Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Every Wednesday it's like I forget I'm supposed to dc so I get started so late :nono:. Will be dcing with Jessicurl's WDT. We'll see about the steaming too.

Been on hiatus for some time. Back on the board to recover from a setback.
Ive been dcing 2-3x a week for the past 2 weeks :yep:. So far, I have been sitting under the steamcap for 30 minutes or dcing overnight with the hair covered. I have been using: Nexxus Humectress with a mix of argan oil or Motions. Bought the argan oil at Sally's and it works wonders.

Dcing now with amla/henna mix and steam (3 sets of 20min iterations: trial run from tweeks thread:)

Amla/Henna Mix
2oz amla, 2oz henna, 2ozAOHSR and water with a dash of honeyquat and aloe

Dcing on dry hair after last nights henna/amla treatment with homemade coffee conditioner, mixed with AOWC and Neem Oil. Trying to use up my commercial conditioners.

Trying to recover from protein overload so DCed last night with Nexxus humectress hydrating treatment deep conditioner and aussie moist 3 minute miracle. Applied NTM as my leave in, sealed with sweet almond oil and air dried in two braids.

Applied some Sauve naturals Juicy Green Apple conditioner to my dry hair yesterday covered it all day, and slept in it overnight, will rinse out this morning.

I did a one hour protein treatment with Mane n' Tail yesterday morning, rinsed, and deep bunned with Knot Today, honey, aloe gel, and the Shea Moisture DC. Last night I took my bun down, added oil, spritzed my hair with water and baggied. Rinsed and detangled this morning. Whenever I do this method (every Friday) my hair is always so soft and strong for the entire week.

I DCed overnight last night with ORS Replenishing conditioner.

Question, if I'm DCing overnight, then washing, is that pre-pooing? And if so, is pre-pooing still considered DCing??

I DCed overnight last night with ORS Replenishing conditioner.

Question, if I'm DCing overnight, then washing, is that pre-pooing? And if so, is pre-pooing still considered DCing??

Okay that question gives me a headache :lachen:. Anyways I'm thinking you are doing this on dry hair correct? So to me it's just a dc on dry hair. My prepoos consists of oils.

If I find some Matrix Hydrating Balm, I will do my DC with it tomorrow.

Picked some up and DC'ed with it, my hair is air-drying nice and soft. This condish is similar to Alfaparf Illuminating mask. Similar consistency and results. They even smell the same. I should compare ingredients.

Okay that question gives me a headache :lachen:. Anyways I'm thinking you are doing this on dry hair correct? So to me it's just a dc on dry hair. My prepoos consists of oils.

Okay. I remembered that pre-pooing was basically putting conditioner on dry hair before washing; so that made me wonder. I just don't get the difference between the two. Thanks.

Ms Twana--I think some people use conditioner and some use oils. For me personally I don't get the condition, wash, condition method so I choose oils because they soften my hair and gives it slip which I think prepares it for the poo. I am planning to switch over to the curly girl method but I will still prepoo because it will help with detangling.

Ms Twana--I think some people use conditioner and some use oils. For me personally I don't get the condition, wash, condition method so I choose oils because they soften my hair and gives it slip which I think prepares it for the poo. I am planning to switch over to the curly girl method but I will still prepoo because it will help with detangling.

I do it like that so that I don't have to sit under the dryer. I've been falling off on that lately, so DCing overnight allows me to still DC. I do it on dry hair because some suggested that it absorbs into the hair better. When your hair is wet, it's full, thus not taking in a lot of the conditioner. And when I tried it, my hair felt great and detangled well when I rinsed it out, so I kept doing it. :yep:

DC'd last week with the Komaza Olive Moisture Mask. I loved it!! Was a lil nervous about the bits and pieces but they rinsed clean. Had great slip and I didn't need a lot to feel like my hair was "coated". Next sale I'll repurchase.

Will DC tonight with something...I've been wanting to add some protein but I know I don't need it. Probably will use the Jasmine's Nourishing Condish and add a lil something to it.

ooopps.....

i've been cowashing so much, i've been slacking a bit on my dc's.

gotta get back on track.

tonight i promise to dc on dry hair, as per my reggie!

Will DC tonight with SheScentIt Fortifying Masque and finish it out with an Oyin Honey Hemp Rinse out.

Didn't do. Ended up steaming with Curl Junkie Honey & Banana Hibiscus and Curl Junkie Moisture Rehad.

Will use this combo again on Friday (to use up) Have about 1 use each in both Jars.

Last edited:
DCed last Saturday with Nexxus hydrating treatment deep conditioner, aussie moist 3 min miracle, and suave humectant. I DCed overnight with no heat. I'm trying to fix protein over load so I plan on DCing again tonight as well.

DCing on dry hair with AOIN, AOHSR and Wheat germ oil. Will freshen up my cornrows for tomorrow trip to see the parents:)

Back