Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Well, i knew my hair was feelin strange a few days ago but I couldnt even wait for the weekend to fix it because it was so brittle and dry. I lightly shamped the coney build up out of my hair and DC'ed with an ORS pak ( my first time!) It spoke to me in the BSS aisle and was just what I needed. My hair and I are communicating better these days :)

DC'd on Sunday with Biolage Hydrating Balm (don't really think it's that great), mixed with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, EVOO, and Honey. Plastic cap, under the dryer for about 30min.

I have the ultra hydrating balm and mix it with a matrix cera vial, cholesterol ans sometimes a teaspoon of EVOO and it takes it to a whole new level. Basically i think its not "fatty" enough for Afro hair so i add stuff to it to give it that extra "kick".

DC Glaze Mix 3oz John Frieda glaze 3oz Colorshower black glaze 4oz Avocado Coconut conditioner

It made about 1oz too much but my hair felt amazing afterwards. I have natural 4a/b hair and my fingers just glided through my hair with no loss of curl definition

Girl, I CANNOT Believe I had not broke into this before now???:wallbash:

I've had it for a minute, but just put in into my rotation.:lick:

I used it exclusively for a long time. I had to add some neutral protein filler every now and again because its SUPER moisturizing. It will take you to moisture overload if you're not careful.

DC'd today with a mixture of Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie, Giovanni 50/50, and a Phyto moisturizing conditioner. I also added jojoba oil and raw honey. Was pretty good. I don't really like the Biolage by itself...so, can't wait until I'm done with it so that I can get some more!!

I'm fighting the urge to wash my hair and DC since there is no need to... my hair is super moisturized right now. But I enjoy washing my hair so I'll probably end up DCing tomorrow with my KeraCare Humecto conditioner. Love that stuff.

Introducing Jessicurl WDT into my Rotation with the Sitrinillah. :lick:

I don't want to use up my Sitrinillah too fast. (I can see myself blowing through that entire 16 ounce jar quickly, cause it feels soooooooooo good:lick:).

So, I decided to bring in the WDT and will alternate between the two.:yep:

Will DC next time with Jessicurl WDT.:yep:

I DC'd with my Vatika Coconut Oil again—I can never stick to one thing! So far, so good. I hope my head doesn't itch from the coconut oil.

Update: Without fail, my scalp started itching the next day. Couldn't take it anymore and put rose power on my hear last night.

Maybe I'm allergic? :(

Last edited:
Conditioning overnight with Renpure Organics Shine Conditioner. It smells just awesome and makes my hair feel so soft too:lick:.

DCed today with KeraCare Humecto Conditioner for almost 40 minutes under my heating cap because I lost track of time. My hair is nice and soft though. :D

Haven't checked in lately but still DCing
DC'ed this weekend:
Shampooed with shikakai bar
Followed with a protein treatment by Mill Creek Botanicals
Then DC with Hello Hydration and Sunflower oil

Hair is thriving!!! :grin:

okay I have 2 DC's to update today;

I Henna'd and DC'd last Thursday with Lush Caca Noir mixed with extra Indigo powder (body art quality) and some Amla and Sunflower oil (the latter of which I am trying to use up).

I then followed this up with Le Kair Shea Butter and Mango cholesterol mixed with some Youghurt (i.e. yoghurt treatment). I then finished with a heavily diluted ACV rinse (mu first ever). My hair held on to moisture slightly better so I think I will up the concentration today.

I am Henna'ing again today with my Lush Caca Noir and extra Indigo/ Amla mixture.

(I plan to do 3 Henna treatments back to back a few days apart as per the Lush instructions till I get the jet black *bling* I am aiming for and then I will do them far less frequently eventually i.e. monthly.)

I am still deciding what to DC with after.....???? :thought:

Any suggestions for a post Henna DC would be greatly appreciated ladies :yep:....

Out of laziness, I set my hair in bantu knots on this last wash day...and found out the hard way that my hair doesn't like that right now...some breakage occurred and I'm not happy about it. Looks like I'll be sticking to rollersetting.

Anyway, this has prompted me to co-wash/DC mid-week so I'm DCing on dry hair right now with GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm and Aussie Moist. I will rollerset tonight.

Back