Do yall think this is her hair? It's natural and it seems to be 4b

That's my friend Brittney!! I think she is going natural but that's not her hair- I'll ask her the details and be back later with the particulars

ljbee do you go to USC?? I remember you saying you were from SC once...

OMG!! Pretty please come back with some details soon. The hair looks GREAT on her...and will hopefully look good on me too :yep:

4b hair ha!!! I don't think so

I deleted her pictures. She's a soror, and for some reason I didn't wanna risk offending her if she ever did stumble across this forum since I didn't ask permission to post her pics.

But I'm curious, if she's not 4b then what is her hair type? I thought that's how 4b hair looked! For anyone that wants to see her picture, you can visit: http://thethreedolls.blogspot.com/p/current-events.html

She's the one in the left and with the natural hair in all of the photos.

well let me say, when i was natural i always had a big hump in front from the poof of my hair, ihad really big hair! and everyone thought it was a half wig or that i added pieces. I THINK that her hair IS REAL. just that some people always want to believe that a black girl is wearing a piece. *shrugs*

I don't always think a black girl is wearing a piece. But I've always had a talent for hairpiece spotting, and also if you take up wigmaking as a hobby and have a habit of browsing the leading hair seller websites you know all the types of hair by pattern and name. :)

I deleted her pictures. She's a soror, and for some reason I didn't wanna risk offending her if she ever did stumble across this forum since I didn't ask permission to post her pics.

But I'm curious, if she's not 4b then what is her hair type? I thought that's how 4b hair looked! For anyone that wants to see her picture, you can visit: http://thethreedolls.blogspot.com/p/current-events.html

She's the one in the left and with the natural hair in all of the photos.

See the 4B pic thread :look:

I guess it's because I've spent so many years online looking at a million different heads... it was kinda obvious to me that hair was not growing out of anyone's scalp that way. I don't think there's a point to typing hair weaves because the hair is MADE in a machine or by hand or treated in some decidedly unnatural manner, usually by people who know nothing about black natural hair, which often gives the appearance of "types" of hair that don't really exist. I guess 4b can look like that if it was some type of set on a twist-out, but hers is way too uniform throughout, and the hang looks unnatural coming from the roots like that. Trying to imitate 4b is often an exercise in failure, IMHO. :look: As far as kinky weaves, I do think Ediese's (sp?) is rather convincing though. :yep:

See the 4B pic thread :look:

I guess it's because I've spent so many years online looking at a million different heads... it was kinda obvious to me that hair was not growing out of anyone's scalp that way. I don't think there's a point to typing hair weaves because the hair is MADE in a machine or by hand or treated in some decidedly unnatural manner, usually by people who know nothing about black natural hair, which often gives the appearance of "types" of hair that don't really exist. I guess 4b can look like that if it was some type of set on a twist-out, but hers is way too uniform throughout, and the hang looks unnatural coming from the roots like that. Trying to imitate 4b is often an exercise in failure, IMHO. :look: As far as kinky weaves, I do think Ediese's (sp?) is rather convincing though. :yep:

I have seen some very good simulations. They don't just make hair at random in factories - they create textures in response to demand - or if they are dealing with a retailer over here then some textures are custom created as per what is ordered. There are always popular textures. For example yaki straight used to be the big thing - now curly is what's selling like hot cakes. I have 4b natural weave hair that is very believable. This surprised me but it also tells me that the manufacturer probably had a sample of 4b hair that they used as the basis for this product.

Back