DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

Every Sunday I deep condition. This Sunday I put on Lush's Jasmine Fluff Ease and left it on for 8 hours (1 hour with heat cap). Conditioner wash it out. It has a strong jasmine scent that I can still smell. I didn't have to use a leave in. :grin:

I found the new topic,yayyyyyyyyyyy :drunk::drunk::drunk: , Hey Aggie, ladies I have been so busy the past couple weeks, but I still been DC, just checking in with you ladies, my next DC I will use Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Conditioner.:lick:

That's great that you found it DDP. I am travelling right now and haven't been able to post anything since Friday and I will be limited in how much I can post for about 5 weeks but I will try to post as frequently as I can until then.

I haven't read all the post as yet so I will do that right now while I have some time:yep:.

I will just finish up the small bottle that I have and not finish buy this stuff anymore. So what is equal to the 2 step minus the stickiness?
I haven't tried it yet, but I believe Nexxus Emergencee is similar and so is Remedee I think.

I relaxed my hair with silk elements regular lye then used aphogee 2 min before neutralizing. Then I DC'd with a mix of GVP conditioning balm, shea butter cholesterol, coconut oil and olive oil. Here are my results...

perm.jpg

Picture11.jpg

I gatta say, your hair is lookin' good future. Keep it up.

Hey ladies,
Im a little late but this is what i have done

FEB 11-garlic shampoo and conditioner
~cholestrol wit an egg, avocado and grapeseed oil for 30 mins
~ garlic conditioner again for 5 mins
~result: my hair was super soft. I love the result.

Feb 14-Pre poo wit avocado butter, avocado, castor,coconut oil. Rinse out 9 hours lata.
~lightly shampoo wit garlic shampoo follow by a garlic conditioner.
~result: my hair is in love
Congrats on your great results J Glazin.

When I saw the other thread was closed I freaked out. I'm so glad this one is a continuation. Aggie, thanks so much for starting a new thread.

So anyway I bought an aloe vera leaf today at the bodega. I brought it home and chopped it up. Why does it stink like armpit? LOL I have a bottle of aloe vera juice and gel, but I wanted to do it old school and just buy the real plant. I mixed it up with my La Plancha conditioner, grapeseed oil, sheabutter, Burt's Bees deep conditioner, and I mixed it up in the blender because I didn't like the booger consistency. It came out whipped and it felt really good in my hair. I left it on my hair for one hour and I'm under the dryer right now trying to get my rollerset hair done. I'm going to take out the rollers and leave it in a ponytail. I really liked how my rollerset came out last week when I didn't use the flatiron. I'll snap a picture tomorrow if its worthy of posting.

:lachen:, This is too funny BM and you're quite welcomed. By the way, that baby in your siggy is just too cute. What exactly was on her mind anyway:grin:?

I DCed overnight with ORS hair mayo and now I am walking around with a mix of coconut milk and lime on my head.

I don't know if I did it right because it is dripping like crazy:ohwell: HELP...anyone?????????:look:

Applied MT to dry hair with my ayurvedic oil, left for 5 hours while I slept after a night at work, rinsed out and co-washed. I need a moisture DC next time....

ETA: So good to see you around Aggie, hope you're having a fab time away!

Last edited:
I'm trying to use up some of my pj stash, so I mixed up a concoction of Horsetail, Nettle, Shikakai, (powders) with ORS replenishing pack, Jason's Natural Biotin cond., Silicone Mix, NTM, and TJ Nourish Spa.

Dc'ing right now on dry hair with
1/2 avocado
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp evoo
I'm hungry!:lick:

DC'ing for at least an hour with SitriNillah and Lustrasilk Mango & Shea.
Following up with WEN Fig/Moist 24/7.
Airdrying.

I have small individual braids (not micros but darn-well near; I hate taking them down- uggh!). Has anyone tried DC with braids in? Did you notice a difference from doing the DC?

Deep conditioned on dry hair no heat with GVP Conditioning Balm+Suave Coconut Conditioner+Aussie Moist+Avocado Butter+Camellia Seed Oil+Honey+Castor Oil
Shampooed with GVP Extra Gentle twice
Then quickie conditioned with VO5 Free me freesia

I love Dc'ing on dry hair with no heat then shampooing..much easier to comb, for real! I feel like i can stretch so much longer!!

I deep conditioned with MoroccanOil Intense Hydrating Mask. I had it in for about 6 hours. It left my hair soft, smooth and managable. This is going to be a staple deep treatment for me.

Checking in. I have been keeping up with my deep condition, have been doing it every other day but now I have cut down to once a week since I now have braids in my hair and would love to try and keep them in for 2 months.

:lachen:, This is too funny BM and you're quite welcomed. By the way, that baby in your siggy is just too cute. What exactly was on her mind anyway:grin:?

I have no idea! Probably evil thoughts! LOL If you look at her funny she gives you the dirtiest looks. She must get it from her momma LOL and not me. Probably doesn't help that I laugh when she does it.
:lachen:

Applied MT to dry hair with my ayurvedic oil, left for 5 hours while I slept after a night at work, rinsed out and co-washed. I need a moisture DC next time....

ETA: So good to see you around Aggie, hope you're having a fab time away!

I'm with my boyfreind for a few weeks so yeah:yep:, I'm having a great time except for the weather - it's freezing down here in Nebraska.

ETA: I just read your reason for editing your last post to me. Thank you, that was so sweet and so I will return the love.

Last edited:
I have small individual braids (not micros but darn-well near; I hate taking them down- uggh!). Has anyone tried DC with braids in? Did you notice a difference from doing the DC?

I've done DCs with extension braids but I always diluted the DC with water and poured it over my braids and left if on for a few hours then go wash it out under the shower. My braided hair kept soft the whole time and take down was pretty easy.

Hey y'all! Here's my update:

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
6) Jan. 30 - Coconut Milk + EVOO + Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours.
7) Feb. 7 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
8) Feb. 8 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
9) (:heart2:Valentine's Day :heart2:) Feb. 14 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
10) Feb. 16 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 5 minutes

me~:rolleyes:

Prepooed with combo of AO HSR with a little AO GPB...shampooed followed up with PM Super Strong Treatment for 1-3 minutes while in shower...

DCed on Sunday with Nature's Therapy and Suave as a base. Used a shower cap for several hours as I did chores around the house.

I deep conditioned with MoroccanOil Intense Hydrating Mask. I had it in for about 6 hours. It left my hair soft, smooth and managable. This is going to be a staple deep treatment for me.

While I need more deep conditioners like a need a hole in my head, I was reading about this one just yesterday. I think I may have to give it a try. This challenge needs to last a long time, so I can use all of the deep conditioners and hair masks I've purchased.

The good thing is, I'm having a great time deep conditioning my hair and alternate between steam and under the dryer. Tonight I had work to do, so I'm using the Alterna Seasilk with a plastic cap and a hat to generate heat.

Dcing with Shescentit's Fortifying Masque. 1 hour with and 1 hour w/o heat. I got a sample so it was hard squeezing as much as I wanted out of the little bitty bottle.

While I need more deep conditioners like a need a hole in my head, I was reading about this one just yesterday. I think I may have to give it a try. This challenge needs to last a long time, so I can use all of the deep conditioners and hair masks I've purchased.

The good thing is, I'm having a great time deep conditioning my hair and alternate between steam and under the dryer. Tonight I had work to do, so I'm using the Alterna Seasilk with a plastic cap and a hat to generate heat.

Trust me, this conditioner is very, very good. I have tried a lot of products and I have tried a number of Alterna products and this is way better. The ingredients are simple but it is really a superior product-In my opinion. I have a review in my Fotki.

Back