DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

DC'ed overnight with ORS replenishing conditioner and I'm under the dryer right now for an hour and then I'll wash it out.

Okay, this is my 1st time DC'ing since joining the challenge. Once I figure out how to get my pics in my siggy, I'll put them up. I am DC'ing using the ORS pak and under the hood dryer for about 45 min. Somebody please tell me what to do for posting pics in my siggy???
Also, what if any advice does anyone have on what else is safe to use as a DC along with the ORS replenishing pak? I am not smart when it comes to figuring out what has too much protein or what not to pair certain products with.
I'm excited! I am just about @ APL I think, and I stretch my relaxers to about 14 weeks, so hopefully I will finally get to MBL by the end of the year...??? Thanks for any advice girls!

I just wanted to let ya'll know that because of the funk that I was in I decided to relax. I went straighter than I normally would :wallbash:. I was only 10 weeks post but I was disgusted because I wasn't seeing any progress:nono:. I trimmed about 1 inch 2 weeks ago. That may have put me in a funk:wallbash:. Well, I can see just a little progress so I guess all is not as bad as it seems:yay:. Unfortunate, I will not be able to post pic because I am a personal HYH Challenge and Bootcamp Challenge:nono2:. I will keep you posted:yep: Thanks to everyone for your support. :iloveyou:
BTW: After I relaxed, I d/c under my hooded dryer with Ion Effective Care Treatment:lick: and Hot oil:lick:.
It has alot of body and its got swang:grin:.
~ttfn.
I am so happy to see that you are back in the swing of things moonglowdiva:yep:.

Saturday-I deep conditioned with ABBA Pure Color Protect Conditioner. I really like this conditioner, it smells great and is an actual deep conditioner(instructions say to use for 15-20 minutes under heat). I followed that up with Blended Beauty Herbal Reconditioner(love this stuff!) and left that in overnight.

Oooh I am so happy to hear this because I have this in my wish list at sleekhair.com.

I deep conditioned last night with silk elements megasilk and rollerset on perm rods. My hair turned out so pretty!

102_1163.jpg

102_1169.jpg

102_1157.jpg

Girl future I can see you are going to make a beautiful bride. Your hair is looking so so good:yep:.

Okay, this is my 1st time DC'ing since joining the challenge. Once I figure out how to get my pics in my siggy, I'll put them up. I am DC'ing using the ORS pak and under the hood dryer for about 45 min. Somebody please tell me what to do for posting pics in my siggy???
Also, what if any advice does anyone have on what else is safe to use as a DC along with the ORS replenishing pak? I am not smart when it comes to figuring out what has too much protein or what not to pair certain products with.
I'm excited! I am just about @ APL I think, and I stretch my relaxers to about 14 weeks, so hopefully I will finally get to MBL by the end of the year...??? Thanks for any advice girls!

Try the Biolage or GVP Conditioning Balm, Pantene Relaxed and Natural Hair Conditioning Mask, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or the Aubrey Organics White Camellia for starters. Good luck.

Hello Lovely Ladies of LHCF!

Here's my LOG! LOL!!

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
6) Jan. 30 - Coconut Milk + EVOO + Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours.
7) Feb. 7 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
8) Feb. 8 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
9) (:heart2:Valentine's Day :heart2:) Feb. 14 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
10) Feb. 16 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 5 minutes
11) Feb. 21 - THE PROCESS:
Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment - 20 minutes
Aphogee Balancer Moisturizer - 10 minutes
Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 1 hour
12) Feb. 23 - Keracare Humecto (with a shower cap) while watching HEROES - 1 hour and 15 mins
13) Feb. 28 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 2 hours :lick:
14) Mar. 2 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - a little over 5 minutes :grin:
15) Mar. 7 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 (1 hour under the dryer)- 1.5 hours (i think) :blush: - - - LOL! :lachen:

Going to DC tonight with... hmmm... let see... Keracare Humecto or Aphogee 2 minute for 5 minutes. Hmm... Ok, Aphogee for 5 minutes. Yep... :rolleyes:... that's what I'll do. Aphogee 2 minute recontsructor it is...

P.S. - I never took DCing so seriously in my life, and now... I'm addicted (in a good way). THANKS, Aggie! :hug2:

me~:rolleyes:

Here's my LOG! LOL!!

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
12) Feb. 23 - Keracare Humecto (with a shower cap) while watching HEROES - 1 hour and 15 mins
14) Mar. 2 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - a little over 5 minutes :grin:
15) Mar. 7 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 (1 hour under the dryer)- 1.5 hours (i think) :blush: - - - LOL! :lachen:

Going to DC tonight with... hmmm... let see... Keracare Humecto or Aphogee 2 minute for 5 minutes. Hmm... Ok, Aphogee for 5 minutes. Yep... :rolleyes:... that's what I'll do. Aphogee 2 minute recontsructor it is...

