DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

Revised: DC on dry hair with SitriNillah; oils/butter added to scalp: bootleg Global Goddess Hair Oil, murumuru butter, meadowfoam oil
added some Yes to Carrots Mud mask
will leave on overnight...

will cleanse in the a.m. and do something proteiny tomorrow...and follow up with moisture...

Update. I didn't have time to wash out, so the mix was on my head until 4:30 p.m. Sunday - then I didn't have time to do the separate protein application - so I added Joico Kpak daily conditioner and reconstructor on top of the moisture mix...and left on for two hours while I sorted the laundry...

then I cleansed with WEN Fig...and I love, love the way my hair felt and I lost minimal hair at 9 weeks post.

I'm going to do this for the next three weeks. My hair loved it.

Last edited:
Washed with Wen Fig and DCed afterwards with a mix of AO BGA and UBH protein conditioner for 45 minutes under the dryer. Rinsed and DCed with Wen again for 20 minutes no heat.

I am currently sitting under my new dryer :grin:... I'm very excited about it! Anyway, I did my aphogee 2 step treatment and immediately cowashed with garner fructis moisture works. Then I used that aphogee balancing moisturizing crap. Now I am DC'ing with GVP conditioning balm, shea butter cholesterol, olive oil and coconut oil :lick:. This is my first time ever using heat while DC'ing. I wonder if my hair will feel different.... it's hot as fire under here :ohwell:.

Well, well, well it seems I don't have any Moist Condition PRO. Why I'm just figuring this out I don't know. I could've sworn I had 1 gallon of Moist 24/7 and 1 gallon of Moist PRO. Found out tonight I have two gallons of Moist 24/7 in addtion to two 16 oz. I guess I will be putting in an order tonight. Anyway I am dcing with the rest of the Shescentit Fortifying Mask sample instead.

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)
6) Jan. 30 - Coconut Milk + EVOO + Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours.
7) Feb. 7 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
8) Feb. 8 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
9) (:heart2:Valentine's Day :heart2:) Feb. 14 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 2 hours
10) Feb. 16 - Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor - 5 minutes
11) Feb. 21 - THE PROCESS:
Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment - 20 minutes
Aphogee Balancer Moisturizer - 10 minutes
Hairveda Moist 24/7 - 1 hour
I am hoping that my developing regi - with the inclusion of the DC's (twice a week) - will help restore my hair...

THANK GOD FOR THIS CHALLENGE!! :amen:

me~:rolleyes:

I am currently sitting under my new dryer :grin:... I'm very excited about it! Anyway, I did my aphogee 2 step treatment and immediately cowashed with garner fructis moisture works. Then I used that aphogee balancing moisturizing crap. Now I am DC'ing with GVP conditioning balm, shea butter cholesterol, olive oil and coconut oil :lick:. This is my first time ever using heat while DC'ing. I wonder if my hair will feel different.... it's hot as fire under here :ohwell:.

TWIN!! I just got a new dryer too! AND I 2-stepped today too!

Great LHCF-minds think alike!! :yep:

Well, well, well it seems I don't have any Moist Condition PRO. Why I'm just figuring this out I don't know. I could've sworn I had 1 gallon of Moist 24/7 and 1 gallon of Moist PRO. Found out tonight I have two gallons of Moist 24/7 in addtion to two 16 oz. I guess I will be putting in an order tonight. Anyway I am dcing with the rest of the Shescentit Fortifying Mask sample instead.

twin...!

Washed with Wen Fig and DCed afterwards with a mix of AO BGA and UBH protein conditioner for 45 minutes under the dryer. Rinsed and DCed with Wen again for 20 minutes no heat.

Hmmmm...this sounds like a good proteiny, moisture follow up routine..
Think I'll do this tmrw but substitute the AO with Joico..:yep:

Shay72 said:

What da??

And how big is that doggone sample? :lol:

2nd dc of the week with vitale mixed with honeyquat and SAA and suave daily moisture, that will be my mix for a while

under the dryer w/bantu knots (not enuff time to airdry b4 8am service) after 1. washing w/Avalon Organics tea tree mint treatment poo
2. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
3. ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer
4. dc AO HSR, suave coconut condish, honeyquat, castor oil

hope the results are just as nice as my summer time airdried bantu knot out :crossfingers:

Hello Ladies,

Today I deep conditioned with Paul Mitchells Super Strong Treatment. My hair was a bit hard after that, so I followed up with Aussie Moist-I also used some of the Aussie Moist in my hair as a leave-in. My hair feels really good!

