DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

Aggie,

Looks like I'm gonna be able to keep up girl! Reporting in this week and I want to say that the condition of my hair is vastly improving, it is soooo very soft now and I have a hard time keeping my hands out of my natural and springy curly hair. I have DC'd with HSR and Olive oil this week...love it!

Checking in...

I'm DC'ing tonight w/ a mix of shescentit avocado conditioner and I added avocado oil, carrot oil and castor oil. I'm leaving on overnight w/ a plastic cap. I haven't tried this mix before so we'll see how my hair turns out tomorrow.

Yes, I see we both love Hairveda's Moist 24/7 although it's my cowashing staple.

OK! :drunk: I'm about to follow in suite and DC overnight tonight. I haven't DC'ed overnight since I was like 12 or something...

What other products do you normally use to DC?

me~:rolleyes:

Is this some good stuff??:look:

I just started using the product, myself, and I must say that I am VERY impressed with the level of moisture that it provides my hair with. I use it as a deep conditioner, and found that although it works well as a deep conditioner, it is also very gentle; and when you have fine hair like I do, you need that!

Checking in: DCed yesterday with L"Oreal MegaMoisture and suave as a base for several hours, using a shower cap. My hair feels super soft today.

just shampooed with CPR motions shampoo and am currently dc'ing with CPR Motions conditioner - under a cap. I plan to keep this on for about 15-20 min then will rinse.
UPDATE: my hair was so soft after i rinsed the cpr motions out that i wound up not putting anything else on it am airdrying now

Last edited:
So, I did my first prepoo yesterday with silk elements megasilk olive moisturizing treatment and jojoba oil. I then washed with my aphogee shampoo then DC'd with silk elements megasilk and aphogee 2 min reconstructor :lick:. I am completely in love with the megasilk. It smells so good and makes my hair feel so silky. :yep: I'm going to use a little of it to make a leave in.

Hello, I'm checking in! I had cornrows for a week, so I took them out last night and pre-pood with heat for 20 mins...then I got tired so I guess I pre-pood overnight with Pantene Onyx Expressions conditioner and pure Olive oil (that was not the original plan, though!)...now I'm DCing with Keracare Humecto. I'm supposed to be getting a relaxer soon, so I'm going to do my Aphogee treatment after this. I'm probably going to roller set and flat iron my roots because I'm about 10 weeks post relaxer and it's a little ROUGH...AND we're going to see TINA TURNER in Paris tomorrow night so I have to look HOT!!!! :lachen: I'll post pics after my relaxer...yesssssssssss

OK! :drunk: I'm about to follow in suite and DC overnight tonight. I haven't DC'ed overnight since I was like 12 or something...

What other products do you normally use to DC?

For moisturizing dc's I've been sticking with Hairveda's Sitrinillah! I L.O.V.E. it. :infatuated:. I also like Patene's Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask. I dc'd overnight last night with Yes to Carrots Mud Mask and it is a big fat hit :grin:!

Clarified/chelated with ORS Creamy Aloe

Dc'd with Paul Mitchell Super Charged mixed with Beyond The Zone Clear Rinse for two hours. One with heat, one without

Applied Salerm 21 b5 leave in topped with FHI Hot Sauce and gave myself a blowout.

Rubbed on some Black n Sassy Crème Shine and did a silk wrap.

The end. :grin:

For moisturizing dc's I've been sticking with Hairveda's Sitrinillah! I L.O.V.E. it. :infatuated:. I also like Patene's Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask. I dc'd overnight last night with Yes to Carrots Mud Mask and it is a big fat hit :grin:!

Yes I am quoting myself. Back to say the Yes to Carrots was $12.99 at Target. I gotta check my receipt. Anyways I think I may only get 2-3 uses out of this jar. I don't mind paying $12.99 but I need more uses than that out of one jar and I'm not a big product mixer. I gotta do some research on this one. I need bigger jars!

I relaxed today. I was attemping to go 12 wks, but the new growth got the best of me. I used ORS relaxer, which works better for me than ElastaQP. I remembered to deep condition before I neutralize and it feels wonderful.

