DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

On Sunday I deep conditioner with the Baking Soda Treatment.
1/2 cup of baking soda
1 cup of conditioner, I used Nexxus humectress ultimate mositerizing conditioner

sat under the heating cap for one hour. It was suppose to loosen my curls but not much.

Today will be my 2nd deep condition treatment this week. My own concoction of shea butter, tresseme rehydrating curl conditioner, and jojoba oil.

Will do this overnight and twist up tomorrow.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
last night i poo'ed with keracare Hydrating Shampoo followed with Humecto for about 20 min rinsed and followed with aphogee 2 min reconstructor.
Looking at picking up some moisturfuse this week to alternate with the Humecto
due for a 2 step next week but thinking about doing a renew strength(mizani) instead. If anyone has used this would love some feedback. thx in advance

piggyback on aubrey's(earlier post in this thread) I haven't used the JAY formula since the last time I used it and I am guessing now (in hindsight) that it truly stripped my hair of all the stuff that was in it. Not used to it feeling that way since i have been primarily using moisturizing/conditioning shampoo. I can definitely reccomend it if you are looking to get rid of product build up.
I haven't thrown the bottle out yet so it might get used when i need to clean product buildup?

Unless I order it will be hard to get any aubreys as the stores around me no longer carry it. Was told at vitamin shoppe that they are discontinuing carrying it..

Wait LB, I think you need garlic treatments and supplements more than protein for the post partum shedding. It will not stop it but it will curb it and slow it down a bit for you. I would recommend the Alter Ego Garlic treatment for the external and take some odorless kyolic garlic supplements for the internal. If you don't have the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment then make some. I have a garlic/evoo pre-poo recipe in my fotki expressly for this and it's cheap, lol. Check it out when you have a moment.

Aggie, thanks so much. I will check out your fotki and will give your recipe a try asap. Much appreciated :yep:

Don't give up I understand your frustration. Been there did that. Just rethink your regimine. What are your currently doing and with what products. Thanks
My regime is tight. I'm just tired. I wash every Tuesday & Saturday. I d/c after each wash with a combination of products. My hair isn't shedding. I'm just tired.

Don't give up I understand your frustration. Been there did that. Just rethink your regimine. What are your currently doing and with what products. Thanks

Don't give up your Help is coming. If you give up now, you'll be kicking yourself at the end of the year when those who stuck with it show all the progress they had. Keep in mind that healthy hair is a lifetime journey regardless to hair length it will always need to be taken care of.

What's got you down about your hair? Maybe some of us can help if we know whats wrong.

It take me entirely too long to do what I do and I keep it pinned up. I wear wigs daily so no one will no if I stop washing it. I'm just burnt out.:sad: My hair is so thick it is cumbersome:wallbash:.

I am so sorry to hear about your frustration mgd. Exactly what is your regimen like anyway? We may be able to help. What exactly are you having a challenge with? What is your food intake like? Are you drinking enough water?
The reggie is fine. I've become lazy and I'm tired. I spend 3 hours on Tuedays and 5 hours on Saturdays on my hair and I wear wigs. I can't see any progress. I'm not enjoying my hair because it has become a burden.:wallbash:

My regime is tight. I'm just tired. I wash every Tuesday & Saturday. I d/c after each wash with a combination of products. My hair isn't shedding. I'm just tired.
Oh ok . Well Just take a break. I only poo and DC once a week. I can't handle any more. I probably would be pooped too!:yep::yep: I wish I could say my hair to thick. Wowsers what a good thing.

The reggie is fine. I've become lazy and I'm tired. I spend 3 hours on Tuedays and 5 hours on Saturdays on my hair and I wear wigs. I can't see any progress. I'm not enjoying my hair because it has become a burden.:wallbash:
MGD, perhaps some help intpo tweakinbg your regimen would help? Why does it take you so long? Maybe if you can do your washing and DC 1x/week in a protective style that lasts a few weeks you may reduce the time it takes to do your hair weekly?

So sorry about your hair fatigue - you need to give it a break, get to miss it and love it again? I recommend a protective style that'll last weeks. Fab that you wear wigs - you can leave it be even if it looks rough, so long as it's healthy. I hope this makes sense....

PS - I wish I could take some of your hair for you... mine's so fine and sparse too, sigh...

Not managed to DC this week yet - been working nights and they get me in a frame of mind where I cannot do much (I loathe nights!!!). I finish tomorrow morning so I will apply some MT and a moisturising condish mixture when I go to sleep and will co-wash when I wake up tomorrow afternoon. Just doing the one-step as I know I won't be up to doing protein then moisture separately. I'll probably follow that with a moisturising caramel mask on Sunday. Will have to make up for it next week... i plan to start doing daily or every other day banana mask treatment like Oooop2 did when she got masses of growth and retention...

