Disobeying the LHCF hair police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely one of those threads that if you try to do things that other people are doing and not listen to your own hair, it will not work.

-I baggie my ends almost daily despite what other people think
-I don't apply oil to my scalp, as a matter of fact I don't apply anything to my scalp
-I don't brush my hair, and haven't in over 2 yrs
-I don't trim, and haven't had a real trim in over 2 yrs
-I don't henna, and most likely never will.
-I have to comb my hair after each wash, or co-wash

I don't prepoo
I use shampoo

thats about it! hahaha. I try not to break any of the rules because I want to get to APL! Once i've gotten there I can be all cavalier and become a criminal lol

Hey,

Have you noticed that LHCF seems to have certain 'laws' in order to gain long/healthy hair. I follow some of these so called laws.... HOWEVER, I break some :cool2:
So I'm starting this thread to find out the hair sins that you commit. This is light hearted fun so no bashing of others because of their hair sins, no calling people out and no comparing yourself to other people (e.g. "I don't know why 'so & so' does this, it's boring. Doing what I do is so much better")
This about YOU and YOUR hair sins.

Here are some of mine:

• I comb my hair everyday.
  • I lather more than once.
  • I don't co-wash. Never have, never will.
  • I'm not a fan of protective styling. I never did protective styling until winter came because I was fed up of the constant wind and cold getting in my hair and drying it out. But when the weather gets better, the hair is coming back out.
  • I don't strecth relaxers longer than 12 weeks.
If I remember more, I'll add them. Hope the LHCF police don't arrest me. :badcop:

I like your regie because it's so basic. Sometimes, you just gotta do what works for you.

I comb my hair everyday, always will.

I comb and brush hair while wet.

I cowash daily because I exercise daily.

I don't baggy. Between the noise from the bag and my sweaty itchy head from the moisture, I wouldn't get any sleep. I tried it once, scratched a hole in the bag and my pillow was damp.

I don't prepoo. Tried it once, didn't see a difference to keep doing it.

I don't trim often.

I will use brown ampro gel mixed with water.

These are my crimes
1. I don't pre poo anymore because I'm lazy.
2. I will only dc for 20 minutes and not a minute more under my dryer.
3. I use protein constantly.
4. Sometimes I forget to moisturize my hair before bedtime.
5. I do not cowash. It's pointless to me.
6. I don't want to be natural. I actually like my relaxed hair.
7. My hair looooves cones and I use them.
8. I use shampoo with sulfates.

*I can't keep my hand outta my hair
*sometimes when my hair is in its natural state I fall asleep without a scarf
*I snap off one strand knots sometimes and pull hair out by the root if the strand dosent feel "smooth"

hmmm...

i poo twice more times than not, and sometimes more than just my scalp :ohno:
i don't really protective style, just low manipulation
i do NOT cowash. i hate it. shampoo only for me.

that's all for now...

I don't pre-poo
I don't air-dry
I wear my hair out
I use shampoos w/ sulfates
I use products w/ cones
I use heat
I use whatever works for my hair and I don't jump on bandwagons
I don't know what my hair type is
I use vitapointe (old school) and I believe it has mineral oil in it

Hey,

[*]I don't co-wash. Never have, never will.

nooooooo. haha

I have used sulfate shampoos the past month. :look: but I am switching over to SF as the garnier poo has been starting to make my hair hard.

And i don't deep condition. Co-washing twice a week and using leave ins is enough for me.

Last edited:
So happy to see this thread.
I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders.:yep:

I use heat - with comb :blush:, whenever i want
I dont moisturise daily,
I use sulfates
I use cones
I moisturize with some mineral oil based products and my hair still thrives!

I rarely co wash anymore. I did initially but now I like the trader joe's shampoo.

I don't comb from the bottom up. In fact I detangle with a small comb sometimes.

But to be honest, I don't think anyone on here has ever "bashed" others for having things they think is "bad" in someone's hair regimen. Some ppl like the results of mineral oil and some don't. I don't think they are "Sins" I just think people offer helpful suggestions.

In general, most people offer helpful suggestions, but some people do bash you if they don't approve of some of your hair practices. I may get stoned, but that is just the honest truth. :ohwell:

Btw, I'm not posting any crimes. I never admit to anything unless I get caught. And even then I may deny, deny, deny. :lachen: Just kidding... I do try to be pretty good with following my regimen though. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back