DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

My fiance is now a part of the challenge (a silent part), lol. He got jealous when he saw how healthy my hair is getting so I have to DC his hair when I DC mine. So, we both DC last night with shea butter cholesterol mixed with conditioning balm and sat under the dryer. I'm going to try and sneak a picture next time, lol!

This is too cute futurescbride. It's great that he is sharing in your passionfor hair.

Was in need of some protein-so washed with Nexxus Therappe, then used Aphoghee 2 min Reconstructor and then DC'ed with AOHSR-my hair was so soft...:spinning:

Hello misstobz, thank you for posting but would you like to officially join the DC challenge so I can add your name on the front page?

Digialmuse66 - CUTE avatar!! :yep:

Hello Lovely Ladies of LHCF!

Here's my LOG! LOL!!

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
6) Jan. 30 - Coconut Milk + EVOO + Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours.
7) Feb. 7 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
8) Feb. 8 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
9) (:heart2:Valentine's Day :heart2:) Feb. 14 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
10) Feb. 16 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 5 minutes
11) Feb. 21 - THE PROCESS:
Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment - 20 minutes
Aphogee Balancer Moisturizer - 10 minutes
Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 1 hour
12) Feb. 23 - Keracare Humecto (with a shower cap) while watching HEROES - 1 hour and 15 mins.
13) Feb. 28 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 2 hours :lick:
14) Mar. 2 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - a little over 5 minutes :grin:

Quick question: Would you all consider the Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor a DC?

me~:rolleyes:

Yes, this can be used as a DC but it would be used as a mild protein DC.

As for my own update, I DC'ed with my sew in on Saturday past but was too busy to post anything then.

today:
wash with Elucence Moisture Balance+ a drop of baking soda ( I haven't clarified in a looong time)
Dc with Lustrasilk Mango/Shea Butter Cholesterol
wet bun

Sorry im late but Saturday i did a rinse with baking soda then i dc with mega tek and olive,grapeseed,castor,and vit E oil. rinses after 1 hour. My hair was soo soft.

Checking in for my 3rd week of DC'ing.

I had a rough week and a wake to go to so I only did 1 treatment this week.

On Wednesday night I slathered my hair up with Ojon restorative treatment and a bit of castor oil on the hairline and let it sit under a plastic cap overnight.

Thursday morning I detangled with my fingers again and put my hair in about 8 braids. I then washed with Aveda dry remedy and applied the dry remedy conditioner and rinsed it out. I then used Aveda damage remedy as a DC and then twisted my hair with Cantu shea butter leave-in.

I hated cutting that 3" off but I can see the difference in my hair after I twisted. I now see a nice curl on the ends of my twists instead of straggly, knotted ends. :yep:

So sorry for your loss {{{{hugs}}}}

this past saturday i washed with all soft shampoo and did a 5 minute treatment with joico k pak reconstructor(im alomst out of this and need to re-up. i said i would go back and forth between this and dumb blonde but nothing makes my hair feel like joico) and then did a 15 minute treatment with joico intense hydrator mixed with olive oil and a touch of honey. i used rusk smoother leave in and my hair has been so light and soft since. i love that leave in now, its my new staple and the fact that marshalls sale the liter for $10 is a big plus.
my hair feels so amazing.

I'm finally posting myself on here.

So here is my regimen:

-Shampoo 2x a week
-DC with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak
-and spritz of my special hair tonic made of of:
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Mega Tek
Jojoba oil
Whipped Cream (Curls)
Infusium 23 (Repair)ologie leave in treatment and
Pantene Pro V Daily Oil Cream Moisturizing

hair1.jpg

hey is it too late to join? i didn't know about the challenge and i DC twice a week already so count me in :) i've been using ORS replenishing conditioner and curls asian hair tea deep conditioner. i'll be trying out different ones as well.

hey is it too late to join? i didn't know about the challenge and i DC twice a week already so count me in :) i've been using ORS replenishing conditioner and curls asian hair tea deep conditioner. i'll be trying out different ones as well.
Welcome to the challenge kriolagirl, you've been added.

