Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braids out and I have blessed my hair with an over night blend of; alter ego, evoo, glycerine, grapeseed oil, motions cpr, cocasta shikaki oil.
It loved it!

Dced tonight with the final bit of my MD seaweed & rice (will def. restock) combined with some yes to cucumbers. Was delightful. :yep: My hair feels silken and moisturized!

halee_J said:
Welcome to the Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge 2012 (Pt.1)

:thewave:

Want better retention? More moisture? Healthier hair? More managable hair? Wanna stay up on your DC game?

This challenge is for you!

The benefits of regular deep conditioning:

[*]One THE best ways to increase and maintain proper moisture levels in the hair
[*]Improves manageability
[*]Reduces splits and breakage i.e. great for retention
[*]Effective way of maintaining protein/moisture balance

We know, but we forget, we get lazy. This challenge is to keep us consistent :yep:

Everyone is welcome! Natural, texlaxed, texturized, transitioning, and relaxed heads. Ladies with braids or cornrowed under wigs/weaves come on in!

This challenge will run in quarters:

Part 1: January 1st –March 31st
Part 2: April 1st – June 30th
Part 3: July 1st – September 30th
Part 4: October 1st - December 31st

Da Rules: :grin:

1. Deep condition at least once per week, on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per 10-14 days.

2. Shampooing is not required.

3. Deep condition using your method of choice: Heat cap, hooded dryer, steamer, hot towels or no heat.

4. You must DC for a minimum of 30 minutes.

5. Come check in at least once a week to update us on how it's going for you. Also, it would be helpful if we know what you are using as your deep conditioners of choice. This helps to inform the newbies in that we'll know if they are using the correct conditioners for their hair in an effort to avoid protein/moisture overload.

6. Let us know what kind of results you are getting from a conditioner as well, whether you liked it or not and why.

TO JOIN:
If you’d like to join, just post in the thread or send me a PM me and I'll add you

:yay:Challengers:yay:
~*~ShopAholic~*~
13StepsAhead
Adonia1987
Aggie
Ann0804
assiyrabomb
ATLcutey20
Arewa Girl
B_Phlyy
bajandoc86
bernag06
Brownie518
Brownsilk8
ChasingBliss
chelseatiara
cicilypayne
choctaw
cordei
curlyhersheygirl
DayDreamist
DesignerCurls
Diva_Esq
divachyk
earthymamawitch
ecornett
Ebonybunny
IDareT'sHair
faithVA
fiyahwerks
Golden75
Grand Prix
gvin89
Imoan
HairPleezeGrow
JazzyOleBabe
JeterCrazed
JustGROWwithIt
LaidBak
Lisaaa Bonet
Lita
leona2025
lolita1987
LoveBeautyKisses
malachi74
MaraWithLove
missjones
Ms. Tiki
Napp
NappyNelle
natura87
naturalagain2
NaturallyTori
naturalnewb
Nix08
nubiennze
Poranges
princesslocks
princesskaha
PrissiSippi
regina07
Ronnieaj
Rotasaruai
Shana'
Shay72
shortdub78
silentdove13
spacetygrss
SpicyPisces
SuchaLady
tiffers
TeeSGee
theneolution
TheNDofUO
topnotch1010
TrueSugar
YoursTrulyRE
youwillrise
wheezy807
winona
xu93texas

:dance7:JOIN AT ANY TIME! LET THE DEEP CONDITIONING BEGIN!!!!:dance7:

Please add me to the list! I'm a longggggg time lurker but I actually paid to converse with all of the lovely curlies here about 2 weeks ago. I've been DC'ing since the beginning of the year.

I will be using the following DC's in no particular order:
KBB Luscious Locks
AOHSR
Mega Tex
AOBGA
Elucence Moisture Balance
GVP conditioning balm
GVP Moisturizing conditioner
SM Deep Treatment Masque
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Color Neutral Protein Filler (I have fine hair so I need the protein balance)

I will use the following methods:
Steamer
Heat Therapy Wrap
Hooded dryer
No heat
Plastic cap over night

Happy DC'ing!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

naturalfinally thanks for tagging all of us! :lol:
I haven't exactly DC'd the last 2 weeks. :look: I need to get a better washing schedule because I end up quickly washing and conditioning before I have to go somewhere.

DCing while working on a term paper
- a dollop of Mizani Intense Strengthening Treatment
- two dollops of Mizani intense moisturizing treatment
- 1 part JBCO
- 2 parts Wheat Germ Oil

I'll probably be under this plastic cap for about 90 minutes, or until this term paper is done.

Oh I forgot to add, I covered my scalp with Hair Trigger before I applied the condish.

Last edited:
choctaw said:
still doing overnight ayurvedic dc with mix of powders, oils and conditioner

Which powders are you using? I have a bunch but I usually just add them to my henna. I'd love to DC with some. TIA!

Grand Prix said:
naturalfinally thanks for tagging all of us! :lol:
I haven't exactly DC'd the last 2 weeks. :look: I need to get a better washing schedule because I end up quickly washing and conditioning before I have to go somewhere.

I read through the whole thread! Lol! A little over excited I guess!

I getting back in the game. Will do an overnight dc with Mozeke Carrot Protein Mask.

Been MIA for a bit. Was in kinky twist for the past month, and got lazy. And I just feel its so hard to DC proper with the extension hair. But since I plan to be twisted for a while, I need to come up with a plan, and be consistent. So I will be DC-ing like a mad woman for the next few weeks, until I do my next install.

Hey naturalfinally :wave: Welcome to DDDC!

Ugh, my hair is starting to tangle @ the demarcation line. I don't know why it's doing this now, my transition has been relatively smooth up until this point. I'm trying not to mess with my hair too much, the relaxed ends are not as strong as my NG and I want to hang onto them as long as I can. But my hair isn't doing as well moisture-wise when with the 7-10 day DC shedule, which I honestly feel is contributing to the tangle situation, so I'm gonna try to get back to more frequent DCs.

Tomorrow, I will pre-poo with my ceramide oil mix, poo with CON green and DC with ORS replenishing at least 1 hr, no heat.

Steaming now with the same ol' KBB, AOHSR, avocado oil, and honey. I slacked off this week and skipped my mid-week DC...my hair was not pleased, especially since I henna'ed last weekend.

Sorry for the inactivity on my part in this challenge. I have been DCing religiously everytime I wash my hair. Yesterday, I dc'd with SSI Banana brulee and Mozeke Grapeseed Cond.

oooh boy, I am feeling excited about DC day tomorrow. I will do the whole hair spa day thingy again. I will update exactly on what I will be doing later. I wanted to henna my hair this weekend, but I don't think that will happen afterall since I haven't even mixed it yet:nono:. Maybe next week:look:!

I have been dcing weekly/twice weekly. I have been using Salma Hayek's DC which I purchase at CVS for $10. It is a disappointment for me. Nothing special and since I'm heavy handed that bottle is just about gone.

I have only been dcing and airdrying and then wearing my hair out big and fluffy or in a bun. I checked today and my longest layer is wl:look:, but I won't be claiming it until I can get the other layers pretty close.:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back