Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

DC'ing currently with EVOO, Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, Silk Amino Acids, and Albert VO5 Lavender Luster. Probably for 4 hours total.

I dc'd today with Blue Magic Cholesterol Conditioning Rinse. I wrote about it on my LHCF blog.

Next week I think I'll go back to prepooing with EVOO. I will try it with a heat cap, or maybe a hooded dryer. I still want one that stands up.

Checking in!
On Thursday, I used Aphogee 2 Minute overnight...it was an accident. I just kind of fell asleep. As soon as I woke up on Friday morning, I ran to rinse it out. Then I DCed with Nexxus Humectress for a full day and rinsed it out this afternoon.
Right now, my hair feels really wonderful...I'm fortunate that my hair loves protein. But I won't be trying this again, because it took a long time and was a little scary.

I DCed, on dry hair, overnight yesterday with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. Again, my hair was super soft and free of tangles when I washed it out this morning. This is definitely staying in my stash. Now I just need a cheapie conditioner that gives me the slip that ORS does, and I'll be good to go. :yep: It used to be HE (the blue one), but that didn't give me much slip this morning. I'll have to try it again.

last night i put some shea butter type hair mask on my dry hair after having parted my hair in 4 sections and mixed the dc with jbco.

i wrapped it up with saran wrap, put a cholesterol cap on and went to sleep.

i'll take it off after it's been on for at least 12 hours.

DC'd with Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment.:yep: This stuff is great. It leaves my hair so soft even after Henna treatments. Definetely a staple!

I finally DC's with the Ashlii Amala. On the fence right now. I'll have to try it a couple more times and see whats up.
On Wednesday, I'll probably use My Honey Child So Deep!!

after i took off my overnight dc, i put some coconut oil throughout my hair.

i've been reading up on that thread and they say it's like a deep conditioner too in that it penetrates.

all i know is that my hair seems to love it and the shine is incredible.

this just might be my "setting lotion" for my slicked back summer up do's!

Light protein with Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin followed by a 30 minute dc under the dryer with SE Moisturizing Condish. Hair feels nice and soft!

^^^that's what i'm doing today, too!
although my aohsr is great, i did mix it with some oils.....

i just love dc'ing on dry hair!

the results are fab!

I used Claudies Protein conditioner. I opened my box right in the bathroom and used it. It's much thicker than it used to be and I love it even more!!! I also used the Honeysuckle Cream Rinse, and thats a keeper, as well.

DC'ed with Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal condish, with a heatcap. I love this stuff! Mega slip and moisture. I haven't tounched my beloved ORS in a mnute now...

Prepoo'd with Mane n Tail, cowashed my scalp, and now I'm deep bunning with Knot Today, honey, aloe vera gel, and the Shea Moisture DC.

well, since i did a Dudley's DRC 28 deep protein treatment yesterday, i've had my deep moisturizing dc's on under saran wrap since yesterday, too.
(a mix of AO HSR, Kukui Oil, Jbco, Jane Carter Replenishing Conditioner, Ostrich Oil, Sunflower Oil...)
i cannot wait to take it off in a few and feel the difference!

Anita Grant Rhashoul(?) Clay mask with coconut milk (leftover from my first purchase)
Rinse throughly and detangle with YTCucumbers
Air dry hair to about 80%
Apply homemade coffee conditioner overnight (I am tooo sleepy now)

Anita Grant Rhashoul(?) Clay mask with coconut milk (leftover from my first purchase)
Rinse throughly and detangle with YTCucumbers
Air dry hair to about 80%
Apply homemade coffee conditioner overnight (I am tooo sleepy now)

oooh, that homemade coffee condish sounds yummy!:lick:

can you please tell us what's in it?

thank you!

Coffee Conditioner
distilled water infused with herbs kelp powder, spinanch powder, comfey root, nettle, chammoile, rosemary leaf, burdock root, catnip, and horsetail, Coffee Butter, Kukui Nut Oil, BTMS, Panthenol,Agave, Vit E, MSM, Germall Plus (preservative)

This stuff leave my hair so freaking soft.
I infuse the water in a double boiler on low for about 2hrs then strain really well before I use it to make conditioner:)

Coffee Conditioner
distilled water infused with herbs kelp powder, spinanch powder, comfey root, nettle, chammoile, rosemary leaf, burdock root, catnip, and horsetail, Coffee Butter, Kukui Nut Oil, BTMS, Panthenol,Agave, Vit E, MSM, Germall Plus (preservative)

This stuff leave my hair so freaking soft.
I infuse the water in a double boiler on low for about 2hrs then strain really well before I use it to make conditioner:)

Winona, that recipie sounds absolutely fabulous!!!:yep:
just delicious!
thank you so much for posting it!
btw, do you get all of those ingredients froam a particular supplier that you can recommend? (that also hopefully has an internet address and delivers overseas....:rolleyes:)
i would love to try it!:lick:

Winona, that recipie sounds absolutely fabulous!!!:yep:
just delicious!
thank you so much for posting it!
btw, do you get all of those ingredients froam a particular supplier that you can recommend? (that also hopefully has an internet address and delivers overseas....:rolleyes:)
i would love to try it!:lick:

I get most of my stuff from Texas Natural Supply (TNS) and the Herb Shop(local to Austin)

Back