Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

If I dont go out tonight I'll DC for a couple hours with Lustrasilk Shea Butter Plus, if i do, then the DC will commence in the morning before I do another set of twists.

DCing right now with a mix of Alfaparf illuminating masque, rigen and ORS replensishing conditioner. Going for 1 hr, no heat.

Under the steamer with Giovanni's Nutrafix Reconstructor. Will be back under here again later with some rhassoul clay.

A few days ago I poo'ed w Joico daily moisture, followed w Kenra shea butter reconstructor, then DC'ed with Kenra nourishing masque.

Does anyone who uses the Kenra Reconstructor think it's necessary to follow with a DC? I'm not sure how strong a protein it is

Does anyone who uses the Kenra Reconstructor think it's necessary to follow with a DC? I'm not sure how strong a protein it is

I don't use Kenra, but I do use a Reconstructor on a weekly basis and always follow-up with some type of Moisturizing Conditioner. Even if you didn't want to do a Full Fledge Deep Conditioning Treatment, I would finish up with a Moisturizing Conditioning Rinse.:yep:

I am about to deep condition my hair in a few minutes with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, a conditioner that Terri bought me last year. My hair is natural now so I don't know - I'll report on how my hair likes it afterwards.

I am about to deep condition my hair in a few minutes with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, a conditioner that Terri bought me last year. My hair is natural now so I don't know - I'll report on how my hair likes it afterwards.

I was just about to ask you how are you liking your hair and what adjustments you've made......:yep:

Please let me know how the Joico MRTB works on your Natural Locs.:grin:

I was just about to ask you how are you liking your hair and what adjustments you've made......:yep:

Please let me know how the Joico MRTB works on your Natural Locs.:grin:

Girl Terri all I can say is yumyum:lick:. My natural hair really loves this conditioner. It's a definite keeper. I hope I can find it in at least a 32 oz bottle. I used it right after washing out my Duo Tek Protein Conditioner and it really softened my hair up. Detangling was a breeze.

Dc'd on dry hair with Organics hair mayonnaise. It was pretty good except having to make sure that I was able to rinse out the herbs that were stuck in my coils. I may use this again though.:ohwell: Will probably go to Sally's to see if I can find another DC.

Whatever day I wash this week, I will be DCing with MyHoneyChild So Deep. Probably on Thursday afternoon. I am working OT Wednesday night. :( which is my regular wash day

Last edited:
Used Elasta QP Fortifying Conditioner yesterday.

...and again yesterday. I won't be purchasing it again. It is a tad too thin for my liking and I've noticed it leaves a bit of a flaky residue. However, I am going to use every single last drop of it before I purchase something else.

Went on a trip to Alabama over the weekend... didn't do much with my hair at all and missed my wash day. Haven't suffered breakage from it thank goodness but my hair doesn't feel as moist. Will co-wash tomorrow with vo5 conditioner and wash and DC over the coming weekend with Coconut Milk shampoo and KeraCare Humecto conditioner.

2 DC's since my last post:

GBP+HSR+WC+Qhemet AOHC

GBP+HSR+WC+Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - Added 2 tablespoons of the EVCO this time, it was too much.

Will be steaming then dcing overnight with Sitrinillah. I can not believe I only have 2 moisture dc's--Sitrinillah & WDT.

I never update in this thread but i DC faithfully every Friday. I'm trying a new DC this week, the SheaMoisture DC that's available at Target. As usual I will be adding honey and aloe vera gel.

I forgot I will be probably trying to hit up a different Target than I normally go to try and find the Curls line and Shea Moisture line. Maybe I can find another moisture dc :look:.

Will be using Jessicurl WDT again for the 2nd time (next wash day).:grin:

It's definitely 'thick' enough and works incredibly well with Steam, but still not sure how moisturizing it is? :perplexed

Still Lovin' Sitrinillah.:lick:

Checking in for last weekend:

Sunday I used olive oil and Castor oil, and left it on all day long. I don't even want to wash it out yet because my hair feels so soft and nice! I switched to this from my castor/honey/glycerin mix because of the May Vegan Kickstart, though I may continue to use this as a DC or regular hair product since I like the softness it provides.

Back