Do yall think this is her hair? It's natural and it seems to be 4b

ellebelle88

I'm in love with this girls hair. I think it is a 4b, but I'm not sure because I always get the hair typing thing WRONG. :perplexed But I was just going on an on about how beautiful this girl's hair is to my friend and how she is my motivation to go natural and my friend was like she doesn't think it's her hair. HUH??? :huh: She said that the top seems unnatural and the fact that she has that little hump in the front gives it away. Seems natural to me and the girl is gorge!!! Absolutely fly and beautiful. :yep: She's the one on the left in all of the photos, the one with the natural hair texture :lick:

[images deleted]

Last edited:
Her hair is drop dead georgeous.
There is a hump but she can get that by styling technique.

Pokahontas, I'm always amazed at how humble you are. You have one of the most beautiful natural head of hair that I have ever seen :love3:, yet you continuously compliment and help others. You're my LHCF idol! :worship2:

Last edited:
It looks very nice, but it looks as though her curls are too uniform throughout her head. Usually there is some variation. But I'm horrible at weave guessing...

I agree it looks like a halfwig, esp because she has it style with the hump in exactly the same place. It's cute though, think the hair is 4a..

I could see it being a half wig. Real or not, it could use a good 1/2 inch or 1 inch trim. Or maybe just a good detangling session. I'd have my hands in my hair all day getting rid of those knots on the end lol.

It is definitely not 4b though. Curls are too big and loose.

hmmm it looks fab! shes very pretty and I suck at hair typing so I'm just gonna say it 'could' be hers.. or a 1/2 wig :yep: yes Alex.. THAT is my final answer :)

Roots do not match the hair and you can tell by the ends of the hair. I see the ends look like that on kinky twist hair when it sheds. On the right side (close to the other girl) you can see the knot. That only happens with synthetic or weave hair.

Finally, something I know something about :-) I've worn weaves off and on since I was 14, so I've gotten quite good at spotting fakes lol......

It's DEFINITELY a weave. Her root texture (in the front) does not exactly match the strands texture. From her roots she appears to be a 4b naturally, but the hair does look to be 4a.

Pretty girl though, and cute hair. I may have to steal it for my next install while I'm growing out my TWA!

This is what the hair looks like:

MissNatural

http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page43.html

mysideview-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/alotofstrands/halleys-curl-natural/my-side-view.html#media

Last edited:
well let me say, when i was natural i always had a big hump in front from the poof of my hair, ihad really big hair! and everyone thought it was a half wig or that i added pieces. I THINK that her hair IS REAL. just that some people always want to believe that a black girl is wearing a piece. *shrugs*

What hair? I want her boots!
hairbritt2.jpg

LOL Boston, they are called Ice Blue by Nine West and are last season but check Amazon...I bought them last year and they are sooo cute with skinny jeans! :grin:

But back to the topic, real or fake it is gorgeous...I need to find some hair like that ASAP

Last edited:
Awww man y'all think its a wig? It looks so real to me, IDK. Either way, her hair is beautiful :yep:

That halley's curls wig looks :lick:

well let me say, when i was natural i always had a big hump in front from the poof of my hair

Me, too. Areas on my head vary in density and I often have a bump in the front left side.

IDK but her roots don't match the length

I don't know, either, but neither do mine if I do a twist out. If she is a 4b, that look would be had by doing a twist out on small twists. That will also create uniformity in the size of the "curl", something someone mentioned in another post.

This is an example. Compare my roots to the rest of my hair.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/hair - part 2/cuffside.jpg

It could definitely be fake hair. I don't know much about fake hair. But I think real hair could look like that.

Last edited:
The front strip of my hair is a different texture (Heck I have different textures all over). It could also be different from manipulation. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Just because it looks like it could be weave does not make it so.

That's my friend Brittney!! I think she is going natural but that's not her hair- I'll ask her the details and be back later with the particulars

ljbee do you go to USC?? I remember you saying you were from SC once...

Last edited:
Back