DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this around, but I have not used it before. Hopefully some who has can chime in.

Thanks for the response Mandy. I am using it now. I added some honey and ghee. I will report back when I am dry. It smells nice tho. I hope others will chime in too.

Happy new year ladies I am about to wash and dc with coconut milk,conditoner, cheapie, evoo, honey and a dash of castor oil. Then a roller set.

Okay, so I have done my first deep conditioning treatment of the challenge. I used OUIDAD DEEP TREATMENT. I will also use Sizta 2 Sizta Shea Peppermint deep conditioner. My hair will be relaxed also on January 10th.I will get my ends trimmed since that has not been done in at least a year--this will use my pass. Here's my starting pic:

Attachments

• hair09.jpg
    hair09.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
Will be getting a relaxer Jan. 7th. Tonight I am going to do a clarifying shampoo using suave and then dc with ORS hair mayo. My avatar is my starting pic.

DCChallengeStartJan12009.jpg

Here's my starting picture for the DC challenge. It was taken this morning right after my first DC (I decided to start on the 1st and then added it to my calendar for at least every week. My hair is damp with just a little HS 14-in-1 on it. I DC'ed with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing conditioner.

Last edited:
Happy New Hair Growing Year Ladies!!!

I would like to join this challenge, I am dc-ing overnight with Motions Moisture Plus. I am a bit of of a pj and will use up the conditioners I already have. Will post a starting pic as soon as I am sorted. Am using MT and OCT so my conitioning will be moisture based.

ETA - natural 4a

Last edited:
Sign me up...

Starting pic attached... Type 4 TWA

My Deep Conditioners are (rotate use):

Full fat yogurt/coconut oil
Elasta QP DPR-11
Haiveda Stirnellah (mixed with loreal vive pro hydra gloss or nutri gloss condish)
AO GPB

I either do 2-3 hours no heat or 30 with/30 without using a heat cap

I DC about twice a week.

'D'

Attachments

• SNC00030_edited.jpg
    SNC00030_edited.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2
I used LeKair Cholesterol today. Sat under conditioning cap for 45 mins and slept in it for an extra 2 hrs.

Today I DCd with Silicone Mix and Hot Six oil (with a little peppermint oil in it). I kept a cap on for about 2 hours then sat under the dryer under hot air for about 5 minutes.

Attachments

• DSC01062.JPG
    DSC01062.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
Just got DC'ing my hair. I relaxed today and my hair felt a both dry and a bit weaker, so I wanted to DC with both my AO GPB and the Island Naturals. I DC'd first with the protein DC w/heat for 20 minutes, then rinsed it out. The GPB worked really well. It's more of a protein conditioner so it didn't make my hair feel super moisturized, but it definitely made my hair feel stronger. It's definitely a keeper :yep:. Then I followed up by DC'ing with my moisturizing DC. I DC'd for 30 minutes with heat and about 5-10 minutes without heat. My hair felt much softer, moveable, and more moisturized. It's a great DC. Overall I definitely recommend the GPB and Island Naturals. The smell may be off-setting to some, but I kind of like it. They both smell of spices :lick:.

WOW!!! I must say I am moved by the number of requests for this challenge, so far 150+ challengers, Woo Hoo:spinning:!!! Okay, all ladies that have sent me pm's and requested to join from within this thread up to this point have all been added to the challenge. Welcome to all new DC challengers and let's have some fun, shall we:yep:?

Okay here's my update:

Today I pre-pooed my scalp and braids with some diluted Infusium 23 Repairologie conditioner. I then washed them with some diluted peppermint castile soap and while I was giving myself a full body coffee/olive oil scrub in the shower, I decided to DC without heat for 30 minutes with some diluted Ultra Black Hair Deep Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and Aphogee keratin 2 minute conditioner. After washing this out, I add a little bit of Lavender WEN conditioner in as a leave in. My scalp felt wonderful, my braids felt lighter and smelled divine:lick:.

Last edited:
I deep conditioned 12/30 with Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Moisturizer (with heat under Hot Tools 1059 Dryer), followed by oil rinse with castor oil and another rinse with Ovation Creme Rinse. I knew I would be using heat, so I had to step it up for proctection.

Results here:

Last edited:
I used LeKair Cholesterol today. Sat under conditioning cap for 45 mins and slept in it for an extra 2 hrs.

I cannot find this conditioner here in the Bahamas and I have been hearing some good things about it. I will be visiting the US next month so i'll be looking for it then. I really want to try this especially mixed in with my henna treatment:yep:.

shampooed with amla cream rinse (loved, felt like a conditioner wash), i did an acv rinse, deep conditioned with mop c-sytem conditioner mixed with honey and olive oil. i'm kinda excited b/c i'm using the big green 3 inch rollers at home. Can't wait to see how they look. I never though my hair would be long enough for this.

last night i deep conditioned on dry hair for 30 minutes with AO GPB(love protein) then shampood with wen sweet almond mint. then conditioned for 5 minutes with joico intense hydrator. i then slaped on some leave in and oil and wet bunned.

Today I DC'd with ORS Hair Mayo, honey and EVOO under a hot towel for 30 minutes.
I washed with baking soda and my cheapie conditioner. Then, I applied coconut oil, jojoba, and Parnevu T-Tree leave-in. I am currently air drying in two-strand twists and braids. I will wear a twist/bun protective style until next DC/co-wash.

I DC'd today for 50 min under the Pibbs with Elucence and Lazartigue shea butter on the ends. I'm rollersetting tonight. :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back