DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

oooook.... below is my starting pic for this challenge. I have already dc'ed today - washed with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and dc'ed with humecto followed by aphogee 2 min reconstructor.

use a lil bit of lacio lacio as a leave in and thats about it. This is pretty much my routine as far as dc goes. So far my hair is enjoying it so...i will stick with it and see how it goes...

Oh and im 5 weeks post relaxer - used affirm fiberguard no-lye - trying to stretch to at least 8 weeks but my hair is sooooooooooo coarse - but we will see.

picture.php
I love the shine!

I love the shine!
Thanks its only since I have been coming here and learning about taking care of my hair that its looking like that.

I am trying to stretch to 12 weeks before retouching - I used affirm fiberguard no lye and im really not happy with the ends that were underprocessed and the fact that it made my hair REAL thin so I am while stretching researching to determine what I am going to use to retouch/switch over to. Right now im leaning to mizani but nothing's definite yet.

Thanks its only since I have been coming here and learning about taking care of my hair that its looking like that.

I am trying to stretch to 12 weeks before retouching - I used affirm fiberguard no lye and im really not happy with the ends that were underprocessed and the fact that it made my hair REAL thin so I am while stretching researching to determine what I am going to use to retouch/switch over to. Right now im leaning to mizani but nothing's definite yet.

When I used no-lye relaxers I had this same problem of extremely thin, dry, brittle ends and now that I've switched over to using lye relaxers, my hair holds moisture 100 times better, my ends are recovering well and my air has better shine as well. So maybe you could consider switching to lye relaxers but do a little research on it first. I would highly recommend Sistaslick's articles on self relaxing on associatedcontent.com. Here's a direct link to many of her articles http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/83046/audrey_sivasothy.html. Hope these help you out a bit.

I'm finally under the dryer as we speak. I'm deep conditioning with SE Olive Moisturizing treatment. I ended up preepooing today only for almost 3 hours with Amla oil, i really love this SE Olive Oil Shampoo. I think my prepoo has ALOT to do with it. I'll have to try it next week by itself. Glad to be back on my mondays, now i just have to stick to it!

When I used no-lye relaxers I had this same problem of extremely thin, dry, brittle ends and now that I've switched over to using lye relaxers, my hair holds moisture 100 times better, my ends are recovering well and my air has better shine as well. So maybe you could consider switching to lye relaxers but do a little research on it first. I would highly recommend Sistaslick's articles on self relaxing on associatedcontent.com. Here's a direct link to many of her articles http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/83046/audrey_sivasothy.html. Hope these help you out a bit.

i wanted to pop in and say thank you for the link I am actually loading the page whilst typing here. I definitely am going to wind up switching I just have to decide what brand. lol I should take my time and turn it into a super-long stretch.

I deep conditioned my hair with shea butter cholesterol and conditioning balm :lick:. I sat under the dryer for 20 minutes then rinsed and airdryed in a ponytail. I now have my hair braided for my braidout tomorrow.

yesterday i pre pood with desert essence shea butter conditioner mixed with vatika frosting. then shampood with con red lable, did a 5 minute treatment with dumb blonde and did an hour treatment with moisture maniac. i dont like moisture maniac so i might take it back to the store and trade it in.

I deep conditioned with heat for 1 hour with Queen Helene Cholesterol mixed with olive oil and honey. My hair came out soooo soft and smooth. This product will be a staple because it works and is really cheap. I followed up with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship-this makes my hair really easy to detangle.

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
6) Jan. 30 - Coconut Milk + EVOO + Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours.
7) Feb. 7 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
8) Feb. 8 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
9) (:heart2:Valentine's Day :heart2:) Feb. 14 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
10) Feb. 16 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 5 minutes
11) Feb. 21 - THE PROCESS:
Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment - 20 minutes
Aphogee Balancer Moisturizer - 10 minutes
Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 1 hour
12) Feb. 23 - Keracare Humecto (with a shower cap) while watching HEROES - 1 hour and 15 mins. P.S. - I used my CHI leave-in Serum before moisturizing with Sizta2Sizta Daily Oil Moisturizer and Sealing with Haitian Castor/Palm Oil (L'Huile Maskreti).

