Do broke couples deserve a getaway?

Innocent_Kiss

I don't know where to start. What's your idea of an affordable, but nice out of town getaway? I don't even know what part of the country to look at. Weather doesn't matter. Please help me! I NEED a vacation!

If you are broke, have you considered you and your SO taking a nice weekend away from home, but in your local area?

Find a quaint little Bed and Breakfast Inn, discover some different sites around town that you may have never been to before, or even take a few dollars and do a couple's spa day followed by a nice candle lit dinner somewhere?

When my fiance and I are lacking funds and need a break together, we travel our state and surrounding areas for a weekend, visiting festivals, going to concerts, and just viewing different scenery. Read newspapers and articles to see what is going on in your state and surrounding states.

Depending on your budget,this can be within reach.:yep:

ABSOLUTELY! You deserve a getaway! Everyone does! Take a couple hundred dollars, take your sweetie, and try something that you have never done before like hiking, rafting, visiting museums, etc. You can even get a hotel for the low on some last minute websites. Have you ever been to the Wisconsin Dells? How about the smokey mountians? Or Canada? Somewhere within a 4 hour drive would be best, so all of your money/time isn't spent on gas or airfare. Take a break, have a good time, just GOOO honey! And take lots of pictures and be sure to report back :grin:

I don't know where to start. What's your idea of an affordable, but nice out of town getaway? I don't even know what part of the country to look at. Weather doesn't matter. Please help me! I NEED a vacation!

What's your budget?

I don't know if this would be something you're interested in...:look: but my sister gets these things from smartcircle all the time...

http://www.smartcircle.com/ziplookup.aspx?Zip=60130&Radius=35&CategoryID=7

I think they try to sell you a time share or something when you get there but you don't have to pay for it...you just have to sit through the 1.5 hour lecture and then the rest of the weekend is yours. She saves a lot of money doing that and it's legit because I got a golf package for my SO last year and he had two days at one of his favorite courses (just had to listen to an hour long speech) lol...then they gave him a visa gift card with 100 on it after that as well.

It was pretty cool, he said.

Anyway, just a htought.

Otherwise, I'd suggest making a vacation money pot and stuffing funds in there until you can pay for it up front without a lot of worry.

Last edited:
Back