Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I DC'ed on the 31st with AOWC mixed with Avalon Organics Lavendar Con w/ Babassau oil, baggied and placed a hot towel on my head for about an hour. I loved the results. It's braided now, but looking forward to DC'ing next Friday.

So I got all my products together that I'm taking to Florida:

NTM Cream Lather Shampoo
full bottle of ORS Mayo and ORS Replenishing that i mixed together
Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
Aussie Hair Insurance
Hot Six Oil
Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade
BB Mayonnaise and Honey

I'm only gonna be gone a month but I wanna be prepared in case I do a protective/low manipulation style other than a twist/braidout lol

Sounds like you have a plan which is great. 99.9% of my products I purchase online. I've decided when traveling longer than a long weekend I will go shopping once I reach my destination for store products that I do like. This would include Patene Relaxed & Natural, Aussie Moist, Herbal Essence, Taliah Wajiid, and if desparate V05. This way I don't have to go to a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. I could go to the grocery store, CVS, Walmart, Kmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens or Target for what I need.

Hey DDDC Divas! I DC'd on the 31st (close enough to the New Year, right) under steam with a combination of: Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery, Avocado Oil (one of my hair's fave oils) and Jamacian Castor Oil (still tryna figure out how to use this product). Anyhoo, the combo was thick (thanks to the Rapid Recovery) not great smelling but not stanky either. I didn't notice anything spectacular about my hair after immediately applying the product and after sitting under my streamer for an hour my hair was soft, defined and easy to detangle, but that's after any DC I've used with steam. All in all I give this combo a 6/10: a little better than average since #1 it's very thick (alil goes a long way), #2 because it was a BOGO items and #3 because I'm using up my stash (YES!!). I won't be repurchasing this Miss Jessie's product and if I can't figure out how my hair likes the Jamacian castor oil I may not be repurchasing this either. Happy Growing, see y'all next week...:peace:

i'm going to do my standard routine today: prepoo with mane n tail and coconut oil with heat for 20 minutes. cool for 10. wash with hair one. apply pantene time renewal deep conditioner with castor oil. deep condition with heat for 50 minutes. cool for 10.

Tonight I'm going to wash, then DC with my Nexxus Phytoorganics ENPHUSE followed by Keracare creme conditioner. Love the way my hair feels afterwards

Is it too late to join?

The DCs that I use are Joico kpak reconstructor, ORS replenishing pak, Aussie moist 3 min miracle, and Biolage ultra hydrating conditioning balm.

I'm in. I deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics White Chamelia. I'll also be using Keracare Humecto and CB Smoothe Triple Silk. I hope to DC one to two times a week; I really need this challenge.

Photo23-vi.jpg

12/30/09 starting photos

Photo24-vi.jpg

the first DC conditioner I'll use will be Brendita's Body Works Phat Head High on Coconut Deep Conditioner

I cowahed with HE None of Your Frizziness and I'm deep conditioning with LeKair Cholesterol Plus under the heating cap.

I just did my first DC of the new year. I mixed Bioinfusion Olive Oil Deep Conditioner with Ion Moisturizing Treatment; I DC'd on dry hair under my soft bonnet dryer for 30 minutes.

I have to say that neither DC does a whole lot on its own, but mixed together they are fantastic. So much slip and moisture! I also did an ACV/EO rinse for my final rinse.

I hennaed a few days ago, so I'm going to use moisture DCs for the next several washes.

I would like to join. My starting pic is my avatar. I have just a lil bit of hair b/c I did the bc today.

Not sure what product I will be using yet.

I'M OUTTAH MY BANANA BRULEE :cry: ...oh wait.. I got one more day till I can order somemore..but still.. :cry:

Since I DC'ed on Tuesday, I co-washed last night with GVP Conditioning Balm. The attached pic is of my raggedy air-dried bun that I took loose for the purposes of having a "before" picture for the challenge. Below is a list of the products I plan on using:

Conditioners
ApHogee Keratin 2-Minute Reconstructor
Avanti Silicon Mix
Elasta QP DPR
Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
LeKair Cholesterol Cream, Shea Butter
Mendex Hair Repair Treatment
ORS Hair Mayonnaise
ORS Replenishing Pak
Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask
Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner
Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment

Co-Washing Conditioners
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner
GVP Conditioning Balm
Herbal Essences LTR
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine
Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
VO5 Tea Therapy Chamomile Tea

Oils
Aloe Vera
Amla (infused)
Argan Oil
Avocado
Castor
Grape Seed
Jojoba
Neem (infused)
Coconut Oil
Oat Straw (infused)
Stinging Nettles (infused)

Additives
dl-Panthenol
Honeyquat
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Silk Amino Acids
Vegetable Glycerin

Attachments

• JAN 2010-C.jpg
    JAN 2010-C.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 11
I wanna join!
Regimen: still a work in progress, but as of this year it will be KeraCare shampoo and dc (protein: ORS; moisture: KeraCare Humecto/Nexxus Humectant) 1x week, cowash 2x week if need be, moisturize ends daily with roots of nature shea butter and green tea moisturizer and olive oil, prepoo with olive oil and coconut oil. Hot oil treatment when needed.
Protective/low maintenance styles: rollersets, flexirod sets, braidouts, twistouts, buns....NO DIRECT HEAT!

okay so I'm going to use my cordless heat wrap and DC right now for 30 minutes. since it's so cold, I might alternate with my hard bonnet dryer more often

I oiled hair with hairveda vatika oil last night, protein treatment, ayurveda tea rinse, and DC with NTM for a couple hours.

I would love to join!! I just used the Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor for the first time today so I will keep everyone updated on the progress. I am looking forward to this challenge!!

I deep condtioned today with Aussie moist, ION reconstructor, EVOO, and HE hello hydration for 3 hours with a conditioning cap.

I dc'd today using CON nourishing conditioner for about 4 hours without heat. Hair is airdrying now. This is my second dc for this week and my hair is thanking me.

Did I officially join this challenge? If not, I would like to.

I DC'd today with NTM Mask. It's okay. I don't know if I will be repurchasing. I'd like to try some new things on the list

I shampooed with Aphogee damage hair, condition with giovanni tea tree treatment, aphogee 2 min reconstructior, and dc with se megasilk olive oil 15 min.

i have kbb ll hair mask on my hair now. it was applied on dry hair and i will rinse it out in an hour. i do not plan to shampoo.

Is it too late to join this challenge? I"m addicted to deep conditioning!
I deep condition midweek on tuesdays for about 15 minutes and on Saturdays for an hour or so.

I use elasta fortifying conditioner mixed with rosemary, lavendar & clary sage essential oils, evoo & jojoba oil midweek and lekair on saturdays.

Back