Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2012 (Part I)

I would like to join but i have been feeling discouraged lately not having a good DCer i really DESPERATELY NEED MOISTURE! i really need some suggestions?:look:
also can someone plz explain the coffee tea thing? i have absolutely no idea:nono:

kailand,

Response to using tea/coffee with dc:

I use an ayurvedic tea (equal parts of catnip, hibiscus, fenugreek) to spray my hair before applying oil dc. I use this combination of teas because my results are increased moisture; reduced shedding and single strand knots.

I mix up a dc paste using a few teaspoons of ayurvedic powders, tablespoon of oil and several ounces of conditioner.

I spray my hair with the tea and apply the paste from root to ends, massage my scalp and cover head with a plastic cap. I leave the paste in overnight or for a few hours. I rinse it out in the shower and follow with shampoo and conditioner or oil rinse to get the powder out of my hair.

You can simplify this process by spraying your hair with the tea of your choice and applying your favorite dc over it.

HTH

DC'd on dry hair for an hr using ORS replenishing condittioner, shampoo,then apply Kenra MC while i showered. my hair was so moisturized and detangled, my comb just glid through with no snaging and im about 3 mths post relaxer.

THANK YOU ALL! for the support I feel so welcome and ready to start this HHJ! product info i will be doing some research on them all! I'll search the product exchange too b/c my college town is short on bss and big on multicolored weaves -__-

1. I'm relaxed but i never touch up less than 8 weeks apart
2. My current regimen
-Weekly-
Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo & Cond.
Aphogee Keratin 2 min
-Daily-
Aphogee pro vitamin
Mizani Rose H2O cond.(not quite sure if its working)
Mizani H2O night
Dr. Miracles Temple & nape (makes some parts of my hair dry & i think my cat wants to devour it)
Shea moisture cond. as a leave in
EVCO
(i just ordered a beemine trial of the daily moisturizer!)
I usually air dry and then flat iron but i just got curlformers because i prefer a polished curly look and !!the heat is thine enemy!!
3. I did not like ION products =/, or Biolage, Nexxus Emergency for some reason just made my hair matted and awful & Hair One was a short lived success!
4. Nexxus Humectress, Salerm Reconstructor phials are amazing but difficult to find, IC Reconstructor
**also i'm confused ladies the Aphogee 2 min is a keratin treatment not a DC right? so the effects are diff?**

Prepoo with evco followed by Ayurvedic tea rinse left in. DC'd on top of rinse with a mix of AOHSR, EVOO, EVCO, honey, and powders of brahmi and maka. My hair felt soft and moisturized!

DCing on dry hair with Mizani Keratin Strengthening mixed with Mizani Intense Moisturizing treatment, wheat germ oil, and JBCO.

Welcome to LHCF kailand.

It's going to take some time to find products that agree very well with your hair but as a couple of the ladies mentioned, just deep conditioning your hair will add benefit to your hair journey.

I have to be honest, what truly helped me was first getting to know my hair which by the way, takes time, ingredients in hair products and their affects on my 4a/b hair, etc...

Now I got a lot of my information from here - http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/83046/audrey_sivasothy.html. Just scroll down and go through the articles you think you will need the most but don't purchase any products from it just yet, just in case you get carried away like I did when I first started and became a product junkie in like minutes:grin:

You really can't go wrong with Aubrey Organics conditioners especially the GPB one for a light protein treatment and White Camellia for a deep conditioner. They are fairly affordable and a great place to start.

For shampooing you want to try something else though. Elucence shampoos are the bomb - all of them! You will need a good moisturizing shampoo and a clarifying shampoo to start. If you want to add a protein or volumizing or color-treated poo as needed later on, you can.

But start simple and go from there. I like to alternate and switch up between at least 3 or 4 main brands so that my hair does not get immune to my products and simply stop responding to them. By switching them up a bit, my hair just keeps responding and gets healthier.

Take your time and if you get a little overwhelmed, remember to come right back up in here and seek help. You are not on this journey alone.

By the way, I love and use Keracare, Moroccanoil, Aubrey Organics products and getting ready to add Kerastase - about 2 to 3 complete lines in this one, Supergirl's Silk Dreams, and some Biolage (I have used before and loved) and Redken conditioners (new to Redken anything) and then I think I'm done with experimenting with hair products.

kailand, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor is a mild protein deep that can be used as a deep treatment. The Aphogee 2 Step on the other hand is a hardcore protein typically used once every 6-8 weeks if needed. I'd be careful with this one.

kailand

I agree with leona in that you just keep Dcing until you find one you really like. Every little bit helps, there are a lot of great suggestions here. I personally love Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing conditioner.The Aubrey Organics conditioners are nice too, especially the honeysuckle rose and the White Camellia.

