DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

I don't know if it's a DC but here goes anyway....

Applied MT and ayurvedic oil mix to dry hair this morning and went out for a run - didn't cover, just left it like it was a leave in. When I got back home, I looked at my sweaty self in the mirror and I had these little dewey type droplets all over my hair. lol! It was dry outside, though cold. Makes me wonder if the mixture was attracting moisture/humididty? Looked like I had a fine mist of water sprayed on me?. Anyway, rinsed just over an hour later and co-washed and finished with a herbal tea rinse.

My hair certainly loves all these conditioners being applied to it even if it's just for a short while, lol. Feels strong and soft and we are so very happy and I await patiently for length, lol!

I am under my conditioning cap now with___________on my head.
-1/3 of the Pantene R&N Breakage Defense jar
-3 tsp of Castro Oil
-3 tsp of Raw Shaw Butter Oil
-5 tsp of KeraCare
-3 tsp of molasses
****Oh and I did do my Aphogee 2 min treatment for 10 mins before applying my DC.

See you ladies Monday or Tuesday for another DC session.

Checking in for my 3rd week of DC'ing.

I had a rough week and a wake to go to so I only did 1 treatment this week.

On Wednesday night I slathered my hair up with Ojon restorative treatment and a bit of castor oil on the hairline and let it sit under a plastic cap overnight.

Thursday morning I detangled with my fingers again and put my hair in about 8 braids. I then washed with Aveda dry remedy and applied the dry remedy conditioner and rinsed it out. I then used Aveda damage remedy as a DC and then twisted my hair with Cantu shea butter leave-in.

I hated cutting that 3" off but I can see the difference in my hair after I twisted. I now see a nice curl on the ends of my twists instead of straggly, knotted ends. :yep:

My fiance is now a part of the challenge (a silent part), lol. He got jealous when he saw how healthy my hair is getting so I have to DC his hair when I DC mine. So, we both DC last night with shea butter cholesterol mixed with conditioning balm and sat under the dryer. I'm going to try and sneak a picture next time, lol!

Ok, so far I am actin right and keeping up, hooray for me! Today I deep conditioned/clarified my hair using Rhassoul Clay, Coconut Milk, Goat Milk powder (trying to use it up) Chamomile powder and a little bit of neem oil. Then let it sit in my hair for an hour. Next I took extra virgin coconut oil and smoothed it all over my hair, left it on for about 5 minutes. (Thank you Sareca for everythang!) As I was rinsing it out my hair felt like I just don't know, I felt like I did not have any hair on my head it was so soft! I did not want to even do the conditioner rinse afterwards but I did anyway and now my hair is super soft and shiny. Whoo Hoo! :grin:

DC today with Lustrasilk Mango/Shea Butter cholesterol
tea rinse, leave-in, then air dry, bunning until next cowash

Earlier this week, I did a coconut milk/lime juice treatment- I know that isn't really a DC, but I am substituting it for a DC this week

I finally realized to lay off the protein for a while, it started to cause my hair to be too dry.

Was in need of some protein-so washed with Nexxus Therappe, then used Aphoghee 2 min Reconstructor and then DC'ed with AOHSR-my hair was so soft...:spinning:

Had a lazy day...DC'd with Sitrinillah and jojoba oil under a cap for 5 hours while I laid on my couch. Followed that with 2 quick applications of a Kenra/Porosity Control mix. It was twice because I mixed too much for one use-Oops

DC on dry hair with SitriNillah; oils/butter added to scalp: bootleg Global Goddess Hair Oil, murumuru butter, meadowfoam oil
with Yes to Carrots Mud mask
will leave on overnight...

Will add Joico Kpak daily conditioner and reconstructor on top of the moisture mix, leave on for additional hours then will cleanse with WEN Fig.

Moisturize and air dry

DCing with sitrinillah right now..I did a Baking soda wash last nite..and I am still DCing today ..guess i will wash it out today sometime...prolly do a ponytail rollerset..

This was a good dc week for me, and I'm keeping with my target of three times a week. I even dragged my daughters along for one of the days.

I deep conditioned with TIGI Bed Head-Dumb Blonde Reconstructor. I used it for 2 hours (half hour with heat 1.5 hours without heat) This conditioner is fantastic. I made a post earlier about the Morrocan Oil Deep Conditioner, well this gave similar results. Dumb Blonde is has protein in it but is made my hair so soft, silky, detangled and moisturized. I love it and it will be a staple. I love this challenge and I am seeing good results. Thanks again Aggie!

almost forgot to post. I washed with my favorite garnier length and strength. conditioned with porosity control, and joico kpak knockoff. Love the way my hair feels

Hi Friends - just checkin' in...Did an overnight prepoo of combo Ellin Lavar reconstructuring masque and MT - trying to use up the EL (combo came out surprisingly nice) rinsed/shampooed and followed up with Keraphix.....feels great!!!

Used Hairveda's Methi Sativa Recovery System and my hair is in love. Silky, soft, and strong! The smell of step one is not good but step two does smell good. I will use this once a month.

I used Joice K-PAK Reconstruct yesterday and hated it. I used to use this when I was relaxed and loved it. My natural hair hated it.

Morning folks....wound up retouching this weekend. Couldn't take the ng anymore - my hair is truly coarse and when the ng comes in its like i get cowlicks and the hair refuses to behave.

So I did a mizani bb saturday - used the perphecting creme' conditioner and the microfusion conditioners - so technically i did dc?

Anyway air dryed and wore a pony tail this weekend

Digialmuse66 - CUTE avatar!! :yep:

Hello Lovely Ladies of LHCF!

Here's my LOG! LOL!!

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
6) Jan. 30 - Coconut Milk + EVOO + Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours.
7) Feb. 7 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
8) Feb. 8 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
9) (:heart2:Valentine's Day :heart2:) Feb. 14 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
10) Feb. 16 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 5 minutes
11) Feb. 21 - THE PROCESS:
Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment - 20 minutes
Aphogee Balancer Moisturizer - 10 minutes
Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 1 hour
12) Feb. 23 - Keracare Humecto (with a shower cap) while watching HEROES - 1 hour and 15 mins.
13) Feb. 28 - Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 2 hours :lick:
14) Mar. 2 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - a little over 5 minutes :grin:

Quick question: Would you all consider the Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor a DC?

me~:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back