DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

ive been slackin I only DCed once last week and I havent at all this week:( Anywho just recieved my steamer Monday, have yet to set it up but I will DC tonight when I get off work:)

I'm with my boyfreind for a few weeks so yeah:yep:, I'm having a great time except for the weather - it's freezing down here in Nebraska.

ETA: I just read your reason for editing your last post to me. Thank you, that was so sweet and so I will return the love.

Oh, the cold! I presume your hair's well protected, huh? Make him keep you warm girl! And you're welcome... thanks for appreciating back. Because of you I'm DC-ing my hair regularly!

Not especially a DC per-se, but I applied conditioner and ayurvedic oil to my hair, covered in plastic, scarf and had a run. Rinsed out an hour later.

Ladies, how do I find out how different ingredients work on hair? Is there a database online with info on how keratin, hydrolysed wheat protein etc act on hair please? I bought a number of Avalon Organics conditioners recently and really would like to learn more about the ingredients. Help on this will be muchly appreciated!

Yay!!!!!! I'm somewhat consistent! This is my second week in a row (not sure when wednesday became wash day instead of monday but i'll take anything right about now)! I shamppoed with ORS Olive Oil Aloe Shampoo, i really wanted to deep condition with ORS Replenishing Conditioner but i couldn't find it. So i settled for Elasta QP DPR-11. I applied it at 10:30 but i had a staff meeting at 11:00 so i shamelessly put a plastic cap, shower cap and bonnet and headed out the door. Well its 12:30 and i'm back watching my soaps so i predict i'll wash it out at 1pm. I think it will be alright though. I'm gonna wet bun today, i have no patience to rollerset.:ohwell:

So today I dc with organic olive oil deep conditioner for about an hour. Crazy me. While my car was warming up I applied the condition.:lachen: I recently purchase conditioner made of ginseng and tea tree. Going to try that today and let you know how it comes out:grin:

I am trying to use up all of my products. I mixed the last of my ORS Hair Mayonnaise, ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak, Silicon Mix and Aphogee 2 minute together. I mixed equal parts of each conditioner and I left it in my hair for about 1 hour. My hair felt good after and had a lot of slip, however it also felt bit dryer than I would like(because of the protein) so I followed up with Aubrey Organics HSR and I left that in for a half hour. My hair feels great,

So today I dc with organic olive oil deep conditioner for about an hour. Crazy me. While my car was warming up I applied the condition.:lachen: I recently purchase conditioner made of ginseng and tea tree. Going to try that today and let you know how it comes out:grin:

your hair is really fabulous!!!

Trust me, this conditioner is very, very good. I have tried a lot of products and I have tried a number of Alterna products and this is way better. The ingredients are simple but it is really a superior product-In my opinion. I have a review in my Fotki.

Thanks - I'm finding that, though I have many deep conditioners, I'm using a lot as well as I dc two or three times a week. Interestingly, even though it was on sale, the Alterna was still expensive; it is not my favorite, and i won't purchase it again. I feel like my hair is stronger, but it doesn't give me the silkiness I like, and it's hard to rinse. Did you find that?

I applied avocado+coconut cream+honey with ayurvedic oils to my dry hair, covered in plastic and a scarf, left on for about an hour while I had a run. Rinsed out then co-washed.

I'm promising myself to be in this thread more than i was in the other. I think the only time i was in the other thread was when i joined.:perplexed I know i can do this.

I am with you, I have some kind of irrational fear of posting but I am working through it. :spinning: Aggie would it be ok if I could try this one more gin? I will be deep conditioning twice per week with Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. Thank you for the love!

Pre-poo'd over night with Amla Gold. DCing now with Silicon Mix. I've slowed down on my DCing because I have NG now and I get a lot of breakage when my hair is wet.

Oh, the cold! I presume your hair's well protected, huh? Make him keep you warm girl! And you're welcome... thanks for appreciating back. Because of you I'm DC-ing my hair regularly!

Not especially a DC per-se, but I applied conditioner and ayurvedic oil to my hair, covered in plastic, scarf and had a run. Rinsed out an hour later.

Ladies, how do I find out how different ingredients work on hair? Is there a database online with info on how keratin, hydrolysed wheat protein etc act on hair please? I bought a number of Avalon Organics conditioners recently and really would like to learn more about the ingredients. Help on this will be muchly appreciated!
Thanks Jax, you're doing great so far with your hair progress. You're giving it the love it deserves.

I am with you, I have some kind of irrational fear of posting but I am working through it. :spinning: Aggie would it be ok if I could try this one more gin? I will be deep conditioning twice per week with Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. Thank you for the love!

I haven't seen you for a minute HH. How have you been? You know you are more than welcomed to join in at anytime. Welcome....again:yep:.

Today I Pre-treated with yogurt and shikikai powder. Deep conditioned with heat with All Soft treatment followed by all soft conditioner.

My 3rd week.

Did a pre-poo with Ojon restorative treatment and MT.

Then I washed with Ojon shampoo (got the Q special value) did a Clairol color rinse) then conditioned with Ojon and did the Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor.

My hair is much softer and moisturized since I got serious with the DC challenge but I had to cut 3" off to get rid of the split, scraggly ends. I think they were stopping my hair from growing .

I washed and DC'd over night on Sunday, and I co-washed yesterday! I've never in my life DC'd more than once every couple months b4 joining the hair forums, let alone once or twice a week! My hair is definitely thanking me!

Hadn't checked in for a while, but I am still doing my DCs on Thursdays and Sundays. I am noticing a little difference in my hair already, it feels stronger. I am using ORS paks once per week and using other condish the other time.

Hey ladies I plan on getting my relaxer, and DC next week, I have been stretching since like the end of summer of last year, I say around july.:grin:

DCed yesterday on dry hair with L'Oreal Nature's therapy and suave as a base. Used shower cap and scarf, for 1 1/2 hours. After rinsing I detangled my hair using Joico Body Luxe Conditioner because I found that my hair did not have enough slip with the DC alone. This conditioner is definitely a staple for my thick hair and it smells nice too!

Well I had my hair done today and the stylist used Alter Ego Garlic treatment for 20 minutes under the dryer. It was just OK. I really like taking care of my own hair now.

I agree. I feel that my hair dresser cant give my hair that extra attention that I give it

this sunday i am going to pre poo with suave coconut mixed with coconut oil and honey, then shampoo with con red lable, then do a 5 minute treatment with dumb blonde and then a 15 minute treatment with heat with moisture maniac.

Back