Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I'm steaming a carmel treatment as I type. This is my first time trying this treatment, although I've been doing something similar. But, we'll see. It sounded so decadent that I HAD to try it.

Uh oh! I'm done! Gotta run. :grin:

Tuesday I DCed with Avocado and Coconut Conditioner
Last night I did a light wash and conditioned with Elucence MBC

Ive been DCing faithfully. Some weeks its twice a week others when I'm working only once. I was using SSI FM mixed with some goodies and G3. This week it was WDT with some goodies mixed in since I gave the FM away to a friend. Definitely want to repurchase the WDT but I have the TooShea!! and I like that also so I have some time.

I won't be Dcing until Sunday when I have some real time to do it. I need a henna treatment right about now as well. I NEED some time to do all this.

~sigh~

Oh, it's been a minute since I've checked in. I feel off on my DCing game. I'm under the dryer now with AO HSR, though. I've been here for about 30 minutes.

DC'ing with a combination of Skala Fruit Cocktail (3 tbs), Skala Jaborandi con (3 tbs), Macadamia Nut oil (2tbs), and vitamin E oil (1 tsp). I tried this on Thursday and loved the slip. I hope I get the same effect today. If it is a continued I hit, I'll have to get more macadamia nut oil.

Pooed w/ Joico Daily Moisture and DC'ed with arTec Kiwi Deeptreat Masque. Hair feels great and it detangled well and softened my NG excellently.

I will only be henna'ing my hairlne tonight as my grays are fiercest there, then I'll be DCing in the morning. Will update later with what I'll be using.

DC'd today in prep for my Henna Treatment

Prepoo: Motions silk protein on dry hair and coconut/garlic oil/ aloe combo for scalp. Then sat under the steamer for 30 mins.

Shampooed with Avalon Organics
And then followed with Joico mixed with matrix biolage ceramides

leave in was Rusk smoother

This weekend I couldn't leave well alone and decided to use my Vatika coconut oil one more time as my DC instead of EVOO/CO. As a recap: Vatika oil would make my head itch a day after I applied it, so I was preparing to kiss it goodbye. However, I just opened a new bottle and noticed it wasn't green colored like the old bottle, so I wanted to see if maybe I had been using a bad batch…

Nope. It still itches. I DC'd all day Saturday and today (Sunday) and it was itching like I never washed my hair by the afternoon on Saturday. Rinsing the oil out and scratching/trying to massage my scalp didn't help enough. So sad to say, but I don't think I can use Vatika on my hair anymore. It'll have to be a body oil :(

Last edited:
Yesterday I clarified with bentonite, did a protein treatment with Komaza's Protein Strengthener, and followed up with Shea Moisture Shea Butter DC. The Shea Butter DC is a keeper. My hair is so soft and moisturized.

After three weeks of no d/cing because of cornrows, I D/Ced with Silk Elements under the dryer for 30 minutes last night. I'm back on my game now!

Dcing on dry hair over night with Shea Moisture Shea Butter DC. I will steam too. I think I can get 3 uses out of this jar which is a miracle for me. It is very thick and concentrated so that helps.

Last night: Prepoo'd with EVCO for 1 hr, washed with Giovanni Smooth As Silk poo, then DC'd with AO HSR (20 mins with heat, 1 hr 15m no heat).

Steam pre-poo with rice bran oil, washed with Taliah Waajid black earth poo, DC'ed with TW herbal condish ~2hrs no heat. I like this DC, has a ton of slip and softened my NG. Will try with heat next wash.

I DC on Tuesday with Babassou Xtreme Condish then followed it up with Banana Burlee. My hair felt strong yet soft and the curls were nice and defined. I didn't realize how much I needed a dose of protein in my life til then.

DCing now with WDT mixed with honey, G3, a sample of something by Shea Moisture and Jojoba oil. I was trying to use up some stuff that was just sitting around.

I just finished washing my hair with a combination of Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo, a teaspoon of caffeine powder, gelatin and aloe vera gel. I let the mixture sit on my hair for 1 hour and now I am Dcing with Giovanni SAS Conditioner for another hour or two I think without heat.

Shay, I'm jealous that you got 3 uses from the Shea Moisture DC. I just deep conditioned with it again today and used the rest of my jar. Now I have to make a decision. Do I want to spend $260 a year on a deep conditioner? I loved the way it works, but that seems like a lot of money. And hopefully over the next year my hair will grow and retain length and the I will have to use even more of the product.

Decisions, decision.

Shay, I'm jealous that you got 3 uses from the Shea Moisture DC. I just deep conditioned with it again today and used the rest of my jar. Now I have to make a decision. Do I want to spend $260 a year on a deep conditioner? I loved the way it works, but that seems like a lot of money. And hopefully over the next year my hair will grow and retain length and the I will have to use even more of the product.

Decisions, decision.

Your hair is longer than mine so that makes the difference. I'm so heavy handed. I'm spoiled so I wasn't really working on it but I think I should to get more uses out of my products.

DC'd on dry hair yesterday with Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and then washed it out today with Hair One. Applied Matrix fortetherapie leave-in and alba botanica moisturiser.

Hair feels lovely and soft.

Back