Disobeying the LHCF hair police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well
I don't prepoo
I don't cowash
I don't oil my scalp
I lather more than once(never knew u were not suppose to, I must have missed those threads...lol)
I use products with cones, mineral oil and petroleum with every wash
I don't moisturize at all when I wear my hair down(its too fine/thin for any products)
I comb every day(twice) unless in braids under a wig
I used a comb attachment on my blowdryer
I wear weaves and lacewigs for protective styles

Last edited:
I rarely deep condition anymore
I never co wash
I clarify every wash ( Haven't done since I BKTed though)
I use the "stinky" Darbur Amla oil that has mineral oil in it as a 1 day pre poo!

Go ahead....lock me up! :lachen:

Oh, I forgot that the coconut oil that many consider the holy grail out of all the oils does NOTHING for my hair! I don't use it at all!

Last edited:
I dont trim and my hair is doing just fine. No, I dont have gorgeous blunt ends but my hair is growing just fine and I dont see any split ends. Imagine that.

I shampoo daily.

I now comb daily.

I don't DC with heat.

I no longer use moisturizer.

I love cones and they love me.

I clarify whenever I feel the need.

I will sleep in a shower cap when I so desire.

I have feeling I may give up DCs (working on a way to use them a co-wash product sans build up).

Eep! I'm a baa-ad lil' lamb.

I pull out ssk and I will use any pair of scissors that are around. I have used my scissors at work and my kids round end scissors to cut them out.
********leaves thread holding head down in shame*************:sad:

i dont trim my ends often...their healthy....i dont like blunt ends--

i dont wash my hair as often as i should---lol--long 4a hair takes forever to dry i dont care what kinda dryer u have lol

i dont seal....dont bun--if u see me in a bun take a pic--cuz thats once in a blue-blue!!!

i use heat with every wash... blow dry and flat iron:blush:

i wear my hair down every day

i dont stretch past 12-13 weeks

i use shampoo with sulfates every single wash (weekly)

i hate CO washing, airdrying in any form, and rollersetting. I was "raised" to rollerset too:look:

I trim my hair regularly

Nowadays, so do I. I've only been using the herbal shampoo for my edges. I have to detangle on dry hair (w/ my leave-in and oil) b/c it's too much manipulation on wet hair & I must clarify to remove the build-up.

*I blow dry my hair after every was except for when I'm lazy.

*once I relaxed my hair less than six weeks apart

*when I'm trying to get my hair striaght I don't care how much heat I put on it

*i don't moisturize often

Guilty as charged too!!! :blush: That "one pass" thing doesnt cut it for me especially w/ 3 inches of NG to fight with...

I <3 cones,
I </3 co washing
Never detangle from top to bottom
and I too am guilty of using way too much conditioner
oh and I like blunt ends, I am trying to be less sicssor happy, but its hard..

I will never again wash my hair more than once every 2 weeks now that I am natural. God has yet made enough hours in the day for me to deal with doing anything more than that.

I never moisturize.
I use heat like its going out of style.
I shampoo twice(with sulfate shampoo).
...and my hair is still healthy

My sentiments exactly, thanks for starting that CT. Even though i'm on a "personal" no heat usage this year I am not against using heat if used correctly.

I def lather more than once.

I like to wear my hair out and i like to play in it a lot - new growth and relaxed ends.

To the bolded i have never seen a dime so is that a 10p amount 5p amount?? :perplexed All i know is put as much as is needed!

A Dime is the same size as a 5p coin. I need a glob of conditioner too...

This thread is making me wanna bust out my flat iron on high heat before my personal no heat challenge is up...

Okay I'll bite too:
1) I use heat 3-4x a month (though this year I'm down to 2x a month so far...Oh it's only January 19th! :blush:)
2) I don't pre-poo.
3) I still can't tell if I need moisture or protein.
4) I forget to moisturize daily.
5) I like my hair down or in a ponytail
6) I subconciously touch my hair through out the day.
Wait! There's probably more... I'll be back
ETA: 7) I don't use coconut oil and like hair lotions

I play in my hair a lot especially if I have lots of ng.
I dont co wash.
I dont pre poo anymore.
I dont seal my moisturizer some days but most times I do.
I dont air dry. It makes my hair feel hard and crispy, then it starts to break. I sit under a hooded dryer.

I lather twice
I comb my hair everyday (my hair would kick my butt if I didn't)
Sometimes I forget to seal
I never knew that was a no no. I always have to lather twice because it doesn't foam unless I do it twice. That's with any shampoo (maybe it's the hard water?).

I detangle after I DC.
So do I.

No prepoo
Love me some Softee Indian Hemp or Johnson Green Grease on my scalp
Mmmmm, sulfates :drool:
Threw my denman away for a rat tail comb
I love Queen Helen Cholesterol (has mineral oil)
I've thrown away really expensive products Oyin :blush:because they weren't working not the only one fyi

:lachen: You guys are bad... decisions decisions...

Nah, I'm joking. If you're on a no heat challenge, don't be a bad girl :cool2:

Ermm... aren't you supposed to detangle after you DC? If not, what are you supposed to do then? PM me please.

Then I guess another bad thing I do is detangle after DCing. I didn't even know I was being bad.... I'm a natural :badgirl:

Yea Ive committed so many hair crimes the hair police wasnt having it. They took me to court and I almost got sentenced to a big chop back to shoulder length.:blush: The judge was lenient and sentenced me to 18 months of crown and glory and strict "regiment" but, I may get time off for good behavior next month IF I decide to relax... :look:

Let's see:

- I don't DC and protein treat regularly; only after a texlax touchup...4 times a year. I've never really got into the whole protein-moisture balance thing.:ohwell:
- When I do DC, I slap it on, let it sit for about 15 minutes with no heat, then rinse. I don't have time (nor the desire) to spend hours doing my hair.
- I don't prepoo or baggy or do search & destroy.
- I use products with cones and mineral oil, shampoo with sulfates and "regular" combs (no seamless or bone)
- I haven't trimmed in almost a year.
- I spent the whole winter with minimal PSing and currently thinking about giving it up for the rest of the year :sekret: 'cuz I REALLY enjoyed it :gorgeous:. My hair is doing just fine...closing in on WL! :grin:

- i use grease on my scalp and ends
- if i take some cornrows down, i will comb on dry hair just to see how it looks.

I'm a fugative on the run cause
* I shampoo once a week (usually) and I lather twice
* I don't comb often, when I do it's on dry hair and I don't comb all the way to the roots
* I have a few products with mineral oil
* I use rubber bands and a finetooth comb on my daughter
* I rarely cowash
* silicones are very nice
* I don't oil my scalp (It makes it itch)
* I let my husband and daughter play in my hair as they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back