Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

as per Brendita's directions, I let my hair cool down before rinsing

my hair feels smoother to the touch and moisturized but not greasy

Going out of town for a business trip Monday. I have to catch a flight and there's no way I can take my stand up hair dryer w/ me. I don't even own a blowdryer/flat iron so even that's out. Lawd. I won't be able to do my hair for 2 weeks. I'm going to go through withdrawal. :(

You need a heating cap for times like this.

DC'd with Elasta QP DPR-11 today. My hair was super slippery and easy to detangle.
I've searched hi and low for this product and can't find it in any BSS, I don't want to order on line though

I plan on DCing 2wice a week one protien and moisture (ORS replenishing pak) and moisture (silicon mix). I want to try the silk elements mega silk to haven't found time to take a trip to sally's :perplexed

I DC'd Thursday with Nexxus Humectress, mixed with Nexxus Keraphix (old formula), 1 cap of sweet almond, a few drops of papaya, jojoba and aloe vera oil. Lets just say my hair gave me a hi five.

Last edited:
Did I officially join this challenge? If not, I would like to.

I DC'd today with NTM Mask. It's okay. I don't know if I will be repurchasing. I'd like to try some new things on the list

Is it too late to join this challenge? I"m addicted to deep conditioning!
I deep condition midweek on tuesdays for about 15 minutes and on Saturdays for an hour or so.

I use elasta fortifying conditioner mixed with rosemary, lavendar & clary sage essential oils, evoo & jojoba oil midweek and lekair on saturdays.

I added you both to the challenger list.

Deep conditioned with Sebastien's 2+1 Conditioner on Saturday. It's supposed to be 2 parts moisture, 1 part protein. It was really good, but I feel I may have to add more moisture as lately my hair feels great when wet, but way too dry and crispy when dried fully. Plan to condition wash tomorrow.

DC'ed with Sitrinillah yesterday. I used this steam cap thing that my grandmother has, I remember using that thing when I was a little girl for hot oil treatments :lol: It still worked really well! So until it warms up and I can use my hooded dryer in the sun room I will just be using this to dc.

Is it too late to join this challenge? I am currently on the 'Use your Stash up in 2010' and will be purchasing a table-top steamer before the end of the week.

I DC'd with Silicon Mix last night for 45mins under a dryer. :drunk:

I have been DC'ing 2x a week, and cowashing about 3-4x a week and my hair feels GREAT!!! We're having an especially harsh Nebraska winter, and my skin is going through it, but my hair is good to go! Plus, I've been drinking more water! :)

I am currently pre-pooing (I guess) with Nutrine Garlic conditioner. I will co-wash with Organix Shea Butter Conditioner and DC'ing overnight with Mega-Tek - only on my scalp and Joico Moisturizing Hair Lotion throughout the rest of my hair. Both came in the mail today :)
I'm in braided extensions, btw.

Checking in.

I'm steaming on dry hair w/ a mixture of AOHSR, aloe vera juice, raw honey, and jojoba oil. I'll probably steam for an hour. Then I'll cowash w/ Jasmine's Conditioning Rinse, use a little Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave-in, and then twist with a mixture of afroveda cocolatte moisture mask and olive & honey hydrating balm. This should smack the moisture back into my hair.

i'm DCing as i type under a plastic cap, no heat. i'll leave this in for about an hour and then rinse out, twist my hair and go to bed. was going to roller set but i've been feeling a bit lazy so an air dried bun it is.

DC'd yesterday with CON moisture extreme, Cholesterol, and EVOO. Still going strong with twice per week!! And, I just ordered a heating cap so I'm excited to see if the extra heat makes for even MORE moisture. HHG!

First DC of the year. Used UBH deep conditioner. I sat under the dryer with a plastic cap on for 30 minutes. Followed up with Tresseme moisturizing condish for slip and softness!

I'm in!

I've been deep conditioning with heat (Gold'n'hot Conditioning Heat Cap) 1x/week since beginning my transition in April and will continue to do so in 2010.

Deep Conditioners
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose/ Aubrey Organics White Camelia-usually mixed with castor oil, coconut oil, honey (summer) and/or Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner
Hairveda Strinillah Deep Conditioning Mask

I also henna 1x/month with Karishma. I've postponed my first henna of the new year to this weekend and will take starting pics at that time.

