DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

:sekret:

*wondering if Shay is putting oils on the scalp and hair first like I do...*
*will be awaiting feedback on this evening's dc'ing...*

I'm so glad I came in here. I've been changing my routine bit by bit so I forgot I normally dc on dry hair on Thursdays. Because I'm confused I prepooed with Vatika Frosting when I normally don't on Thursdays. I usually just put the dc on and that's it. So...all that to say my routine today was quite similar to yours and I will tell you how it works out.

DCed this morning with Mizani Moisturefuse with honey, rosemary EO, neem oil, tea tree oil, vitamin E oil with heat for one hour then without for like 2 hours. My hair is in flat twists and braids while i'm on nights but it felt good afterwards. Sunday I'll add the last of my ORS pak to it and retwist the front. Next wednesday I'll try it plain though I like my DC mixes better.

I have some Motions Salon Herbal Kiwi Fortifying conditioner I want to DC with.. The problem is, I dont know if it is Protein or Moisture. Anyone use this?

Okay, well... yesterday I co-washed and DC'd with ORS Replenishing Pak...
I was under the dryer with the ORS for about 1 hour... Next week I guess I'll try to use up the rest of this Suave conditioner and this Pantene R&N Conditioner...
Question: Does the Suave and Pantene count as moisterizing? I'm hoping to use these every alternating week and on the 4th week do the ORS Mayo...

Hey krikit96, the suave is an instant conditioner and is perfect as a cowash conditioner but not as a DC. The Pantene Hair Conditioning Mask however is a deep conditioner because it's richer and thicker and more moisturizing, although I have to admit that the instant conditioners seem to give better slip:ohwell:.

I love this challenge!! My hair is loving it. I have been getting compliments. :D:D I am six weeks post and it is like nothing. I feel like I can stretch foreva.
It's good to see everyone still getting great results.

This stuff is my new love :lick:. It's thick and smells so good and makes my hair feel like silk :yep:. There is no need to mix it with oil or anything. It's on sale at sally's for $6.99. You should definitely give it a try.
Thanks for the review future but unfortunately I am already back home in the Bahamas but at least now I know it's a great conditioner worth trying when I return to the US.

I have been deep conditioning with silk elements moisture mask every other day this past week. Tonight I will mix it with OCT, ayurvedic powders and yogurt for an overnight treatment

Thanks evsbaby for mentioningh how you use the S.E. moisture mask.

Did my 6th week of Dc with Ojon. My hair is much softer and moisturized since I joined this challenge.

This is def the step I was missing. Thanx Aggie for keeping up with this challenge.

You're quite welcomed msdeevee. I really love DCing my hair too:lick:.

I really enjoy this challenge................Since I started it my hair has progressed. It is more moisturised, softer, more defined curls, less breakage. People have started to comment on my hair everyday. They seem to be amazed- always touching it. Imaging when it reaches shoulder length unstretched!:grin: I will be stopping traffic:lachen: No seriously though I cant wait to be full shoulder length unstretched. I wonder how many years that would take?

How do you like that Moroccan oil stuff? Is it worth the expense? Is this a staple for you?

Just did my pre-relaxer preparation (will relax in 1 week):
-Clarifyed with VO5
-Aphogee deep moisture shampoo
-Aphogee 2 min reconstructor (love love love this stuff!)
-Sitrinillah mixed with a healthy portion of Dabur Vatika oil--15 mins under the dryer, massaging scalp through plastic cap
-followed with a rinse and a quick application of Roux Porosity Control

I tell you what, I used to have a terrible problem with dryness, excessive shedding, and lots of breakage. But these days its mostly under control. I know its because I've stepped my DC game up.

This really excites me when I hear results like this evsbaby and LaidBak. Your hair is only responding to the care you are diligently giving it, so keep up the good work.

I plan on doing a henna treatment next week followed by a hour DC with whatever conditioner I choose, I will keep yall updated. My DC this weekend I will DC for an hour with megatek mix and DC with my cream of nature for two to three hours.

:grin:

I DC EVERY saturday on my hair day.

Hmmm DDP, I think this is great plan you have but I would only make one small adjustment and that is to do a longer DC after a henna treatment. I usually DC no less than 3 hours but I find that overnight DCing is best after a henna treatment, hth.

DCed this morning with Mizani Moisturefuse with honey, rosemary EO, neem oil, tea tree oil, vitamin E oil with heat for one hour then without for like 2 hours. My hair is in flat twists and braids while i'm on nights but it felt good afterwards. Sunday I'll add the last of my ORS pak to it and retwist the front. Next wednesday I'll try it plain though I like my DC mixes better.

Heyyyy Miss Mixologist. Remember if something is working well for you, stick with it for as long as it is working:yep:.

I have some Motions Salon Herbal Kiwi Fortifying conditioner I want to DC with.. The problem is, I dont know if it is Protein or Moisture. Anyone use this?

SM, if something says it's fortifying, then usually it contains some proteins. To fortify is to build up and that's what proteins do however, I am not familiar with this product and have no clue what the ingredients are, so as a result I can't really say what type of conditioner it is. Maybe you can list the ingredients and I may be able to help better.

You ladies move too fast for me but I am under Mr. Pibbs right now with some Joice Intense Moisturizer and Aveda Deep penetrating on the ends. I sealed everything with castor oil. I'll let the con marinate in my hair and tonight I'll rinse, air dry, blow dry and flat iron. :grin:

Hello ladies, I would love to join this challenge. I hate to sound dumb but what is DC on dry hair? Do you have to wash it out? I absolutley hate washing hair, it's an all day process, but u ladies make it sound so simple. Please help! **leaving thread watching for stones**

Haven't been around a few weeks due to illness. I did my DC on Wednesday. I used Mizani Moisturfuse for 30 minutes under the heat cap. I pre pooed with oil before shampooing for an hour.