P.S. - I never took DCing so seriously in my life, and now... I'm addicted (in a good way). THANKS, Aggie! :hug2:

You're welcomed sweetie:yep:.

Here's my LOG! LOL!!

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:

I agree, I actually look forward to DCing!

co-washed last night with pantene r&n conditioner. followed up w/ motions cpr. sat under dryer for 30 min. don't know if the cpr counts as a tru DC tho. had some under the sink so i figured i would give it a go. i'm trying to use up everything i own before i hit the BSS again. it's so hard!

So I DC'd last night and I'm so thrilled!!!:grin: I subscribed to the Porosity thread and read about ways to get smoother less tangled hair. I swear I'm ripping my hair up cuz it's always so tangled and I can't do anything with it. Well I read JustKiya's blog and her recipe for getting smooth easily detangled hair.

I co-washed with VO5 Hydrating formula with 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda, Sea Salt, and a 1/2-1 of lemon juice. It got a little chunky but IT WORKED!!! I was able to detangle my hair with my fingers in the shower and still shower before the water got cold (I only get 20-30minutes of hot water).

My hair was so soft and smooth I couldn't believe it. I only had a small amount of shed hairs from the detangling. I needed this. I was so frustrated after my last DC on Sat with the amount of shed hair and breakage that I was ready to do something crazy (maybe even BC'd). So this method was an absolute saving grace for me.:yep:

I made my little DC of GF Fortifying Conditioner Mask, ORS Olive Oil Pak, Say Yes to Carrots conditioner, Honey, EOs, Tea Tree Oil, a drop of Neem Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, and some Vitamin E oil (I forgot to add the MSM powder). Applied with heat for an hour or so. Rinsed and did a ACV cold water rinse to help seal and smooth the cuticles.

I'm going to do a braidout for my interview. Hopefully all goes well.
Sorry for the long post but I'm just too excited about my hair right now.
:bouncegre

Deep conditioning now with Lanza healing strength and DT equilibrium moisture balance co without heat for 2(maybe 3) hrs. This time around I plan on detangling while in the shower and seeing if this helps with my knots. Also, I plan on rinsing with pc co and seeing if that helps my strands, as well.

Checking in this should be my 5th wk but it will count as my 4th because I missed my DC'ing last week.

No bunch of excuses, life just got in the way.

Thankfully I didn't have any manipulation because I had the greatest twistout of my 5 years natural. I got so many compliments and I just put coconut oil in it and Ojon styling cream to keep it moist and easy to finger style.

So last night I used the Ojon restorative treatment to do an overnight condition. I still have not washed it out because I have to go out so when I return home I will wash & condition with Ojon and then do the Aphogee 2 min reconstrutor or the ORS replenishing pack.

Cutting my ends off and deep conditioning have done my hair a world of good.

co-washed last night with pantene r&n conditioner. followed up w/ motions cpr. sat under dryer for 30 min. don't know if the cpr counts as a tru DC tho. had some under the sink so i figured i would give it a go. i'm trying to use up everything i own before i hit the BSS again. it's so hard!

Next time I'd use these two the other way around kriolagirl. The motions cpr counts as a protein treatment and the Pantene r&n is your moisturizing DC okay honey? Proteins first, moisture after or you can use them together like I do when time is not on my side.

So I DC'd last night and I'm so thrilled!!!:grin: I subscribed to the Porosity thread and read about ways to get smoother less tangled hair. I swear I'm ripping my hair up cuz it's always so tangled and I can't do anything with it. Well I read JustKiya's blog and her recipe for getting smooth easily detangled hair.

I co-washed with VO5 Hydrating formula with 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda, Sea Salt, and a 1/2-1 of lemon juice. It got a little chunky but IT WORKED!!! I was able to detangle my hair with my fingers in the shower and still shower before the water got cold (I only get 20-30minutes of hot water).

My hair was so soft and smooth I couldn't believe it. I only had a small amount of shed hairs from the detangling. I needed this. I was so frustrated after my last DC on Sat with the amount of shed hair and breakage that I was ready to do something crazy (maybe even BC'd). So this method was an absolute saving grace for me.:yep:

I made my little DC of GF Fortifying Conditioner Mask, ORS Olive Oil Pak, Say Yes to Carrots conditioner, Honey, EOs, Tea Tree Oil, a drop of Neem Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, and some Vitamin E oil (I forgot to add the MSM powder). Applied with heat for an hour or so. Rinsed and did a ACV cold water rinse to help seal and smooth the cuticles.