Just be aware the the aphogee 2min is a protein conditioner, i.e. more strength and repair than moisture. So yes, the effects are different to a mositurizing DC. You need both strength and moisture, so see if your hair likes alternating them each wash or follow up the aphogee with a moisture DC.

Looks like you have the basics covered and you know to keep heat to a minimum. I'd really try to cut down the heat now that you're trying to increase the moisture in your hair. You'll get the hang of it :yep: hope I've been helpful.

Sprayed hair with tea (catnip, hibiscus, fenugreek).
Applied paste of ayurvedic powders (amla, brahmi, maka, neem, fenugreek); oils (coconut, neem, tea tree); and conditioner (Suave Humectant).

THANK YOU ALL! for the support I feel so welcome and ready to start this HHJ! product info i will be doing some research on them all! I'll search the product exchange too b/c my college town is short on bss and big on multicolored weaves -__-

2. My current regimen
-Weekly-
Aphogee Keratin 2 min
-Daily-
Aphogee pro vitamin
Mizani H2O night
Dr. Miracles Temple & nape (makes some parts of my hair dry & i think my cat wants to devour it)
EVCO
I usually air dry and then flat iron but i just got curlformers because i prefer a polished curly look and !!the heat is thine enemy!!
3. I did not like ION products =/, or Biolage, Nexxus Emergency for some reason just made my hair matted and awful & Hair One was a short lived success!
4. Nexxus Humectress, Salerm Reconstructor phials are amazing but difficult to find, IC Reconstructor
**also i'm confused ladies the Aphogee 2 min is a keratin treatment not a DC right? so the effects are diff?**

Welcome kailand!

Your regimen seems very heavy with protein-laden products. First, I would not use Aphogee ProVitamin every day. How about trying it 2-3x a week? Second, I would reduce the shampoo usage and Aphogee 2 Min treatment to every other week. The Shea Moisture cannot balance an Aphogee conditioner- especially not after shampooing.

Remember, products labeled "strengthening, restructuring, for damaged hair" typically coat the hair with proteins to make the strand stronger. However, the strands need moisture "water, for dry hair, humectants, etc" to be pliable, flexible, and not break off.

Tips To Try:

-Use SM conditioner to co-wash and rotate it with the shampoo every other week. On co-wash days, use protein conditioner.
-Find a deeep moisture based conditioner to use every other week. I love Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. You can use the dc of your choice on shampoo days.
- You can switch those days at your leisure; I just used those parameters as an example. :)

I hope I answered your questions and gave some assistance. I'm on my phone, so I hope my wording and formatting were clear!

halee_J Thanks for the tag!

kailand, you've got waaaaaay too much going on here. If you're wearing your hair out everyday, find a good DC to use once a week and put a little EVCO on your hair nightly. You'll need a moisture DC, not a protein DC. Look at the way it's labeled. It'll tell you it's purpose. Lately I've been using Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and/or Miss Keys 10 en 1. Good luck to you!

2. My current regimen
-Weekly-
Aphogee Keratin 2 min
-Daily-
Aphogee pro vitamin
Mizani H2O night
EVCO

Bagged hair in Shikakai oil under drier for 10 mins, shampoo herbal essence anti frizz, almond oil + Skala avocado bagged 30 mins, aphogee 2 minutes, aveda remedy 10 mins :)

Massaged my scalp with JBC lavender and applied coconut oil to my length. Left that in for a day and now DCing with Alterna Caviar and Alter Ego Garlic Treatment.

Deep Conditioning tonight with: Marie Dean's Coffee & Kokum with a Cup of Columbian Supreme underneath for the Ultimate Coffee experience.:lick:

Dced earlier with AO RM and HSR that I found in the back of my cabinet. I like the conditioners but I don't like the fight that it takes to get the conditioner out of the bottle.

I prepoo'd for a few hours today with EVOO then shampooed it out. Now I'm DC'ing with ORS Replenishing conditioner will leave this in for about 45mins. Going to work out......

kailand I cosign with everything the others have suggested above. You dont have to be a product junkie and try everything under the sun. The key to DCing is consistency. Your hair will thank you for it. Welcome to LHCF! Take time to browse threads - you will find a wealth on info here. HHG!

Steamed for 30 minutes this morning with KBB mask, AOHSR, avocado oil, and honey and baggied all day. About to hop in the shower in a few to rinse.

DCed Friday with AO blue green algae(protein) for an hour followed up with CJ argan and olive mixed with agave nectar and olive oil (moisture) overnight.

Prepooing now and have my black tea rinse cooling and getting ready for deep DCing with Softsheen Duo Tek mixed with AO Swimmers conditioner to lighten the effect of the protein treatment.

Moisture Dcing with AO HSR conditioner and I might mix it with something with a deeper moisturizing effect (like my SD Vanilla Silk Cream) depending on how my hair feels after the protein treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back