DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

ok just shampooed with keracare hydrating and detangling shampoo followed that with keracare humecto. Left that on for 20 minutes(with a cap) followed that with aphogee two minute reconstructor. After rinsing with lukewarm water(couldn't do cold its cold enough outside already) towel dryed and put about a quarter size dollop of lacio lacio and am air drying right now.

someday i will figur eout how to put pics in my sig tag but in the meantime i uploaded progress pics to the album on here feel free to peek in

Last edited:
Dcing with a mix of Moist PRO, wheat protein, and Cocasta & Shikakai oil one hour with and one without heat

Well, I washed and deep conditioned again last night (my regular Tuesday) and I still am not pleased with the shampoo (Elucence Moisture Benefits). For some reason, my hair just feels stripped afterwards. However, I followed up with Kenra's Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with Queene Helen's Cholesterol Conditioner and it felt better, although, it still was a little tangled. I put GVP's version of Paul Mitchell's Detangler in my hair and slept in it. It was better this morning. Maybe I'll stop using Elucence until I have a fresh relaxer and then try it. Maybe 9 weeks post relaxer is too much. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm going to do an Avocado Mask tonight. Hopefully my strands will be back to normal after this.

Stay tuned.....

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:

1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
6) Jan. 30 - Coconut Milk + EVOO + Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours.
7) Feb. 7 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
8) Feb. 8 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
9) (:heart2:Valentine's Day :heart2:) Feb. 14 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
10) Feb. 16 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 5 minutes
11) Feb. 21 - THE PROCESS:
Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment - 20 minutes
Aphogee Balancer Moisturizer - 10 minutes
Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 1 hour
12) Feb. 23 - Keracare Humecto (with a shower cap) while watching HEROES - 1 hour and 15 mins
13) Feb. 28 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 2 hours :lick:
14) Mar. 2 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - a little over 5 minutes :grin:
15) Mar. 7 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 (1 hour under the dryer)- 1.5 hours (i think) :blush: - - - LOL! :lachen:
16) Mar. 9 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 10 minutes
17) Mar. 14 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 - overnight ~ 13 hours!!
I know you scurred! :yep:

18) Mar. 17 - Keracare Humecto (with a saran wrap) - 1 hour

me~:rolleyes:

I'm currently sitting under the dryer and DCing with silk elements megasilk olive conditioner.[/quote]

I'm in Nebraska and saw this in Sally's today but have never heard a review on the bolded, so I didn't purchase it. Could you let us know how your DC with this turned out future.

Well, I washed and deep conditioned again last night (my regular Tuesday) and I still am not pleased with the shampoo (Elucence Moisture Benefits). For some reason, my hair just feels stripped afterwards. However, I followed up with Kenra's Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with Queene Helen's Cholesterol Conditioner and it felt better, although, it still was a little tangled. I put GVP's version of Paul Mitchell's Detangler in my hair and slept in it. It was better this morning. Maybe I'll stop using Elucence until I have a fresh relaxer and then try it. Maybe 9 weeks post relaxer is too much. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm going to do an Avocado Mask tonight. Hopefully my strands will be back to normal after this.

Stay tuned.....

My hair reacts this way to most natural organic poos and that's what this is. I have it too and it's great while it's on my hair but not after washing it out. But once you deep condition with a moisturizing DC, it seems to be okay. There must be something in these poos that helps them to cleanse to a squeaky clean kinda clean but I'm sure they don't really cause any real damage if followed up by a DC, you know?

ETA: I'd recommend that you dilute it next time and definitely don't use too much. I find that a little goes a long way with these natural poos.

Last edited:
Okay, well... yesterday I co-washed and DC'd with ORS Replenishing Pak...
I was under the dryer with the ORS for about 1 hour... Next week I guess I'll try to use up the rest of this Suave conditioner and this Pantene R&N Conditioner...
Question: Does the Suave and Pantene count as moisterizing? I'm hoping to use these every alternating week and on the 4th week do the ORS Mayo...

I love this challenge!! My hair is loving it. I have been getting compliments. :D:D I am six weeks post and it is like nothing. I feel like I can stretch foreva.

I'm in Nebraska and saw this in Sally's today but have never heard a review on the bolded, so I didn't purchase it. Could you let us know how your DC with this turned out future.

This stuff is my new love :lick:. It's thick and smells so good and makes my hair feel like silk :yep:. There is no need to mix it with oil or anything. It's on sale at sally's for $6.99. You should definitely give it a try.

My hair reacts this way to most natural organic poos and that's what this is. I have it too and it's great while it's on my hair but not after washing it out. But once you deep condition with a moisturizing DC, it seems to be okay. There must be something in these poos that helps them to cleanse to a squeaky clean kinda clean but I'm sure they don't really cause any real damage if followed up by a DC, you know?

ETA: I'd recommend that you dilute it next time and definitely don't use too much. I find that a little goes a long way with these natural poos.

co-signing. I will definitely be diluting my natural shampoos in the future:yep:.

I'm currently sitting under the dryer and DCing with silk elements megasilk olive conditioner.[/quote]

What? I love this one. Here is a review thread. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=285849&highlight=product+rave+silk and its only 6.99 now.

I deep conditioned my hair yesterday. I use ORS replenishing conditioner and SE R&R Hair Mayonnaise. I think it is time I made a conditioner rotation??? I need something that have mega slip that doesn't contain mineral oil.

I have been deep conditioning with silk elements moisture mask every other day this past week. Tonight I will mix it with OCT, ayurvedic powders and yogurt for an overnight treatment

Did my 6th week of Dc with Ojon. My hair is much softer and moisturized since I joined this challenge.

This is def the step I was missing. Thanx Aggie for keeping up with this challenge.

I really enjoy this challenge................Since I started it my hair has progressed. It is more moisturised, softer, more defined curls, less breakage. People have started to comment on my hair everyday. They seem to be amazed- always touching it. Imaging when it reaches shoulder length unstretched!:grin: I will be stopping traffic:lachen: No seriously though I cant wait to be full shoulder length unstretched. I wonder how many years that would take?

I did my first post relaxer DC today with the Moroccan Oil mask for 45 minutes w/o heat since I just had color.

How do you like that Moroccan oil stuff? Is it worth the expense? Is this a staple for you?

Just did my pre-relaxer preparation (will relax in 1 week):
-Clarifyed with VO5
-Aphogee deep moisture shampoo
-Aphogee 2 min reconstructor (love love love this stuff!)
-Sitrinillah mixed with a healthy portion of Dabur Vatika oil--15 mins under the dryer, massaging scalp through plastic cap
-followed with a rinse and a quick application of Roux Porosity Control

I tell you what, I used to have a terrible problem with dryness, excessive shedding, and lots of breakage. But these days its mostly under control. I know its because I've stepped my DC game up.

I plan on doing a henna treatment next week followed by a hour DC with whatever conditioner I choose, I will keep yall updated. My DC this weekend I will DC for an hour with megatek mix and DC with my cream of nature for two to three hours.

:grin:

I DC EVERY saturday on my hair day.

DC'd tuesday with AO HSR conditioner for 30 minutes with heat, and I'm DC'ing right now with AO HSR conditioner mixed w/honey for 30 minutes with heat.

tonight i am going to pre poo with carols daughter khoret amen smoothie, then shampoo with joico k pack shampoo. then do my five minute treatment with joico k pack DPR then deep conditioner with heat for 20 minutes with mizani moisturefuse. i havent used mizani in a long time so i cant wait to see how it does because i cant remember lol.

ETA: i decided to pre poo with coconut milk mixed with EVOO, avocado oil and honey

Last edited:
Back