DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

I prepoo'd overnight with Elasta QP DPR-11 mixed with olive oil and honey. I washed my hair with Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Shampoo and dc'd with heat for 15 minutes with Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Conditioner.

I washed today with my aphogee shampoo, used the 2 min reconstructor and dc'd with a mix of GVP conditioning balm, coconut oil and olive oil. I tried to rollerset but I only had enough rollers for half of my head so I ended up blow drying (first time since the beginning of January). LADIES I HAVE PROGRESS. Check out my siggy...

So I did my DC yesterday. I had put some OCT/MT mixed with EOs and Vitamin E the night before. Cowashed with Long and Strong by Garnier Fructis with a lil salt (need the extra slip for detangling). Then DCed with Pantene R&N Breakage Defense with some Vitamin E for 2 hours with 30minutes of heat on low at first. Then put Sleek & Shine, Infusium 23, EOs (rosemary, peppermint, lavender), Vitamin E (really like my vitamin e) as my leave in.

My hair came out extra soft and detangled quite easily. I still had quite a bit of shedding and breakage but it was less than before. I try not to worry about that part or else I'll just stress and create more shedding.

I love the DDDCC, my hair has been feeling extra soft and managable.

I washed today with my aphogee shampoo, used the 2 min reconstructor and dc'd with a mix of GVP conditioning balm, coconut oil and olive oil. I tried to rollerset but I only had enough rollers for half of my head so I ended up blow drying (first time since the beginning of January). LADIES I HAVE PROGRESS. Check out my siggy...

:yep:, you sure do have progress future. Congrats honey.

Prepoo'd overnight w/ vatika coconut oil; DC today w/ Pantene nourishing noir hair mask. Liking my hair a little bit today. This stretch is no joke. :ohwell::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I pre-pooed with mega tek. I just clarified with baking soda. As I type I'm DCing with Alter Ego Garlic conditioner and Extra virgin coconut oil. Afterwards I will apply rusk smoother leave in an do a braid out.

I try to read every post and it's a good thing I do because if I didn't I would have totally missed this. First of all, let me just say I am sorry you are going through this right now. Secondly, when our hair starts to break like this, many times it means that it's been like this for a while and the breakage is inevitable, meaning that we were probably not giving our hair the proper amount of care over a long period of time and now it's simply responding to that lack of care.

Now that you are freshly taking care of it again, it will get better, but unfortunately the damaged hair that you have may now be beyond repair and we can do what we can to hold on to it for as long as possible but eventually, we would need to cut it off, even if you decie to do it gradually. Proteins can only do so much repair and there is such a thing as irreparable damage unfortunately. That's why it's so important for us not to let our hair get to this point of irreparable damage.

You are doing the right things right now. Try the Duo Tex once a week for about 3 weeks but make sure to follow up with some really good moisturizing DC and daily moisturizer and seal with a natural oil. The Duo Tex to me is mild to moderate - not hardcore like Aphogee 2 step, but it really works. Thank God it's wayyyy cheaper than Aphogee too.

I would also recommend some protective styling after the 3 weeeks of treatments, keeping your hands out of your hair for about a month would help a lot too. I would usually use braids for this because it's easier for me to still DC once a week in them without issues. HTH.
Is this the Duo Tex that your talking about?
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Protein-Conditioner/SBS-100120,default,pd.html

I DC with SE Mega Cholesterol with cap and heat for about 25 minutes. This was after my egg condish treatment for protein. Lawd, my hair needed a miracle and it felt great afterwards.

Sitting with MT and my homemade ayurveda oil pre-treating right now under a plastic wrap and bonnet. Will rinse out in 1.5 hrs, wash with rhassoul and conditioner, DC with avocado+coconut cream+honey for at least 3 hours then rinse and finish off with a tea rinse.

Although I am not one of the challengers, I wanted to post a 'delicious' deep conditioner that I made a few days a go, which my hair (3c/4a) just loved.. so considering this is a deep conditioning challenge, for those who like making hair stuff at home, you may benefit from it

4 Tbs honey
5 Tbs EVOO
Half on the mix- le kair cholesterol
3 TBS Pure Hemp seed oil
4 Tbs coconut cream
5 Tbs melted Shea butter
1 Tbs glycerine
5TBS Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor

Mix up and apply... leave on for an hour or two.. rinse out....

When I used this my hair detangled like a dream in the shower, and air dried very moisturised (without me using any moisturiser after the wash)

hope this works for others.

