Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprayed hair with tea (catnip, hibiscus, fenugreek) and oiled scalp and hair with palm butter and coconut oil. will shampoo with giovanni 50:50 and follow with neem oil rinse.

Last night I applied an ayurvedic tea-coffee-acv rinse under my DC (Marie Dean Seaweed & rice). Hair felt amazing when I put it on and when I rinsed it out this morning. :)

DCing right now with hemp seed oil and AO GPB. I know my hair is happy that I've finally had time to pamper her properly.

Dc'ed most of the day with:
AOHSR
2 capfuls of Jbco
Jojoba oil
A drop of honey
Suave humectant
Tea tree oil therapy oil
Wgo
I mixed it all and heated it in the microwave for like 20seconds

Not sure if my DC was delicious but got it in. Applied coffee castor oil to my scalp and then DCd with AO GPB under a heat cap for 15 minutes. It was late so I stopped it short.

Mizani Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner is slowly winning me over. The first time I wasn't sure if I liked it even a little bit.

I just used it for the second time, and I'm starting to like it. I wonder what my third experience with it is going to be like:rolleyes:.

It sure smells good to me - but seems like after putting it on my head though:perplexed:

ETA: You know what? It is moisturizing but it has some strengthening properties in it as well. It does not give me the same silky soft feeling like my sweet Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner:lick:.

I don't think it is a keeper afterall:nono: - I already have quite a bit of strengthening conditioners in my stash and not sure if I want to add another one.

Did protein DC on dry hair with my beloved AOGPB as usual. For my moisture DC - I did an ayurvedic paste (amla/brahmi/fenugreek/hibiscus/burdock root/marshmallow root), after coating my hair thoroughly with coconut oil (infused with cinnamon and black cumin).

Steamed for an hour & baggying overnight with the last of last week's mix.

I've jerry-rigged a new method of steaming using my humidifier and a garbage bag, lol. I'm not sure how I feel just yet--I'll likely have a more concrete opinion tomorrow after I rinse--but so far, while I like the fact that I know actual steam is penetrating my hair, it's logistically a bit awkward. The bag kept collapsing and blocking the steam flow, and when I readjusted I'd sometimes get a very concentrated "burst" that led to some less-than-pleasant hot spots. :perplexed

It was consistent for the most part, though, and those periods were very soothing/relaxing. I love that I can add EOs into the little inhalant chamber (I used rosemary; may add a bit of lavender next time). I'm thinking about trying again with a stiffer/smaller bag. :scratchch

DC'd last night for an hour with Beautiful Textures Rapid Recovery DC. At first, I was a bit skeptical about it when I was applying it, but after I rinsed it out, my hair felt soft and moisturized. I actually liked it.

Returned to add my starting pic. I plan to DC tomorrow night. Will return to post. I need a trim and will ge getting one shortly.

Attachments

• Length Check 3.jpg
    Length Check 3.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 7
Prepoo'ed today with Chicoro's moisture drench avg/evoo/evco prepoo:lick:,
Shampooed with Avalon Organics Biotin thickening shampoo
Black tea and caffeine rinsed
Currently DCing with Keracare Creme Humecto:lick:
Will be using Keracare leave-in after washing out my dc:lick:
Sealing with JBCO

Status
Not open for further replies.