ETA:
starting natural shots
View attachment 54794
View attachment 54792

starting straightened shot (mid-december)
View attachment 54796

Last edited:
Hi,

Right now I am sitting with Deva Curl's Heaven in Hair and a little bit of olive oil in damp hair with a plastic cap. I will keep this on for 1/2 an hour. I plan on taking advantage of this zero humidity and flat ironing this fro today.:look: This is DC #1 of the new year.

So happy I joined this challenge!

And in just in case anyone is interested, the DC's Heaven in Hair is really nice. I'm starting to think its worth the money. It comes in a jar and its the texture of a thick conditioner but its does not feel even in the hand, if that makes any sense. It spreads evening and a little can go a long way. It is a light green color... :look:, and the only thing that bothers me about it is it smells a bit like floor cleaner. Like those ones that are made by Hispanic companies. Yeah. But other than that, the slip is amazing ones it makes contact with water!:lick: Is it moisturizing? I would say yes. I'm still kind of new to my hair in this state (Its been 7-8 months since I have been completely natural), and i'm still trying to figure out what does what for my hair. Based on right after I wash it out I would have to say yes. After I add leave ins and style my hair, usually in a damp fro, yes. Once it has been dry a few hours? days? I'm not too sure. HTH

Just checking in: I did a protein and moisture dc on Saturday with ORS hair mayo and ORS replenshing+olive oil and Keracare humecto. I then did a flexirod set all over my head. I don't really like the way the may and replenshing PAC makes my hair feel. I used to like the one in the packets but the bottle formula must be a bit different. Or maybe the mayo has too much protein, i
dunno. Anyways tho, I used nexxus humecto to give my hair more slick
afterward.
Today I tried Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture shampoo and conditioner and it was AMAZING! My hair actually felt like silk! This is my first time using this brand or any other organic brand. It's definately gonna become my staple if the results continue. I am half airdrying half bonnet drying my hair in 4 flexible rods so I can bun tomorrow.

Just checking in: I did a protein and moisture dc on Saturday with ORS hair mayo and ORS replenshing+olive oil and Keracare humecto. I then did a flexirod set all over my head. I don't really like the way the may and replenshing PAC makes my hair feel. I used to like the one in the packets but the bottle formula must be a bit different. Or maybe the mayo has too much protein, i
dunno. Anyways tho, I used nexxus humecto to give my hair more slick
afterward.
Today I tried Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture shampoo and conditioner and it was AMAZING! My hair actually felt like silk! This is my first time using this brand or any other organic brand. It's definately gonna become my staple if the results continue. I am half airdrying half bonnet drying my hair in 4 flexible rods so I can bun tomorrow.

There is a newer bottle out, it has a colored front I believe. The older one has just green lettering on the front (the professional bottle anyways).

I will be doing a dry DC today using Nexxus Humectress (its only a small amount left), CON purple, squirt of ApHogee 2 min, and coconut oil.

Then I will wash with Aphogee Damage Poo and then do a cowash with Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner to soften my hair up a little.

I ran to Sally's at lunch and got some CON nourishing condish, Lustrasilk Shea + Mango, and Silk Elements Megasilk (they had a packet so i didnt have to get the whole jar)

Still considering Shescentit, but this will helpe for now.

Now I guess I really need to get a steamer to make it all worth it huh? ;)

Last night - Deep Conditioned w/ Sitrinillah DC mixed with Banana Brulee after doing a methi sativa step 1.
I am 15 weeks post and it was rough! I should have used my steamer with it!

Ok so I am like 14 weeks post (I think, I'm too lazy to get out my calendar)
but I wanted to do protein so I put some aphogee 2min and nexxus humectress on dry hair with a bit of coconut oil for my newgrowth; I used heat for like 15 minutes, I showered, chelated with ORS aloe and I did a deep moisturizing conditioner w/ yes to carrots mud mask. I left that on overnight, I rinsed, detangled with aussie moist, rollerset and now I am drying it. Things are rough right now, I'm underprocessed on my right side and that's where the breakage is, I think at my line of demaracationI just realized it this morning in the shower. :wallbash: I need to start using aphogee 2 minute on my demarcation line. But I need to get my hair relaxed before it breaks more. Things are rough right now.

Back