DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

I think this is the first time this year i have dc'ed my hair (twice i've had it done by a stylist), i feel really ashamed. It's amazing how much build up and gunk i could feel when my hair was only saturated by the water from the shower. Long story short i'll be the hooded dryer for 15 minutes with this Uans Intensive Reconstructor. This stuff IS really, really amazing! My hair was soooo tangled after i got out the shower i just took a rattail comb and divided my hair into sections to apply this, product. Let me tell you! I didn't even use a comb to detangle my hair and when i got done applying the product throughout my hair it looked as if i did!:blush: But the strange thing is i don't see any cones in the ingredients listed. i hope my tangles just melt away when i get ready to rinse. After this i'll proceed to rollerset using the anchor method. It feels so good to get back in the swing of things.:grin:

details please sweetie....what's in this? I MUST have it :yep:

I deep conditioned for one hour with heat today. I used IC Fantasia Deep Penetrating Moisturizer mixed with honey and olive oil. So far so good.

Is it to late to JOIN? I wana I wana.

I will be using all sorts of stuff. But atleast once a week megatek and I have to figure what out of my mini store I will use.

Hi JJamiah, it's not too late. You can definitely join and a warm welcome to you honey:yep:.

Used up my last bit of Aveda Damage Remedy IRT tonight. DCed for 1 hour using the electric steam cap. Followed with Joico Body Luxe Conditioner. I am looking to replace the Aveda, but my hair feels so good, that I am not sure that I can part with this product. I feel that I need a product with a bit more protein, but something that also moisturizes my dry hair. Another member recommended Joico K-pak...any other recommendations would be great...thanks in advance!

Used up my last bit of Aveda Damage Remedy IRT tonight. DCed for 1 hour using the electric steam cap. Followed with Joico Body Luxe Conditioner. I am looking to replace the Aveda, but my hair feels so good, that I am not sure that I can part with this product. I feel that I need a product with a bit more protein, but something that also moisturizes my dry hair. Another member recommended Joico K-pak...any other recommendations would be great...thanks in advance!

You could try Abba Pure recovery or Abba Pure Color Treat conditioners. They are great organic products, even the shampoos are awesome. You can get them from www.sleekhair.com and I believe http://www.salonsavings.com/abba/ has them too.

Last edited:
Did a treatment with yoghurt mixed with amla oil, rose powder, neem powder and rosewater. Rinsed and DC with NTM mask. Silky hair

Dcing right now on dry hair with Sitrinillah. Will leave in for about 4 hours then get under the dryer for 1 hour.

Just checking in, Im Dcing with Silicone Mix, TJ Nourish Spa, & my Ayurveda herbs. I might Finish with a Fenugreek Tea rinse.

I cowashed with my garnier fructis length & strength mix. Then DC'ed overnight (1 hour of heat at first) with Biolage Fortifying Conditioner with Vitamin E and Rosemary, Lavander EO. I put Sleek & Shine Leave-In with Infusium 23, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and some EOs (I love the way they smell and make my scalp tingle)

I don't know if I liked the way it turned out. It was kind of dry feeling. Could it be protein overload? What can I do to reverse it or balance it?

TIA

Ok, so I colored my hair on Saturday, Feb.5th and didn't DC because I used Loreal Colorspa which is Demi-Permanent. Tonight which is Thursday, Feb, 12th--I pre treated with Cherie's Herbal remedy mixed with Vatika Oil and Sizta 2 Sizta Amazing Hair Oil. I sat under my hot cap for 30 minutes, then shampooed. I then deep conditioned with Sizta 2 Sizta Deep Conditioner for 45 minutes under the heat cap again. I'm air drying now with moisturizing cream in my hair. I'll seal with oil in about 10 minutes.

Weekly Update:

Tuesday: Pre-pooed with coconut oil then DC'd with AO Island Naturals for 30 minutes.

Thursday: Did red clay mask and DC'd with AO Island Naturals for 30 minutes.

Hey fellow dc'ers!

I've been off the radar for the past few wks...way 2 much going on!
Anyhoo, I've been keeping up w/my twice wkly dcs alternating between ao gpb & ao hsr (both w/castor oil, honeyquat, & suave coconut condish mixed in). They leave my hair really soft & shiny.

DC today

I pre-poo with Alma Oil for 24 hours. Will clarify and wash my hair then DC with my Aussie Moist DC I like it so far. I am 21 weeks post my hair is doing very well.

DC overnight with ORS Mayonnaise, honey, and evoo
cowash, leave-in and I am trying a roller set since I am staying in today

Sorry I am late but that helps alot.
Yes I'd say it is pretty close to the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor but please understand they are different too because the Duo Tex has Hydrolyzed Collagen as it's main protein content and this protein is known simply for it's elasticity increasing properties and the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor on the other hand has hydrolyed keratin and vegetable proteins in it as it's main protein content, although it also has a little bit of collagen in it as well.

The hydrolyzed keratin in Aphogee 2 minute will strengthen all 3 layers of the hair because the keratin molecules are broken down and therefore small enough to go beyond the cuticle and penetrate the hair shaft. I sometimes mix the Aphogee 2 minute and the Duo Tex together to have both the collagens and the keratin proteins to accomplish both elasticity and strength all in one protein treatment session. However, they work very well independantly.

All proteins strengthen the hair to some degree but they also each have specific characteristics that make them different as well. Some reconstruct the hair, some create shine, some cause build-up on the hair, others don't, some soften, some strenthen, etc. Hope this helps a little.

I am mixing my DC together now, it contains....
1 1/2 tsp of Carrot & Aloe Oil (all gone now)
2 1/3 tsp of Honey (all gone now)
3 tsp of Castro Oil
2 tsp of Coconut Oil
5 drops of Peppermint Oil
Pantene Breakage Defense
and added 3 tsp of KC Humecto (bottle)

Last edited:
This is my 2nd week.

I was real busy this week studying for a test so today is my 1st DC for the week.

I pre-pood last night with the Crown & Glory afro detangler and some Eden oil. I left it on overnight. I'm trying to finish off ther C&G afro detangler. It's not bad but not good enough to spend another almost 50.00 on.

I washed that out today and am now sitting with ORS replenishing pack and some NTM deep recovery hair mask and my heat cap.

I'll rinse that out and maybe do the Aphogee 2 min. Is that too much?

ETA: Didn't do the Aphogee. I'll just rinse out and do a leave-in.

I think I may try a rollerset since I'm not doing anything else today.

Last edited:
Hey just checking in! Hope you ladies have a great Valentines Day...I'm wishing one for you all!

I plan to DC on Sunday night since I will be MIA as of tomorrow morning. I finally got my MT so I will be adding this mix to my reggie:

4oz of MT
1/2tsp of Emu Oil
1tsp of Castor Oil
1/2 of Amla Oil

I mix it up in an applicator bottle and will apply to the scalp and massage it after my wash and DC. Then section in four braids and back to wigging it!

Hey Aggie or anyone thats has tried this...
Umm is there another way I can use this 2 step like maybe mixed with conditioner and how often?
I am really not feeling the stickiness and the stuff running down my neck, face, and back. And I really hate sitting under the dryer it be too hot under there.

Back