Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I started the year off right! I used henna for the first time last night. The I applied AOWC and went to bed (because I was too tired to do anything else). I can't wait to see/feel the results.

DCed yesterday with electric bonnet steamer (soft). Washed with Roux Perosity Control shampoo. Applied Soft Sheen Carson Reconstructor for 5 mins with shower cap. Followed with Regis Salon Olive Oil Hair Mask for 30 mins. I applied a small amount of Pantene R & N after the treatment and detangled.

Count me in pretty please!

I added you.

I will be steaming with Yes to Carrots Mud Mask today. It was a staple but I want to get more for my money so now I am on a use up campaign with it. 8 oz dc's are really not worth my money so I prefer vendors that sell at least 16 oz, liters, gallons, etc.

Well....Even though I DC Weekly, I started 'this Challenge' Officially Yesterday.:yep:

I DC'd for about an hour and a half under My Heat Cap with the Remainder of my Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment.:lick:

I have too many DC'ers Currently Open and too Many others to even List (Shay is very aware of this:look:).

So, I will be starting with the Ones that are Open Using them up Weekly and Working My Challenge that way.

Next to Go Down will either be Keratase Oleo Relax or L'anza Kukui Nut DC, or Joico Moisture Treatment Recovery Balm. Whichever; I will solely stick to one DC until Completely Used Up before moving on to the next.:nono:

Did a protein teatment today and DCed with Queen Helene Cholesterol with a plastic cap for 30 minutes. I've got myself on a set washing schedule (every Tuesday and Friday) so I'll be DCing twice a week for the duration of this challenge.

I dc'ed yesterday with ORS replenishing conditioner and added coconut oil for the first time. I used the samanthajones steam treatment and my hooded dryer. I've been dc'ing every wash since September and never has my hair come out so soft and moisturized as it did when I added the coconut oil. AMAZING!!

I've been DC'ing 3xs a week since November. I use AO HSR mix with rice bran oil or Panteen Natural and Relaxed Deep Conditioning Mask.

Did a protein teatment today and DCed with Queen Helene Cholesterol with a plastic cap for 30 minutes. I've got myself on a set washing schedule (every Tuesday and Friday) so I'll be DCing twice a week for the duration of this challenge.

Thats my schedule too.

Checking in, I DCed today with Nexxus Humectress and Vatika Oil. I didn't use any real heat because I have no heat source right now, but I left the conditioner on for about three hours and I used a warm towel.

Well....Even though I DC Weekly, I started 'this Challenge' Officially Yesterday.:yep:

I DC'd for about an hour and a half under My Heat Cap with the Remainder of my Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment.:lick:

I have too many DC'ers Currently Open and too Many others to even List (Shay is very aware of this:look:).

So, I will be starting with the Ones that are Open Using them up Weekly and Working My Challenge that way.

Next to Go Down will either be Keratase Oleo Relax or L'anza Kukui Nut DC, or Joico Moisture Treatment Recovery Balm. Whichever; I will solely stick to one DC until Completely Used Up before moving on to the next.:nono:

I would like to join and I love T's idea.

I currently have Shescentit's Fortifying DC on under a cap, and I'll follow it up with Shescenitit Avocado.

Checking in, but I haven't DC'd yet. I'm just trying to start off the year right by holding myself accountable.
I am still vacationing in Va Beach. When I get back home on Monday I will start.

I have washed and conditioned while here and I make sure to leave the condish on for a while (longer than directed) before I rinse out.

I do DC weekly but I've been lazy about it. I mostly just slap it on for a few minutes in the shower.

Plus I'm looking into this list of DCs that I can't wait to try.

Followed up protein treatment by DCing with Queen Helene for 30 minutes with a shower cap. I'm leaving tomorrow for temporary duty in Florida for a month and my only concern is what products to bring lol. I'm seriously considering bringing my soft bonnet blowdryer attachment so I can do my ghetto steam treatments still lol.

Going out of town for a business trip Monday. I have to catch a flight and there's no way I can take my stand up hair dryer w/ me. I don't even own a blowdryer/flat iron so even that's out. Lawd. I won't be able to do my hair for 2 weeks. I'm going to go through withdrawal. :(

Last edited:
Going out of town for a business trip Monday. I have to catch a flight and there's no way I can take my stand up hair dryer w/ me. I don't even own a blowdryer/flat iron so even that's out. Lawd. I won't be able to do my hair for 2 weeks. I'm going to go through withdrawal. :(

Maybe you can wear buns, or a french twist if you don't like buns....orrrrrr you could do an out style and pin it up into an updo.

Did a DC with silicon mix and 10 in 1 with some honey and evoo added. Washed it out with Aussie moist shampoo(which I am starting to love) and followed it up with giovanni sas with some vaseline and coconut oil on my ends. I wanna do another dc before the weekend is over but we shall see depends on what on sale this weekend when i go by the beauty supply.

I deep conditioned with CD Black Hair Smoothie for the first time today. It was ok i guess....nothing special IMO. Thursday I DC'ed with AO HSR with a little EVOO and it left my hair really soft. That one's a keeper....

I prepooed with Olive Butter
Wash with diluted Elucence Shampoo
DC with Vatika Frosting and AOHSR overnight

I will be steaming with Yes to Carrots Mud Mask today. It was a staple but I want to get more for my money so now I am on a use up campaign with it. 8 oz dc's are really not worth my money so I prefer vendors that sell at least 16 oz, liters, gallons, etc.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I decided to leave my cassia gloss in overnight so I will be dcing with YTC today.

I've changed my DC's, for the final time now because I truly am in love.

Jasmine's Bath & Beauty:
-Avocado & Silk DC
-Ultra Nourishing DC

I dc'd on the 31st with AOHR, but I'm not sure if I like the way my hair felt. I think my hair prefers dc'ers with cones in them, like the Pantene Relaxed and Natural conditioner that comes in a jar (which I haven't used in 2 years...sleeping on that one). Sure, I can detangle well enough with the AOHR, but it just isn't doing it for me right now. I didn't use heat, so the next time I will. If there's no change then I might just switch conditioners.

I've also decided that I will be doing cassia treatments either once a month or once every three weeks. But, I won't be doing that until probably the end of February/beginning of March. That's when I can actually afford to buy more, LOL.

I dc'd this morning with Skala G3 Ceramides masque mixed with Matrix Biolage Cera-Repair. I used the heat cap for 30 minutes. :lick:

So I got all my products together that I'm taking to Florida:

NTM Cream Lather Shampoo
full bottle of ORS Mayo and ORS Replenishing that i mixed together
Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
Aussie Hair Insurance
Hot Six Oil
Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade
BB Mayonnaise and Honey

I'm only gonna be gone a month but I wanna be prepared in case I do a protective/low manipulation style other than a twist/braidout lol

Back