Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC Sunday with Giovonni Smooth As Silk, Pratale Silk Worm, Grapeseed oil, Safflower oil, and CHI Silk Infusion mix.

Today will DC ponytail length only with African Pride Hair Mayo.

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this challenge :yep:. Looking forward to picking up some useful tips. Experiencing some breakage at the moment in my nape area so hoping to grow this area out by the end of this challenge.

I plan on DCing on Wednesdays and Sundays each week.

DCed last night with a mixture of mayo, Elucence Condish, and Jason AloeVera Condish...I saturated my edges and nape area ahead of time with 100% natural shea butter as my hair is feelign extremely dry in these spots. I walked around under shower cap for a few hours then rinsed out.

Did a pre silk dreams,washed,Silk Dreams Mocha Dc 45min,Rinsed with Bear Fruits Coffee con,Silk Dreams Mocha leave-in,applied little pre on ends & sealed with Coffee oil blend...

*Hair feels,looks & smells good..Soft & detangled...

Cant wait until my Coffee Bean Butter arrives & Green Tea Butter too..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I was running late this morning so I put some SitriNillah on my hair to refresh my curls (it worked well) and it's been on there allllllll day lol I cant wait to rinse it out i know my hair will be :drool: worthy

"Steaming" for an hour with KBB mask + the last of my AOWC, avocado oil, and honey.

I think I'm going to love this mix (which is unfortunate considering I'm all out of AOWC and never particularly cared for it until now :ohwell:). Though it smells :barf: it looks--and feels--:lick:. All buttery and decadent and mint green, lol.

overnight dc with maka, brahmi, amla powders, neem oil and Tigi Superstar conditioner. spray hair with moisturizing tea (hibiscus, fenugreek, catnip) before applying the paste.

Anyone every try diluting something like the AO White Camellia or the AO GPB with water or AVG/AVJ before applying it for a DC? How did that work out for you?

Anyone ever use AO GPB with honey? Yeah I know its weird, just brainstorming.

faithVA said:
Anyone every try diluting something like the AO White Camellia or the AO GPB with water or AVG/AVJ before applying it for a DC? How did that work out for you?

Yes, call myself thinning it out an stretching the product. Worked like a charm! It didn't change the results...hair still soft and easy to detangle.

faithVA I put the AVG on my hair first (to dampen plus the goodness of AVG) then apply the AO WC or GPB (I haven't tried actually diluting the conditioner in the bottle)

Yes, call myself thinning it out an stretching the product. Worked like a charm! It didn't change the results...hair still soft and easy to detangle.

Thanks gvin89. I thought this would work but figured I would get some reviews.

Did you use water or AVG/AVJ?

@faithVA I put the AVG on my hair first (to dampen plus the goodness of AVG) then apply the AO WC or GPB (I haven't tried actually diluting the conditioner in the bottle)

Thanks Nix08. I was looking at diluting it in the bottle. Hoping it will apply easier and that I could use less. Because of the tightness of my curl, application can be time consuming and I would love to shorten the time.

Deep conditioning overnight tonight with Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner. I hope my hair feels wonderful in the morning.

faithVA said:
Thanks gvin89. I thought this would work but figured I would get some reviews.

Did you use water or AVG/AVJ?

I've tried both, now opt for water so I do not have to refrigerate. There wasn't a difference between the year.

I've tried both, now opt for water so I do not have to refrigerate. There wasn't a difference between the year.

Thanks. Yes having to refrigerate is a deterent for me as well. I plan on trying this tonight with the GPB. Will mix it with a bit of water to see how it comes out.

DCed with CJ's Deep Fix for three hours. I tried to leave it on but it was too heavy as a leave in for me, but I still like it as a DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back