Hello ladies, I would love to join this challenge. I hate to sound dumb but what is DC on dry hair? Do you have to wash it out? I absolutley hate washing hair, it's an all day process, but u ladies make it sound so simple. Please help! **leaving thread watching for stones**

Hi bebegyrl802. Good news, we don't throw stones in this thread. This is a fun and peaceful challenge and you are free to join us, so welcome. DC on dry hair is deep conditioning on hair that is not washed first. We put our choice of deep conditioner right on the hair while it's dry, and either leave it on the hair with or without heat to save time. Wash it out with perhaps some diluted poo and do a final rinse out with the same DC you used before on dry hair or an instant conditioner for added slip and softness. Some people like to get their protein treatments in this way and DC with moisture after washing out the protein conditioner but it's all in an effort to save time. You could put it on right after work, clean up the dishes, the house, even exercise with it on your hair then rinse it out as normal. There are many different ways to do it. It's like pre-pooing but with a deep conditioner.

Haven't been around a few weeks due to illness. I did my DC on Wednesday. I used Mizani Moisturfuse for 30 minutes under the heat cap. I pre pooed with oil before shampooing for an hour.

Welcome back healthyhair2 and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

right now i have an ao gpb, egg, silk peptide powder and bringraj mix on my hair

when i rinse that
i'll let my hair dry at least most of the way

and dc with a mix of ao white camellia, ao honeysuckle rose, avocado oil and jojoba oil.

we'll see how it comes out.

I've been MIA lately (but I never slacked with dc'ing!) because our internet was cut off. But I'm back now! :yay:

Yesterday, I pre pood with Cinnamon & Rosemary Oil for 45 minutes

Shampood with Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Moisturizing Shampoo

Dc'd for 45 minutes with heat with 12 en 1 Conditioner

Rinsed with Q&S Whale Sperm Rinse and left it on for about 8 minutes

Rollerset with Lacio Lacio leave in and Silicon Mix Serum

right now i have an ao gpb, egg, silk peptide powder and bringraj mix on my hair

when i rinse that
i'll let my hair dry at least most of the way

and dc with a mix of ao white camellia, ao honeysuckle rose, avocado oil and jojoba oil.

we'll see how it comes out.

Mmmmmmm, this combo sounds so yummy:lick: so please do let us know how this turns out.

I've been MIA lately (but I never slacked with dc'ing!) because our internet was cut off. But I'm back now! :yay:

Yesterday, I pre pood with Cinnamon & Rosemary Oil for 45 minutes

Shampood with Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Moisturizing Shampoo

Dc'd for 45 minutes with heat with 12 en 1 Conditioner

Rinsed with Q&S Whale Sperm Rinse and left it on for about 8 minutes

Rollerset with Lacio Lacio leave in and Silicon Mix Serum

What is this and what is it for?

ok just finished dc with a blend of kerafuse and hydrafuse from mizani and I have to say - what a difference. After reading about both products here and also reading about protein/moisture balance it made sense because I had seen significant improvement through using the aphogee 2 step and alternating moisturizing conditioners.
i washed first with mizani puriphying shampoo and then I did a 2:1 blend (mostly kerafuse) and my hair has very noticable body to it and does not feel dry at all. I am going to put a dab of ORS carrot oil on it when I go to bed and I will be flatironing it in the am (day out with the girls)

I just DC'd with heat using silk elements megasilk olive. Here's a progress update... I have conditioner in my hair in both pics.

moreprogress.jpg

DCing now with Silk Elements, Kenra, EVOO.

I'm too lazy to rollerset tonight so I'll either sleep with this mix or rinse it out and air dry overnight and flat iron tomorrow. I'm so lazy.

I deep conditioned my hair with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and SE R&R Hair Mayonnaise. This is one of my favorite conditioning combos.

Same ole weekly routine until touch up time...

DC'ing overnight on dry hair with SitriNillah; oils/butter added to scalp: murumuru butter, meadowfoam oil with Yes to Carrots Mud mask

Will follow up with protein-y mix of Joico Reconstructor/Joico Daily Conditioner/Joico Intense Hydrator/Moist Condition Pro/Garnier Reconstructor

end with WEN Fig/Moist Condition 24/7 mixed with Pantene Nature Fusion and moisturize and airdry.

Managed just one DC again this week, sigh. Anywho... applied to dry hair Avalon Organics Peppermint Revitalizing Conditioner with Babassu Oil mixed with homemade ayurveda oil, left that for approx 8 hours under plastic whilst I went about my daily stuff. Got home, rinsed well, co-washed with condish diluted with concentrated brahmi and shikakai tea, DC overnight with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, rinsed in the morning and tea rinsed, moisturised and sealed. Result - soft silky hair - so pleased. Need to get back to 2-3 times/wk DCing though...

Have a fab weekend ladies!

Well, don't worry Jax, I only managed one DC this week, too...sigh (de ja vu?). Pre-poo'd overnight with Suave Tropical Coconut condish (smells yummy)...and now I have on Miss Jessie's Deep Conditioner (don't know the name) and the Keracare Intensive Reconstructor...then I'll do an ApHogee Treatment because I have a relaxer next week (I had to cancel the one I was supposed to have today), and then I'll roller set. I took a picture of my hair...there's a big improvement from my avi photo to my siggy photo...and it was only three weeks difference! Thanks for this challenge!

Tuesday-Deep conditioned with UBH Deep conditioner with heat for half an hour. Followed up with ABBA pure moisture conditioner.

Friday-Deep conditioned overnight on dry hair with TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner mixed with avocado oil, olive oil and coconut oil. Today I will shampoo then condition with Alter Ego Garlic.

I am loving this challenge!

Back