I'm going to do a braidout for my interview. Hopefully all goes well.
Sorry for the long post but I'm just too excited about my hair right now.
:bouncegre

Quite the mioxologist aren't you Vonnie? I love to mix a lot of my conditioners and oils together myself:yep:.

Checking in this should be my 5th wk but it will count as my 4th because I missed my DC'ing last week.

No bunch of excuses, life just got in the way.

Thankfully I didn't have any manipulation because I had the greatest twistout of my 5 years natural. I got so many compliments and I just put coconut oil in it and Ojon styling cream to keep it moist and easy to finger style.

So last night I used the Ojon restorative treatment to do an overnight condition. I still have not washed it out because I have to go out so when I return home I will wash & condition with Ojon and then do the Aphogee 2 min reconstrutor or the ORS replenishing pack.

Cutting my ends off and deep conditioning have done my hair a world of good.

I am so happy to see you ladies handling your hair so well. Keep it up:yep:.

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to say the I am loving this challenge! (Thanks Aggie!) My hair feels so much healthier! HOWEVER I have a few concerns. I feel like washing and DC’ing twice a week is causing me to lose more hair because of all the manipulation and shedding. I’m still working out my reggie and I know it might be complicated figuring out the culprit. Here are some facts/observation that might help.

1. I can’t figure out if it is shedding or breakage b/c the hair is wet and I can’t tell if there is a white bulb. The hairs are pretty long so it might be shedding or breakage at the line of demarcation for my relaxer (10 wks into stretch)
2. I have always lost some hair on wash day, but I used to wash every 2 weeks so it didn’t bother me
3. I am using megatek on my scalp 5 days/wk and 5 minutes on the length of my hair every 2 weeks. So I am expecting some shedding but that’s ok b/c it’s a good sign and it’ll grow back. Also my hair loves protein so I don’t think it’s causing breakage.
4. I alternate between ORS replenishing conditioner and keracare humecto for my dc so I think my moisture/protein balance is fine.
5. I don’t do much to my hair after washing, I use ors hair lotion and seal with castor oil daily and wear a wig.
6. I tried cowashing instead of shampooing and it seemed to leave my hair coated and affected how well my dc worked. It also coated and irritated my scalp and aggravated my dandruff. I tried Abba Pure Moisture, TJ Nourish Spa and Tigi Moisuture Mnaiac and they all didn’t work.
7. I detangle gently when a conditioner with good slip is on my hair. I use a wide tooth comb and I still lose quite a few strands of hair.

Pls help me figure out if the shedding/breakage is normal or not.
TIA

I am so EXCITED!!!!! After weeks of waiting, my Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose moisturising conditioner is finally here. Postman just delivered them and they're here next to me! All 4 of them! I mean, the AO site was sold out of these for weeks.... couldn't take a chance of that happening again, so i bought 4, lol! Off to have a super hair spa day, I'll report back tomorrow!

Happy Jac x x x x x x

Okay it was a late night/early morning with my hair. There was no other way around it due to my schedule. The good thing is on Thursday--my next hair day--I won't be going into work until 11am so I can do my hair before going to work. I'm 10 wks post and for the first time ever I need to detangle. I had a knot that I worked on with conditioner in my hair but I had to step away or I would have pulled some hair out. This morning I was able to patiently get the knot out. I will incorporate detangling into my regular routine. Last night I dc'd with Alter Ego Garlic.

Ok, just checking in. I clarified last night with Pantene’s clarifying shampoo and washed my hair with Aubrey Organic Island Naturals Replenishing Shampoo, which I just bought this weekend. I have to say, after reading the review of AO’s replenishing shampoo, I was so disappointed in how my hair turned out. It seemed stripped to me and seemed to tangle easily. I was so happy to move into my DCing treatment. I used Kenra’s Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with Queen Helen’s Cholesterol Conditioner and put on a plastic cap and went under the dryer for at least 45 minutes and left the bag on for another 15 minutes without heat and it honest to God saved my hair. I thought for sure (because of the tangles I got from clarifying and using AO replenishing shampoo) that I would lose a lot during the detangling process and that didn’t happen. Immediately after applying Kenra I could tell the difference. After DCing, I applied Sunsilk Hydra TLC as my leave-in and sealed with EVOO. My hair feels good today. Will co-wash this evening with a cap and no heat. I’ve been doing this everyday because I run and sweat a lot. Stay tuned for my next update….

Any suggestions for another good leave-in?

Deep conditioned yesterday with Keracare Humecto conditioner left it on for three hours. I think am going to start leaving my conditioners on longer than an hour, just loved the way my hair felt after leaving it in for so long.:yep:

Ok ladies I am DCing at the moment with some left over from last week (protein) and added the rest of my KeraCare and 1/3 of my Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense mixed with 3 tbsp of Raw Shea Butter.

Back