So sorry to hear this honey. I wish you the best as you move onto what works best for you and your. Don't stress too much about it, take your time and do what is best for you. If you no longer wish to be in the DC challenge, let me know, okay? Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Today is hair wash day
-I clarified with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
-I washed with CON Green
-Conditioned with 2 min Aphogee
-DC with some left over stuff DC from last week and added some LeKair Cholesterol Plus and some EVCO.

It take me entirely too long to do what I do and I keep it pinned up. I wear wigs daily so no one will no if I stop washing it. I'm just burnt out.:sad: My hair is so thick it is cumbersome:wallbash:.

OIC. It sounds like your regimen is complicated in addition to having thick hair. Maybe you do need to take a break from the DC challenge for a while. I wouldn't want to spend 3 to 5 hours at a time twice a week for my hair either. Girl, I don't even spend 3 hours when I flatiron my hair! :nono: Do what you need to do to take a break, but try to keep taking good care of your hair. Maybe you can come back to this challenge later or next year if it continues. :)

Today I deep conditioned with Bed Head Dumb Blonde-love it!! I followed up with Queen Helene Cholesterol-like it a lot. My hair feels great!

I dc'ed last Friday with ORS replenishing conditioner for 1 1/2 hrs no heat and on Wednesday with Keracare Humecto for 1 1/2 hrs no heat.

Just DC'd with shea butter cholesterol and jojoba oil. I used some aphogee provitamin leave in mixed with aloe vera juice. I put my hair in one braid, put on my satin scarf and I'm off to bed.

Been DCing twice a week with Garnier Fructuis Fortifying Mask mixed with honey, EOs, MSM powder, Tea Tree Oil, 1/2 ORS Pack, 98% aloe vera gel, a drop of neem oil (it smells something awful:perplexed:ohwell:), a little vitamin E oil with heat for an hour then overnight or for another hour. My hair feels really soft and smells good especially using that Global Goddess oil as well.

I've been doing protein treatments once a week first with Apoghee 2 step and now with Joico KPak. I can really tell the difference in how strong my hair is becomng ( less breakage). The shedding seems to be at a standstill its not as much as before but its still too much for my liking. I don't know if my garlic is helping or not.:nono:

I bought some Yes to Carrots as a co-wash and detangler but I needed to much to saturate my hair so I may start adding it to my DC mix. It smells delish tho:yep:

DC on dry hair with SitriNillah; oils/butter added to scalp: bootleg Global Goddess Hair Oil, murumuru butter, meadowfoam oil
with Yes to Carrots Mud mask
will leave on overnight...

Not managed to DC this week yet - been working nights and they get me in a frame of mind where I cannot do much (I loathe nights!!!). I finish tomorrow morning so I will apply some MT and a moisturising condish mixture when I go to sleep and will co-wash when I wake up tomorrow afternoon. Just doing the one-step as I know I won't be up to doing protein then moisture separately. I'll probably follow that with a moisturising caramel mask on Sunday. Will have to make up for it next week... i plan to start doing daily or every other day banana mask treatment like Oooop2 did when she got masses of growth and retention...

Well, this plan went to pot, lol! I was sooo tired when I got back this morning (tough night) I almost jumped straight to bed without even having a shower:blush:. Will have to DC over the weekend - been a very lazy week for my hair, sigh. I do have ayurvedic oil on my hair though, under plastic... hoping it's doing some good.

I just finished my regular Tuesday d/c and I can't help but to wonder if all of this is worth it. I just don't see the fruits of my labor and I am so disappointed with this hair. I'm going to give up this fight.

I know you've been bombarded with responses, and I'm not really part of this challenge (but I lurk!:grin:) but I just wanted to add that maybe it's time for you to look at what you are putting INTO your body; not just what you put ON your hair. Are you taking a good multivitamin? It doesn't have to be expensive. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? Your diet is the biggest contributor to your hair, and secondly is exercise. Have you ever noticed how long the hair on female track stars is? It's not because they have access to better hair care; it's because they take better care of their bodies! Exercise stimulates the scalp, which leads to hair growth. DC'ing will help your ends, but your issues could be internal. Keep up the good work and start looking at your diet and exercise before you throw in the towel!

Okay, I'm not going to be a lurker! Can I join, too, please? Here is my picture:
I hope the image worked...

Dcing right now with Joico K PAK, Suave, mixed with Shikakai, Bhrami, Alma, Horsetail & Nettle. I will finish up with a Fenugreek, Bhringraj tea rinse.

Back