Disobeying the LHCF hair police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use cheap products as my staples.

I tried co-washing and hated it. It only caused build-up.

I don't stretch.

I stop ps and it hasn't caused me any damage.

I don't pre-poo or dc.

I guess I do the same things I did before this site, except I added pre pooing which I learned from this site.
since in early 2009 I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid I had to really do alot of deep conditioning and protein treatments because the thyroid made my hair weird.

but normally I never deep conditioned and my hair grew healthy. rarely did protein treatments.

I do like sulfates, my scalp needs to be cleaned if not it smells and no I don't have scalp fungus.

I personally don't like products with mineral oils because it makes my hair feel like carpet, I heart cones I like the ease of the comb going through my hair with the assistance of cones.

I like the blowdryer I just converted to rollersets though, but I just use the blowdryer on lower heat and speed.

there's other things but I think the scroll I typed was long enough :)

YES!!!:yep: I just now realized this!!:look:

I don't follow the rules either:

- I only wash every 2 -3 weeks.

- I comb my hair once a day when it is straight

- I comb when wet (how else am I gonna detail all thee curls)

- I don't redo the front of my braids every few weeks. I keep them in the whole time then take them all down then.

- I did a BC because I wanted to try short hair and to cut out my hair color & not because my hair was damaged or to go natural. The past two years is the first time my hair has been above BSL.

- I have straightened my hair 2 -4 times a month.

And a whole lot of other "bad" stuff that I can't think of right now. I think you just have to do what works for your hair.

Thou Shall avoid mineral oil at all costs
Coconut Oil is the Oil of all Oils

I use silcon mix. It has mineral oil in it, but I love how soft and moist it leaves my hair
Coconut oil just sits on my hair. Doesn't do too much for it.

-use heat weekly
-don't deep condition if im feeling lazy
-haven't used a scarf since i've been wearing my hair up
-don't have silk pillows
-comb and brush hair everyday
-let my hair brush up against my clothes

i don't use heat protection when i flat iron (which i do rarely)
didn't deep condition after the aphogee 2 step (just didn't need to)
i overkill on the moisture side of the moisture/protein balance
i'm an oil junkie- i prepoo, then wash out with my homemade shampoo that also contains oils, only to add more oil when my hair dries... oil is my moisturizer, not sealant :grin:
i clarify a few times a year- probably will clarify only once this year (b4 a flat iron) when i go to the salon for a trim.
i don't wear a satin hat every night- only if i'm trying to preserve my braids/cornrows

I'm wearing my hair out more this year. I follow most of the rules but I look better with my hair down. We'll see a year from now if this will cost me hair.

I am a natural and I use protein every time I wash. I am guessing it is a medium protein. My hair has been thriving. It thrived as well when I did not let it airdry.

My hair does not like coconut oil or shea butter. My skin does, luckily!

My hands are always in my hair.

I do not want to take progress pictures.

I do not mind using sulfates, non-organic ingredients, or parabens in my head.

I like using (internal) growth aids. I believe they make up for what I am not getting through my lifestyle, to a degree. I am not perfect.

While relaxed, I broke most of the rules. From pixie -> full BSB
  • used direct heat every 5-7 days
  • used silicone, mineral oil
  • used synthetic ingredients
  • never co-washed
  • used sulfate shampoo
  • cut my hair for aesthetics
  • trimmed at least every 8 weeks
  • never baggied
  • rinsed my hair darker frequently. I still miss my coffee bean. :sad:
As a natural I avoid most of the above crimes.
I don't avoid protein.
As a transitioner, I never did the BC (wait, that might be an infraction on another site)

• I don't understand the protein balance thing.
  • I don't prepoo
  • I don't detangle from ends to root. I forget when I comb my hair and start from the scalp.
  • I sometimes forget to dc. I enjoy it and it gives good results but time is of essence.
  • I get embarrassed by my lack of regimen. When people ask me, I feel inadequate.
  • I don't co-wash. I haven't found anything with as much slip as my CON (old version).
  • I really try to keep my scarf on at night. My night always starts with it on - I think my head is too big! LOL
  • I do protective style but I never knew that's what I did before I came here. I always thought I was lazy. I wear my hair up most of the time because I am lazy, tired, and an incompentent hairstyler.
and the biggest sin that I have tried to give up but am addicted....

I LOVE MY BRUSH :love:. I brush. Kill me.

• I brush and comb while wet, ..Infact it's the only time My hair will ever see a comb and or brush

• I wear my hair out..only time I protective anything is when It's winter time and only because it's 2 cold for wash n go's and I dont feel like getting sick
  • Protien:look: uhh yeah dont see 2 much of that
  • I could care less about PrePoo'n..
  • Cones are my friends
  • I have a satin pillowcase however I throw the pillow across the bed and sleep on the cotton one..
  • Whenever I use a clarifyin poo..I lather twice
  • I dont put my hair up in a pineapple or anything, I slap a bonnet on and let it get smashed..
  • My hands stay in my hair

*shrugs* oh well..

I looove shampoo! I've tried to only lather once, but it just ain't enough
Mineral oil, petroleum, cones, and sulfates are my homies
I don't do cheapie conditioners
Sometimes I sleep without my scarf
I don't DC every week

I didn't know that there were LHCF police just those with strong opinions...
But if they do exist, I do use products that contain mineral oil, petroleum & a cone occasionally. This might get me a citation:ohwell:

First let me say that this thread is CRACKING ME UP!:rofl:

I think we all have don't but are so afriad that we will be punished for them. So here's my list:

- I don't own a silk scarf, nor do i have a silk pillowcase.

- Lathering more than once makes me feel complete

- I very rarely PS, mostly because I LOVE TO FEEL MY HAIR! I didn't cut all my hair off so I can wear a wig everyday!

- I DON'T JOIN CHALLANGES!!!!! I think they are a little obsessive:saythat:

- I love products with cones

- I don't sit under the dryer when I DC because i get hot:burning:

- I don't have a set in stone reggie

- I use any conditioners/shampoos that are closest to me when i'm in the shower

WHEW!!!!

I don't henna.
I don't have a hair inspiration.
I use bobby pins.
I don't self relax. I pay £45 for my stylist to relax (I'd rather pay a lot than lose my hair).
I may go back to getting my stylist to trim because I tried doing it myself and got a bit scissor happy. It's a bit uneven but not too noticable.

This thread is pretty funny. I feel better knowing I'm not alone. I love straight hair, but I have like 5-6 inches of new growth, so my sins are:

#1: I blow dry and flat iron once a month.
#2: I use Silk Infusion and Skinny Serum when I do #1.
#3: I have tried many sprays and mists to maintain my style after doing #1 & 2.
#4: Try as I might, a scarf will NOT stay on at night after #1, 2, and 3.

I love cones!

Oh, and I just don't have the time or patience to detangle gently. sorry!

Last edited:
I don't henna.
I don't have a hair inspiration.
I use bobby pins.
I don't self relax. I pay £45 for my stylist to relax (I'd rather pay a lot than lose my hair).
I may go back to getting my stylist to trim because I tried doing it myself and got a bit scissor happy. It's a bit uneven but not too noticable.

That's me too. I pay $65 for touchups, and I let her give me trims too. :sekret:

I secretly enjoy getting weave checked and then get even more pleasure explaining that this is my real hair.
*in my phony American accent* Girl please, don't act like you don't secretly smile on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back