DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

checking in for this week. I inadvertently wound up dcing last night after a horrible experience with aubrey's organics JAY shampoo - NEVER AGAIN. I wound up dcing with ORS and followed that up with aphogee two minute reconstructor.

(crossing aubrey's off the list)

I have the shampoo in my wish list. What were your results like digitalmuse? Was it stripping, did it not sud up? I understand from other ladies that organic poos makes the hair feel a little stripping. Jason Natural Thin to thick does that to my hair but I actually like that shampoo because it makes my hair feel a little thicker and the accompanying conditioner smooths my hair right back to normal, so I'm okay with those kinds of results.

By the way ladies, I deep conditioned my hair yesterday with Hair One cleansing conditioner. I still have in my sew in so I am using what is easiest for me to make this sew-in last a few more weeks.

Hi LaidBak, how is the relaxer stretch coming along? Great I hope:yep:.

Hey there, thanks for asking! Well it went great. :look: I relaxed yesterday. That made 6 weeks. Longest intentional stretch ever. That last post was the DCing I did in conjunction with the relaxer.

I have the shampoo in my wish list. What were your results like digitalmuse? Was it stripping, did it not sud up? I understand from other ladies that organic poos makes the hair feel a little stripping. Jason Natural Thin to thick does that to my hair but I actually like that shampoo because it makes my hair feel a little thicker and the accompanying conditioner smooths my hair right back to normal, so I'm okay with those kinds of results.

I was truly dissapointed with this because I had read a lot of good things about it and the only thing that kept me from being truly p.o.'d was that I could only scare up one bottle at the vitaminshoppe that I picked it up from.

I can't speak to how it smells(i am getting over a cold) but I can say that when i used it it lathered up and when i rinsed it out my hair felt like steel wool and it was tangled and I didnt dare try to comb through it or do anything.It actually felt ROUGH to the touch. I immediately grabbed the ORS Olive Oil DC and put that on and threw a cap on and let it sit a good hour. I could FEEL the difference when I went to rinse my hair - it was softer and had "slip" when i rinsed the ORS out my hair was silky soft and had slip (as usual) and as an extra precaution i did a two minute reconstructor and then I just air dryed. I would never use that stuff again - not sure what that all was - My hair as I have mentioned before is very coarse but I have never had it act like that since I relaxed it and since I have been doing moisturizing/protein conditioning. I have no idea what that was but I sure know I will not repeat the process....

I am debating on picking up some moisturefuze tonight on my way home from the gym - the aphogee is good and so is the ors but I would like to see if i can find something as an alternative.

Hey ladies, I'm sorry that I've been away for a couple of weeks. I had a health battle, but I'm back now. My hair didn't seem to suffer from not being taken care of for two weeks, so I'm good to go. I did DC once last week, and once this week so far. I'm hoping to get back on schedule next week, but I'm having a difficult time getting my energy back up so I'll see how it goes.

You ladies have been conditioning and posting your butts off. Way to go, but I don't think I'm going back to read all that I've missed in the last three weeks.:nono: I'mma just start from here.:grin:

Hey ladies, I'm sorry that I've been away for a couple of weeks. I had a health battle, but I'm back now. My hair didn't seem to suffer from not being taken care of for two weeks, so I'm good to go. I did DC once last week, and once this week so far. I'm hoping to get back on schedule next week, but I'm having a difficult time getting my energy back up so I'll see how it goes.

You ladies have been conditioning and posting your butts off. Way to go, but I don't think I'm going back to read all that I've missed in the last three weeks.:nono: I'mma just start from here.:grin:

Glad you're feeling better... :grouphug:

me~:rolleyes:

Today, I finally tried my Yes to Carrots Moisturizing Mud Mask...I left it on for about 40 minutes under my steamer....and I think I like it:grin:
I'm going to try it again after my next wash and decide if it's a keeper or not.

DC yesterday with Joico moisture recovery balm for 3 hours. The first time I used this I was not that impressed. I revisited it as I needed to use it up. I have to say it is one of the best. You need to use it with heat or leave it on for a couple hours without heat. My hair was extremly soft yet felt strong and I detangled rasily as it gave a lot of slip and I lost few hairs.

DCed yesterday with keracare conditioner for color treated hair (yummy!) my hair felt good but I still had some breakage, my hair is begging me for a hardcore protein treatment like Aphogee 2 step which I will be doing on Friday.

i'm out of conditioner
so i reluctantly used my mother's lekair cholesterol
i havent rinsed yet...but i felt my hair and it actually feels pretty good

but...we'll see what happens after i rinse

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

Good. Remember to give it a mild protein treatment to further fortify the cuticle bonds. This is critical timing for adding proteins to freshly relaxed hair.
Is Aphogee 2 min good enough? I do that every wash day anyways.....
I did the 2 step the week before the relaxer.
And also I am going back to DC 2x/wk for a while until maybe March 20th when I should be getting my micros.

Last edited:
Checkin in so I can stay on task!

DC'd with a new product (new to me) called Orgnyx last night for about one hour. I did not think there was a conditioner out there that could hold its own against Ojon Intensive but this stuff was pretty darn good. Anyway, tryin to be a good girl and keep up.

HH

Monday I washed with Paul Mitchel Special Shampoo & Deep conditioned with Aphogee 2 minute for 10 minutes, and Ion Extreme Moisture Creme for 15 minutes both with heat and a cap!

Welcome back GB and glad to hear you're feeling better honey.

Is Aphogee 2 min good enough? I do that every wash day anyways.....
I did the 2 step the week before the relaxer.
And also I am going back to DC 2x/wk for a while until maybe March 20th when I should be getting my micros.

This is perfect.

Checkin in so I can stay on task!

DC'd with a new product (new to me) called Orgnyx last night for about one hour. I did not think there was a conditioner out there that could hold its own against Ojon Intensive but this stuff was pretty darn good. Anyway, tryin to be a good girl and keep up.

HH

Glad to see you trying HH. Good job so far:yep:.

I deep conditioned today with Redken's Extreme Rescue Force conditioner. I left that in for 20 min with heat. I wanted to follow up with moisture so I used Keracare Humecto in the bottle. As I was applying it to my hair my hair started to feel hard and had no slip. I ended up adding some Kenra Moisturizing conditioner and some Bedhead Moisture Manic. I am currently deep conditioning with that with heat, I will keep it in for an hour.

I DC'd my hair on Monday with AO HSR conditioner for 30 minutes with heat. Then I DC'd on Wednesday with AO Island Naturals DC for 30 minutes with heat. I flat-ironed my hair this morning and my hair turned out great, really smooth and nice, but yet strong. I definitely credit that to my frequent DC'ings.

Back