been added to the challenge.

I was on a DC spree today:ohwell:

Prepooed with oils
Did a BS treatment
DCed with OCT
And now I am doing an overnight DC with Pantene DC mask
:blush::blush:.......I was bored
I hope my hair will not bit me in the butt for this:look:

ok I'm gonna try this

once per week (sometimes less often) is all I was doing, I'm gonna up it for this year and pray I can/will keep this commitment

starting pic!
Hosted on Fotki

will be using alot of the conditioners on the list, plus Aveda, and Redken

Hi -

I would like to join too. As you so rightly pointed out, while I usually deep condition at least every week, sometimes I do get lazy; being motivated to deep condition 2-3 times a week can only be a good thing.

The deep conditioners I use at this time are:

Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask (regularly) - moisture - this one is my regular conditioner that I use twice a week with a bag on my head while lounging in the tub. the directions say 5 minutes so not a real dc.

and these are to 15 or more minute ones that I use with heat (bag under the dryer for 20 minutes or more)
ICON Inner Home Moisture Mask - moisture - this is simply my fav moisturizing deep conditioner - i dc overnight with this one when I relax.

Aubrey's Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask- protein - I just recevied this one for Christmas, so haven't used it yet, but it looks really good.
Rene Furterer Karite Intense Nourishing Mask - light protein - another promising christmas present
Frederic Fekkai Hair Mask with Shea Butter - moisture - i do like this one will continue to use it.

So to get in the twice per week, Wednesday used to be a hair evening for me - and then I got lazy and did only Saturdays. So deep conditioning with heat on Wednesday and Saturdays. I will get a picture posted by the end of the week.

Last edited:
I did a conditioner/oil prepoo yesterday.
I then washed and DC'd with heat. I DC'd
with heat for 30 min, then I just left it on
while I finished up laundry. My hair now is
so nice an moist.

Have you used this conditioner before SR or no? I was eyeing that one as well on www.sleekhair.com. I was going to purchase it but decidd not to because I hadn't gotten any reviews on it from my girls here. I wanted to know how well it worked.

By the way, you and eveyone that joined today up to this point have all been added to the challenge.

this conditioner is great. i posted a thread on it when a first tried it reviewing it. i havn't used it in a little bit because i'm having a hard time finding it now... i used to just pick it up in the bath and body near me. its super moisturizing. i didn't even really want to add anything to my hair after i used it. i will buy it again once i use up all of my not so great conditioners that i purhcased just because.

:hug2: Thanks for remembering to add me to challenge.

I will be more vigilant with the conditioning in the part 3 challenge.
Had a hard lesson learned for the end of '08...I won't be stretching again past 4 months again anytime soon..:ohwell:
Ready for a comeback. I will take a pic at some point, I just don't have it in me yet to see the two inch trim/cut :sad:-- but I need to have something to compare to six months-year from now to see if I made it back from this mistake.

Did an overnight mix with Vatika Frosting, Cocosta Oil and SitriNillah (topped off with some Ojon) - about to shampoo now and do an Aphogee treatment
(I shoulda NEVA slacked off on those - I think I did too much moisture and not enough of protein - fell off the moisture/protein wagon, getting back on - it makes a big difference)

Will follow up the protein treatment with another quick SitriNillah moisture hit.

I'd like to be added to this challenge! I need to be more consistent with my DC'ing and am hoping this will help. Right now, I use Hairveda Sitrinillah or ORS replenishing to DC with: they both do me well.

I have been wanting to try Oyin products and Aubrey Organics for awhile, maybe I will get to it this year. But really, my hair is loving Hairveda and Wen (which I use for co-washing) :yep:

Deep conditioning(moisture) now for 1 hour.

ETA: Our desktop is in the repair shop. Once it is fixed I will upload my starting point pic.

Last edited:
DC'ing now with ORS Replenshing Pak and TreSemme moisturizing condish mixed with Brahmi, Maka, and Amla powders.

*Satisfying two challenges with one stone*:grin:

Starting pic in avatar...I'm DC right now with GVP Conditioning Balm..I'm going to leave it in for a few hours with conditioning cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back