For The Married Ladies And Ones With SO's.....

my sister in law is cool peeps. a little nutty sometimes, wanna be all up in ya bidness, but when it comes to me...she pumps da breaks cuz she know i ain't havin it. all in all, she's ok.

now my other brother....his wife or whateva ....she can go n kick rocks. im not a phony type person so i can't fake it til i make it n try to be all nice n chummy chummy when i see her. she ALWAYS speaks first and i just be like wassup. das it n das all.

I do agree it depends on the relationship you have with them/her, so I see your point OP.

My hubby doesn't have sisters but in my previous relationships, I did get along with the sisters of my SOs and even keep in touch with one of them today whom back when I used to be a party animal I went to the club with a couple of times. I guess if the rlp goes beyond acquaintance to friend (coz you guys just click), then it can be fun to hang out. Otherwise I'd put her in the same file as many of my colleagues: OK to be around but not to spend my time off with.

I kick it with my SIL( my bro's wife). We are similar women, she was in my bridal party. My dh's sisters I hang out with at family gatherings, but we don't hang out. I'm way too damn snobby regarding the things I like to do. :look:

My future SIL lives about 4 hours away, but when we are in town I will go shopping with her and have alone time with her at my fiance's parent's house, just catching up. When I'm not in town we email/text maybe once every 1-2 weeks. I like her a lot, but if I was living in the same city not sure that she'd be my road dog like that - but I assume I'd hang with her on a somewhat regular basis. (shopping, out to eat, dance classes, etc.)

She is older than us (about 4 years) and is settled down - married with two kids. So she would not bring up clubbing or any other activity that I'm just not into.

Back