Do you like your SO/DH's family?

No. They're messy, jealous, and like to cause trouble. I try my best not to go around them. There's always a fight or argument when they get together.

I don't like my husband's new founded sisters (they have the same father). He found them Facebook and we just don't get along. I've known him and his maternal sister for 13 years and the one new sister makes it seem as though they were here from the start. We went to her house last weekend and we ended up leaving disgusted (him, his maternal sister and I). I was very nice and having a good time. The whole night his sisters 20 year old daughter kept saying, "but we don't even like her." And saying all these nasty things and would come back to say I'm just joking and why are you in your feelings (it went on and on). To the point the mother (his paternal sister), called me the next day to apologize. All while trying to tell me she has no idea why her daughter said those things. Lastly that was only yhe 3rd time I saw her daughter in person in the last two years. Which to me says she got this from her mother.

Sorry for the long story.

I find them alright.

I'm not ultra close to them, or distant either.

Luckily they are very laid back. They don't interfere, they aren't nosey, or gossipy etc..

Most are nice. I like them but I don't interact with them a lot. They are a lil more country than my family.

Nope, not really. I just tolerate them. My DH's dad, uncle and brothers are cool....his mom and his sisters, I could do without :ohwell:

I enjoy being around his siblings (I worked with his sister a few years before meeting him) but I'm not too crazy about his dad and stepmother.

I used to be ok with his mother until she told his father things that I said about him from a private conversation I had with her. I also didn't like the tone she would use with me at times. I'm glad she doesn't live in this state.

I loved them and they loved me!
Made it harder to walk away! Especially since his parents still reach out and the mother is forever sending out group emails that I'm on.

I find them alright.

I'm not ultra close to them, or distant either.

Luckily they are very laid back. They don't interfere, they aren't nosey, or gossipy etc..

Same here. I only know them on a superficial level but they are nice people.

My Husband is an only child… nuff said on my mother in law:nono:. As for the rest of his family, they think I think I am white because I speak with intelligence. Than God we live far far from them!

I like my husband's family, with the exception of his brother. But I hardly ever see him, thank goodness.

Yup! Sometimes I like his family more than him O_o but only because I'm narcissistic at times. They share a lot of the same qualities as Me. They're loud, funny, sarcastic, competitive, and smart lol. Two of his nieces are spending the night as we speak. Love them!

DH's family is really great. I had to warm up to them, though. :lol: Now I enjoy spending time with them. His parents are very supportive and treat me like their own. I honestly feel like I have a second set of parents. DH's sister is super cool and fun to hang out with.

I love them all except his mom. She's sooo passive aggressive and i even deleted her from my FB at one point. Sometimes, his dad asks when she starts talking crazy to me "what is wrong with you? are you kidding me?!!" it cracks me up that his wife of 30 yrs still baffles him.
His grandparents, cousin everyone else are awesomeeeeee.

We're not close but I have no bad feelings about them. My hubs grew up in a broken family. One of those these are your kids these are my kids situation. So their not close . There's no animosity but everyone kinda stays to themselves. However, when an emergency comes up they band together. 1 of my sil's is even more distant cause she's rich, married to a famous Baller. So I assume she's afraid we'll ask her for something which we never have & never will.

Back