Hi Ladies,
I just joined the challenge although I have pretty much been dcing at least twice a week for almost a month already. Right now I am under the dryer with some Keracare Humecto on my hair. My plan is to DC with heat 2x-3x a week rotating between ORS replenishing conditioner and Keracare Humecto. They are both new finds but I love the way they make my hair feel, especially my NG. I can't wait till my hair looks as great as some of the ladies in this challenge.:grin: HHG!

DC'ing again today w/Sitrinillah on dry hair. My scalp is super tender in one spot (hormonal, I know) so I added a bit of tea tree and peppermint to the conditioner to soothe it. I've really been slipping on adding B vitamins to my condish, I need to get back on that asap.

Is that what causes that??! I am going through that now and was making hair journal entries about it. Thank you for saving me hours of research to find the cause.

Tried something new today:
-Pantene condish mixed with Roux Porosity Control left on for 2 min (left hair feeling fine)
-Roux Mendex/ORS Replenishing/EVOO mix (1 part each), plastic cap under dryer for 15 min (left hair feeling rough and kinda tangled, I was afraid to comb it)
-another 2 minutes with Pantene/Porosity Control (still didn't get the feel I wanted, but better)
-one minute with just Pantene (nope, not there yet)
-3 mins with Silicon Mix (hair was much softer)

Next time I'll try the Mendex either alone or mixed with a different conditioner.

Last edited:
Today I'm gonna clarify, use my AtOne Reconstructer for about 5 minutes and then DC with Humctress for about 45 mins(no heat).

My ends are still pretty dry...so I'm trying to find a good regimen to get them seriously moisturized!

ETA: So I changed it up a little... I left the reconstructer on for 10 minutes(no heat). Mixed the Humectress with EVOO and I'm under the steamer(on low) for about 30 mins.

Last edited:
Weekly Check-in:

Tuesday: Prepooed with warm coconut oil for 15-20 minutes, then washed out and DC'd with AO Island Naturals Conditioner.

Thursday: Washed hair then DC'd with AO GPB.

Lol...I was wondering why the other thread was locked. I thought "what kind of drama could be caused over DC'ing,?" :grin:. Anyway, I'm loving this challenge and my hair has improved, I'd say, 60% since beginning it :).

I don't know if this counts, but I co washed today for 2 hours, I used my Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner, avacado, alittle Amla oil,Pepermint oil,one egg, and couple other organic oils and blend it together in a blender, set on my hair,and used a plastic cap, and washed out, and let my hair air dry in a ponytail.:yep:

For 2 hours, I'd say this qualifies DDP.

Hi! I'd like to rejoin. I have been conditioning my hair twice a week with either Jane carter solution or Shescentit banana brulee. I love them both. My hair feels good lately as it isn't dry anymore. I also joined the rollersetting challenge which helps.

I'll add you in now hotcoco. Welcome and good luck and looking to hear about your progress.

I just dc with Alter Ego garlic for about an hour, rinse off, and then applied the conditioner (same brand). Hopefully this stop the shedding. :ohwell:

oooook.... below is my starting pic for this challenge. I have already dc'ed today - washed with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and dc'ed with humecto followed by aphogee 2 min reconstructor.

use a lil bit of lacio lacio as a leave in and thats about it. This is pretty much my routine as far as dc goes. So far my hair is enjoying it so...i will stick with it and see how it goes...

Oh and im 5 weeks post relaxer - used affirm fiberguard no-lye - trying to stretch to at least 8 weeks but my hair is sooooooooooo coarse - but we will see.

picture.php

oooook.... below is my starting pic for this challenge. I have already dc'ed today - washed with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and dc'ed with humecto followed by aphogee 2 min reconstructor.

use a lil bit of lacio lacio as a leave in and thats about it. This is pretty much my routine as far as dc goes. So far my hair is enjoying it so...i will stick with it and see how it goes...

Oh and im 5 weeks post relaxer - used affirm fiberguard no-lye - trying to stretch to at least 8 weeks but my hair is sooooooooooo coarse - but we will see.

picture.php

:blush::blush::blush: 5 WEEKS!!! YA HAIR LOOKS GOOD!!!!

I plan on doing my hair tomorrow so i guess i'll go with the SE Olive shampoo and SE Olive Moisturizing Treatment. I bought it a few weeks back and it's time i test it out. Maybe my after style will be flexi rods. I have no idea how to part my hair.:perplexed Before i go to bed tonight i'll prepoo overnight with Dabur Amla oil. I'll do an update on results/outcome tomorrow.

Back