Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! i will be on schedule for my dc Tues.! will be dc'ing with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm hopefully with my new steamer!

Added coconut oil and flax seed gel with a plastic cap and my heat therapy wrap for the last hour.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I DCEd yesterday morning. My weekly routine is to DC on Wednesdays nights and on Saturday morning. Plan on using a steamer on Wednesday. Usually use a shower cap and tie my head down with towel while I do chores. I may need to alternate between these methods as I am not sure if one is better than the other.

Yesterday moved up my protein treatment a week

Dudley DRC 28
Moroccan Oil Intensive Hydrating Mask

Both with heat before blowdrying using the tension method(OMG it looked like I had massive amounts of hair) and getting a 1inch trim:)

My hair feels lovely in a braided bun

Re: Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2012 (Part I)

I would like to join but i have been feeling discouraged lately not having a good DCer i really DESPERATELY NEED MOISTURE! i really need some suggestions?:look:
also can someone plz explain the coffee tea thing? i have absolutely no idea:nono:

Last edited:
Hey welcomekailand :) don't be discouraged, we're more than happy to help. If you don't mind answering few questions that'll help us give a more tailored recommendation:

1. Are you relaxed or natural?

2. What's your current regimen? (include products)

3.What conditioners have you tried that DID NOT work for you?

4. Are there any conditioners you did like?

ETA: I see your new, Welcome to LHCF!:dance7::band2::band:

Last edited:

Don't be discouraged. It took me awhile to figure out what works but since then I don't even remember my hair hasn't felt awesome:) How are you going about figuring out what does/doesnt work? What helped me the most was creating a journal.

For me it is an excel document that has the following headings
Date Activity Product Results Concoctions

Under product I listed the ingredients of that particular product. After awhile(couple months) I noticed trends of the products my hair loved and hated.

Some of my fans:)
Hard protein Dudley DRC28 (short of money no problem DuoTex)
Moisturizing Moroccan Oil Intensive Hydrating Masque (short of money no problem Silicon Mix or Aussie 3min moist)

In trying to find what works for me I have accumulated soooo much that I am trying to use up so I stick to my favs or alternatives:)

Sorry for being so long winded. HTH

I would like to join but i have been feeling discouraged lately not having a good DCer i really DESPERATELY NEED MOISTURE! i really need some suggestions?:look:
also can someone plz explain the coffee tea thing? i have absolutely no idea:nono:

kailand I started off as a product junkie. Every product ever raved about on LHCF I purchased. I think even if you don't have your holy grail products just dcing will still benefit your hair. My hair grew and thrived while I was trying to find my holy grail.

Silicon Mix the original is my holy grail product. It's fairly cheap and I use it to Dc as well as a little for a leave in. If I need a light protein I always use Aphogee 2 minute or Nutress Protein pack. If I need a heavier protein I use Duo Tex.

I also love lacio lacio. I mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle to damping my hair for braidouts and dry roller sets. The thing I used to get mixed up was the difference between a moisturizing conditioner and slippage. For me some conditioners did moisturize my hair, but didn't provide enough slip. I just used a cheapie conditioner afterward like Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.

With Silicon Mix I never have to. For me it provides excellent slip. I hope that helps. :grin: For me the best part of the HHJ was experimenting with new products. I love Silicon Mix, but I still go the bss weekly to look:look:.

@kailand I started off as a product junkie. Every product ever raved about on LHCF I purchased. I think even if you don't have your holy grail products just dcing will still benefit your hair. My hair grew and thrived while I was trying to find my holy grail.

Silicon Mix the original is my holy grail product. It's fairly cheap and I use it to Dc as well as a little for a leave in. If I need a light protein I always use Aphogee 2 minute or Nutress Protein pack. If I need a heavier protein I use Duo Tex.

I also love lacio lacio. I mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle to damping my hair for braidouts and dry roller sets. The thing I used to get mixed up was the difference between a moisturizing conditioner and slippage. For me some conditioners did moisturize my hair, but didn't provide enough slip. I just used a cheapie conditioner afterward like Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.

With Silicon Mix I never have to. For me it provides excellent slip. I hope that helps. :grin: For me the best part of the HHJ was experimenting with new products. I love Silicon Mix, but I still go the bss weekly to look:look:.

I totally believe this:yep:

I'm not an expert, but I have had success with DCing. If you use shampoo, make sure you start with a good moisturizing one. I use Aphogee Deep Moisture shampoo. Then select a good moisturizing condish. I use Mizani Intense Moisturizing treatment. But I also love Nexxus Humectress, Matrix Biolage Ultra Moisturizing Balm, and Kenra MC. These have all given me amazing softening results.
You can add an oil to enhance moisture, if you are so inclined. I use Wheat Germ oil and JBCO.
If I really need moisture I either steam with the condish in my hair for 15 minutes, or I put a plastic cap on for an hour or so and go do chores or something. That way my body heat can create steam in the cap.

Forgot to add. My hair does so much better when I dilute my shampoo. Out of habit I feel like I have to poo every week to every other week. So I use 5oz distilled water, 1tablespoon of moisture poo, 1tablespoon of oil. My hair is clean without being crisply:)

Used Shi-Naturals Growth Tea to dampen my hair, DC with Mozeke Moisturizing Masque for about 2hrs while I ran errands. Super soft & silky hair! Very pleased!

Last edited:
kailand, a few things already stated are spot on.

-Aubrey Organics White Camellia is an excellent conditioner. You can find it at health stores such as GNC, Vitamin Shoppe or online at Vitacost.

-My absolute fav is Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.

-DCing (or steaming in my case) will benefit your hair regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back