Let me just say... even though I don't know what happened to my hair, or what caused it to fall out...:perplexed, I'm SO grateful to be a part of this challenge. You ladies are teaching me about hair care, and I'm just sayin' that... SHOOT! Anyone else :love2:ing this challenge?!

me~:rolleyes:

For 2 hours, I'd say this qualifies DDP.

Yup, I love doing it hours, sometimes I DC for an hour with megatek, then I DC for 2 to 3 hours with some type of moisturizing conditioner. I'm use to it now, I'm serious about this hair thing, I got goals girl,lol :lachen: Updated picture in siggy ladies.

:drunk::spinning::spinning:On saturday I prepood with Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and did a moisturizing DC with Aussie Moist. Yesturday I DC'd with GVP conditioning Balm for 35 minutes under the dryer my hair feels soooo soft. I am loving this challenge and learning lots about my hair.:spinning::spinning:

Did a 30 minute nexxus emergencee treatment and i'm now doing a 30 minute ORS replenishing with heat treatment. Usually prefer longer with no heat, but it's getting late!

Hey

Today I dc with Alter Ego Garlic on dry hair for about 3 hours and then I rinsed out. Applied Alter Ego conditioner and rinse out 5 mins lata. My hair is super super soft.

Hey

Today I dc with Alter Ego Garlic on dry hair for about 3 hours and then I rinsed out. Applied Alter Ego conditioner and rinse out 5 mins lata. My hair is super super soft.

Where did you end up finding the Alter Ego conditioner?
I might buy a container this weekend. I don't know if I should buy that or a different DC and just mix it up with some oils. I DC'd on Sunday for 2 hours and also did a Henna treatment.

24 Feb
-Aphogee 2 Min/phytojoba conditioner- 10 min
-Stirinillah (sp?)/olive oil -15 min w/heat
-Kenra MC/Porosity control mix -10 min in the shower

checking in for this week. I inadvertently wound up dcing last night after a horrible experience with aubrey's organics JAY shampoo - NEVER AGAIN. I wound up dcing with ORS and followed that up with aphogee two minute reconstructor.

(crossing aubrey's off the list)

I'm finally under the dryer as we speak. I'm deep conditioning with SE Olive Moisturizing treatment. I ended up preepooing today only for almost 3 hours with Amla oil, i really love this SE Olive Oil Shampoo. I think my prepoo has ALOT to do with it. I'll have to try it next week by itself. Glad to be back on my mondays, now i just have to stick to it!

I'm so proud of you Wheezy, you are really hanging in there.

i wanted to pop in and say thank you for the link I am actually loading the page whilst typing here. I definitely am going to wind up switching I just have to decide what brand. lol I should take my time and turn it into a super-long stretch.

The long stretch may turn out to be a very good idea to create some space between the no-lye and the lye relaxed hair. You will begin to notice a difference in the look and feel of them as time goes by. You will also notice that there will be a slight difference in shine of the two chemical treatments and that your hair will be able to hold moisture a lot better. All you really have to remember is to base your scalp really well. I use Mizani Butter Blend mild, and that does not burn my scalp at all, even when I forgot to base my scalp first.

Yup, I love doing it hours, sometimes I DC for an hour with megatek, then I DC for 2 to 3 hours with some type of moisturizing conditioner. I'm use to it now, I'm serious about this hair thing, I got goals girl,lol :lachen: Updated picture in siggy ladies.

Wow, girl look at you DDP. Your hair is looking amazing. Keep it up honey. ou are doing just great:yep:.

I am so ready to DC this Thursday. I kinda miss being in my hair since this relaxer.....

Good. Remember to give it a mild protein treatment to further fortify the cuticle bonds. This is critical timing for adding proteins to freshly relaxed hair.

24 Feb
-Aphogee 2 Min/phytojoba conditioner- 10 min
-Stirinillah (sp?)/olive oil -15 min w/heat
-Kenra MC/Porosity control mix -10 min in the shower

Hi LaidBak, how is the relaxer stretch coming along? Great I hope:yep:.

Back