This is one challenge that I am sooo glad I joined. I needed to get back into regular DCing. I used to do it once a week (years ago), then I stopped. I just used time as an excuse not too. Aggie, you all right wit' me. :yep:

DCing now with a mix of SitriNillah, Pantene hydrator, and lots of EVOO. 'Bout to get under the dryer and meditate for a while, about 30 mins. Will follow with a quick 5 min conditioning mix of Kenra and Porosity Control.

ETA: OK so I got totally absorbed in this website and could not pull myself away to get under the dryer. So it ended up being 1 hr with Sitrinillah mix, no heat. :-)

DITTO LaidBak:yep:!

Aggie,

Looks like I'm gonna be able to keep up girl! Reporting in this week and I want to say that the condition of my hair is vastly improving, it is soooo very soft now and I have a hard time keeping my hands out of my natural and springy curly hair. I have DC'd with HSR and Olive oil this week...love it!

YAY!!! HairHuslta, you are definitely trying girl and I applaud your eforts, so keep it up honey:yep:.

Hello, I'm checking in! I had cornrows for a week, so I took them out last night and pre-pood with heat for 20 mins...then I got tired so I guess I pre-pood overnight with Pantene Onyx Expressions conditioner and pure Olive oil (that was not the original plan, though!)...now I'm DCing with Keracare Humecto. I'm supposed to be getting a relaxer soon, so I'm going to do my Aphogee treatment after this. I'm probably going to roller set and flat iron my roots because I'm about 10 weeks post relaxer and it's a little ROUGH...AND we're going to see TINA TURNER in Paris tomorrow night so I have to look HOT!!!! :lachen: I'll post pics after my relaxer...yesssssssssss

Have fun at the concert Liege4421 and I have no doubt that you will look hot girl:grin:.

:clap:

Ok, me and you need a pm moment so there is no thread hijacking...

but my hair is lovinnnng the sitrinillah along with the Yes to Carrots.. :love:

it's like in 09, my hair is like just loving the stuff that six months ago..I wouldn't have seen it coming:blush:..the things I fought so long from bowing down to..

lemme know if you're gonna try the pantene nature fusion...
I'm feellling that..:yep:

I mixed that together with the moist 24/7....I'm 12 wks post...and
I didn't even need a comb for any detangling..strictly fingers..
shocked the mess out of me..

I dusted/trimmed my ends today. After that I prepooed with an oil blend and I am sitting now with AOHSR in my hair. I will do a rollerset later.

I am late - super busy this weekend - and am just beginning my dc process. I have in Phytonectar oil right now (30 minutes in a bag), next will be clarify with phytoneutre, dc with aubrey's organic blue green algae in a bag for 30 minutes while i do some work, and finish up with phytojoba intense moisture mask for another 30 minutes - it's the usual process for my twice weekly deep conditioning. even when i don't post, i'm still here in spirit and practice.

I mixed my two favorites today (Silk Elements and Kenra MC) with a drop of honey and a bit of EVOO. My hair feels great.

I usually don't mix anything with my SE or Kenra because they're great without anything else but this is a goooooood mix.

Saturday-I deep conditioned with Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme conditioner-I left it in for about 5 hours. I followed that up with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery and left that on for about 1/2 hour with heat. My hair came out very soft and easy to style.

I dc'ed overnight (not on purpose, I fell asleep) with a mix of sitrinillah, honey, evoo and coconut oil on my hair. I washed it out this am , put on some shkakai and bunned up my braids. My hair is so super moist and soft tonight.:yep:

I did my last pre-relaxer dc on Sunday night with 30 mins of Megatek and then overnight mixture of Tigi Bedhead Moisture Manic and NJ Nourish Spa. I'm excited/scared to do my first self relaxer on Thursday, but I think I'm ready. I've done all the research and I've actually relaxed my sister's hair before so I have some experience. My one fear is taking too long on application so I might put some oil in my relaxer. Wish me good luck!

I did my last pre-relaxer dc on Sunday night with 30 mins of Megatek and then overnight mixture of Tigi Bedhead Moisture Manic and NJ Nourish Spa. I'm excited/scared to do my first self relaxer on Thursday, but I think I'm ready. I've done all the research and I've actually relaxed my sister's hair before so I have some experience. My one fear is taking too long on application so I might put some oil in my relaxer. Wish me good luck!

Good luck CG, please let us know how it turned out, okay?

Back