Last edited:
On saturday I washed with my garlic shampoo and CON shampoo and DC'd with ORS Replenishing DC. I just dried it straight under the dryer and I love it.

Next wash day is wednesday.

Congrats on your progress :grin:

Although I am not one of the challengers, I wanted to post a 'delicious' deep conditioner that I made a few days a go, which my hair (3c/4a) just loved.. so considering this is a deep conditioning challenge, for those who like making hair stuff at home, you may benefit from it

4 Tbs honey
5 Tbs EVOO
Half on the mix- le kair cholesterol
3 TBS Pure Hemp seed oil
4 Tbs coconut cream
5 Tbs melted Shea butter
1 Tbs glycerine
5TBS Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor

Mix up and apply... leave on for an hour or two.. rinse out....

When I used this my hair detangled like a dream in the shower, and air dried very moisturised (without me using any moisturiser after the wash)

hope this works for others.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe Lioness. I know that Naturalgurl will probably love this.

Never posted my starting pics because I was braided until last thursday here it goes:

Attachments

• hair phots & jeremy 1.7 months 018.JPG
    hair phots & jeremy 1.7 months 018.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
  • hair phots & jeremy 1.7 months 016.JPG
    hair phots & jeremy 1.7 months 016.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 15
Sorry about this sweetie, yes that is the DuoTex that I am referring to. This protein treatment is amazing. It's watery but it doesn't get hard on the hair like Aphogee 2 step and it doesn't require heat to work. I love it!
Thanks for answering..So you add it to a spray bottle and apply? And this is the same strength as Aphogee 2-step?

Last edited:
Thanks for answering..So you add it to a spray bottle and apply? And this is the same strength as Aphogee 2-step?

No I do not use a spray bottle and no Duo Tex is not anywhere near as strong as Aphogee 2 step treatment. It's mild to moderate in strength and mild enough to use once a week to every 10 days on my hair. I'm transitioning from bone straight relaxed to texlaxed hair now and need the extra strengthening properties in my hair consistently to keep the 2 demarcation lines fortified.

Hey chick - hope u don't mind me jumpin' in on this one...I am using the USDT once a week and I put it a spray bottle cuz it it pretty watery -but it is some good stuff...what I wanted to tell you that they have the bottle for 3.99 at the beauty supply by Krogers on Greens. I paid 5 something at Sally's so u know where I will be buying it next. But it is such a large bottle - it will last you a while

HTH

No I do not use a spray bottle and no Duo Tex is not anywhere near as strong as Aphogee 2 step treatment. It's mild to moderate in strength and mild enough to use once a week to every 10 days on my hair. I'm transitioning from bone straight relaxed to texlaxed hair now and need the extra strengthening properties in my hair consistently to keep the 2 demarcation lines fortified.
So its the same strength as 2 min?

Hey chick - hope u don't mind me jumpin' in on this one...I am using the USDT once a week and I put it a spray bottle cuz it it pretty watery -but it is some good stuff...what I wanted to tell you that they have the bottle for 3.99 at the beauty supply by Krogers on Greens. I paid 5 something at Sally's so u know where I will be buying it next. But it is such a large bottle - it will last you a while

HTH
Dang I may have to go get that....Thanks.

So its the same strength as 2 min?

Yes I'd say it is pretty close to the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor but please understand they are different too because the Duo Tex has Hydrolyzed Collagen as it's main protein content and this protein is known simply for it's elasticity increasing properties and the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor on the other hand has hydrolyed keratin and vegetable proteins in it as it's main protein content, although it also has a little bit of collagen in it as well.

The hydrolyzed keratin in Aphogee 2 minute will strengthen all 3 layers of the hair because the keratin molecules are broken down and therefore small enough to go beyond the cuticle and penetrate the hair shaft. I sometimes mix the Aphogee 2 minute and the Duo Tex together to have both the collagens and the keratin proteins to accomplish both elasticity and strength all in one protein treatment session. However, they work very well independantly.

All proteins strengthen the hair to some degree but they also each have specific characteristics that make them different as well. Some reconstruct the hair, some create shine, some cause build-up on the hair, others don't, some soften, some strenthen, etc. Hope this helps a little.

I DC'ed today with silicon mix for a few hours with no heat. I had a bad week last week, I didn't do anything to my hair ,my apartment was being painted and hair was the last thing on my mind.:perplexed I'm paying for it this week though my hair is acting funny..:nono: I lost a lot of hair this wash, well a lot to me.:perplexed

Attachments

• hairball.JPG
    hairball.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 14
Back