DC'd yesterday(30 mins/heat) with shescentit Avocado conditioner. This was the first time I used it...this might also be a keeper:grin:

I DC'd my hair yesterday with my AO GPB conditioner. My hair was feeling dry and a little brittle from straigtening it that week-end so I needed some protein.

I just finished my regular Tuesday d/c and I can't help but to wonder if all of this is worth it. I just don't see the fruits of my labor and I am so disappointed with this hair. I'm going to give up this fight.

I forgot to post that I dc'ed on Saturday for about 30 minutes (in the sauna) with ORS replenishing pak. I can't wait till tomorrow evening I get to DC again - it has been brutal with the weather lately and my hair needs it!

I don't know what happenned but I can't DC overnight anymore. At least not with Capilo milk and honey mixed with the cathy howse recipe. After I rinsed out and followed up with a quick conditioner my hair dried hard. I should have known that was too much protein. So I had to follow up this morning using an avocado conditioner. Much much better now. Its soft again.

I just finished my regular Tuesday d/c and I can't help but to wonder if all of this is worth it. I just don't see the fruits of my labor and I am so disappointed with this hair. I'm going to give up this fight.
Don't give up I understand your frustration. Been there did that. Just rethink your regimine. What are your currently doing and with what products. Thanks

Ironic post considering the cartoon in your siggy. :) Dont give up. Hang in there :yep:

Don't give up your Help is coming. If you give up now, you'll be kicking yourself at the end of the year when those who stuck with it show all the progress they had. Keep in mind that healthy hair is a lifetime journey regardless to hair length it will always need to be taken care of.

What's got you down about your hair? Maybe some of us can help if we know whats wrong.

I have been experiencing major post-partum shedding so I am hoping that adding more protein DCs to my reggi will help. I realize that there may not be much that I can do, but I am hoping to do 2 protein DCs then 1 moisture DC to see if this might work.

DCed today. Prepood with EVOO & Suave to help get rid of major tangles in my hair from my vacation last week. DCed with LeKair Cholesterol using an electronic cap for 1 hr. My hair feels so amazing. The EVOO makes such a huge difference in how soft my hair feels.

I am so sorry to hear about your frustration mgd. Exactly what is your regimen like anyway? We may be able to help. What exactly are you having a challenge with? What is your food intake like? Are you drinking enough water?

I don't know what happenned but I can't DC overnight anymore. At least not with Capilo milk and honey mixed with the cathy howse recipe. After I rinsed out and followed up with a quick conditioner my hair dried hard. I should have known that was too much protein. So I had to follow up this morning using an avocado conditioner. Much much better now. Its soft again.

I'm happy to hear this CC. Be very careful with the protein honey, it can make and break your hair. Just remember to keep it balanced out well. In my opinion, protein does not need to be on the hair for a very long time. A few minutes should be fine.

I have been experiencing major post-partum shedding so I am hoping that adding more protein DCs to my reggi will help. I realize that there may not be much that I can do, but I am hoping to do 2 protein DCs then 1 moisture DC to see if this might work.

DCed today. Prepood with EVOO & Suave to help get rid of major tangles in my hair from my vacation last week. DCed with LeKair Cholesterol using an electronic cap for 1 hr. My hair feels so amazing. The EVOO makes such a huge difference in how soft my hair feels.

Wait LB, I think you need garlic treatments and supplements more than protein for the post partum shedding. It will not stop it but it will curb it and slow it down a bit for you. I would recommend the Alter Ego Garlic treatment for the external and take some odorless kyolic garlic supplements for the internal. If you don't have the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment then make some. I have a garlic/evoo pre-poo recipe in my fotki expressly for this and it's cheap, lol. Check it out when you have a moment.

Back