DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

DC on Wed with Silk elements moisture mask. DC today with redken smooth down butter treat- ooh la la- loving my luscious curls at the moment

Ladies I had my relaxer last week , tommorow I plan on doing a Protein treatment by Aphogee, then after that I plan on DC with the 2 minute reconstructor, can I do that ladies? I normally DC for 2 hours or more, will that be ok with the 2 minute reconstructor by Aphogee? :perplexed

i'm going to wash tonight and dc overnight with aubrey organics honeysuckle rose and avocado butter.

i'll be back tomorrow to update!

Ladies I had my relaxer last week , tommorow I plan on doing a Protein treatment by Aphogee, then after that I plan on DC with the 2 minute reconstructor, can I do that ladies? I normally DC for 2 hours or more, will that be ok with the 2 minute reconstructor by Aphogee? :perplexed
I never did an Aphogee treatment, but if you're going to do that I wouldn't follow up with the 2 min reconstructor. You're going to need moisture after that.

Checkin in on wash day...
- OCT/Pantene Daily moisture renewal mix on dry hair--5 mins
- Aphogee Deep moisture shampoo
- Nutrine garlic conditioner
- SitriNillah mixed with Dabur Vatika oil--20 min w/heat 15 mins w/o
- Kenra MC/porosity control mix -- 3 mins

As long as it is the 2 minute reconstructor, then that should be fine but 2 hours is an aweful long time to keep a protein treatment on your hair I think. I keep my protien treatments on only for 20 minutes and sometimes 30 minutes. Although I don't quite follow what you are asking. If you are doing a 2 step aphogee treatment followed by an aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, then that is wayyyyy too much protein for your hair. You would definitely need a moisturizing deep conditioner after any protein treatment in my opinion.

Last edited:
:wavey:I'm new to the challenge. Here are my starting pics. Today is my DC day so I will check in again later.

Attachments

• DSCN0419.jpg
    DSCN0419.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0421.jpg
    DSCN0421.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 6
Prepood yesterday using Aggie's garlic/evoo mixture (for shedding) for 30 minutes with an electronic cap. I notice a huge improvement already during my co-wash today. Followed pre-poo with DC for 45 minutes using LeKair Cholesterol and suave as a base. Followed DC with co-wash with Joico Body Luxe.

I DC with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask with plastic cap for one hour without heat today.

Hi, I haven't checked in for a while, but I'm continuing with my 2X per week DC treatments. My last was on Wednesday with my regular mix of AE Garlic and Davine's Nounou. Tomorrow I'll DC and prep for my relaxer later in the week. I am truly amazed since until 6 months ago I was getting a relaxer every 5 weeks. I've now gotten up to 9 weeks now which for me is unheard of. I don't think it would be possible if not for all of the conditioning. Will post progress pics after my relaxer.

Dcing right now with Sitrinillah. One hour with heat and now am trying to decide when I wash it out.

I know you've been bombarded with responses, and I'm not really part of this challenge (but I lurk!:grin:) but I just wanted to add that maybe it's time for you to look at what you are putting INTO your body; not just what you put ON your hair. Are you taking a good multivitamin? It doesn't have to be expensive. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? Your diet is the biggest contributor to your hair, and secondly is exercise. Have you ever noticed how long the hair on female track stars is? It's not because they have access to better hair care; it's because they take better care of their bodies! Exercise stimulates the scalp, which leads to hair growth. DC'ing will help your ends, but your issues could be internal. Keep up the good work and start looking at your diet and exercise before you throw in the towel!

I have been slack off on my vitamins and I have been to the Wellness Center like I should but I will start today being more faithful. I slowing inching my way back towards fast food. I think I need to redirect myself. I thank God that I haven't had a set back because of my laziness.

I just wanted to let ya'll know that because of the funk that I was in I decided to relax. I went straighter than I normally would :wallbash:. I was only 10 weeks post but I was disgusted because I wasn't seeing any progress:nono:. I trimmed about 1 inch 2 weeks ago. That may have put me in a funk:wallbash:. Well, I can see just a little progress so I guess all is not as bad as it seems:yay:. Unfortunate, I will not be able to post pic because I am a personal HYH Challenge and Bootcamp Challenge:nono2:. I will keep you posted:yep: Thanks to everyone for your support. :iloveyou:
BTW: After I relaxed, I d/c under my hooded dryer with Ion Effective Care Treatment:lick: and Hot oil:lick:.
It has alot of body and its got swang:grin:.
~ttfn.

my dc came out pretty good.

i let the ao hsr marinate in my hair overnight
then in the morning i added some avocado butter
and recovered my hair for a few hours
before rinsing it all out.

my twists stayed in good condition, too
HOORAY!

DC'ing overnight on dry hair with Matrix Biolage Hydra that I added sunflower oil to.

moonglowdiva I'm glad that things are looking up for you. Try not to stress too much about your hair. I don't know if you take progress pics, but if not you might want to consider doing it even if you don't want to post them. You may find that you are getting more progress over a period of 3 to 4 months than you think you are. :D

I've had a very busy week so i didn't even dc. But i definitely plan to monday. I feel a little bad.:ohwell:

Awww wheezy, you're not bad. Life happens. I was sick for 2 1/2 weeks and couldn't do anything to my hair. It survived and so did I, and then I just jumped right back in here as soon as I could. So you continue on Monday, and all is well.:yep:

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in...wow this is my third week! How's that for consistency! I deep conditioned overnight with my favorite Ojon Restorative treatment. I love it so much I tried to make some. It came out with the right texture and smell but I could not get the right color. Anyway, I am trying my home version today and I will see how it goes. :yep:

Saturday-I deep conditioned with ABBA Pure Color Protect Conditioner. I really like this conditioner, it smells great and is an actual deep conditioner(instructions say to use for 15-20 minutes under heat). I followed that up with Blended Beauty Herbal Reconditioner(love this stuff!) and left that in overnight.

I deep conditioned last night with silk elements megasilk and rollerset on perm rods. My hair turned out so pretty!

102_1163.jpg

102_1169.jpg

102_1157.jpg

I dc'd today. I used NTM conditioning masque. I was watching YOUTUBE and saw a video by Liz Muller on ExpertVillage about repairing damaged hair. She lauded a product Semi di lino and Moroccan Oil. Now being the reformed PJ, I had a relapse and had to buy something as both products are beyond my spending limits on hair products.

I applied the NTM to my ends and roots as I am 8 weeks post. I then applied little ORS throughout, I am little apprehensive after reading some reviews on NTM on this board. Well, luckily it all turned out fine. After conditioning for 40 mins, my rollerse looks nice.

Now, I had to flat iron my roots. I have approximately 1.5 inches of new growth which is testing my patience. I am attempting to stretch my relaxer another month.

I've been a slacker for the past couple of weeks and on DC'd once per week, but now that that stressor is over, I'm back to twice a week.

Anyhow, I sitting under the dryer with ORS Replenishing Conditioner in my hair right now. :yep:

Checking in-been really bad at that, hope I am still active. I have been dc'ing at 2x a week, every week. My hair has definately improved. Especially with ayurveda, but thats another thread. Yesterday I henna'd -came out beautifully. Followed up with a dc mix of kenra mc, ao hsr, and about 1/2 tsp hisbiscus petal powder with heat for 45mins. Let my hair airday in bantu knots, and today it is so soft and frizz free. Never had these results with an airdry. If you ladies have hisbiscus, definately throw a dash in your dc, it rinses out easily also.

Last edited:
Back