Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Checking in....pre-pooing/dc now with heat for 30 minutes and without heat for another 30 minutes. In the shower, I will shampoo and do a quick cw.

pre-pooed for an hour with EVOO, shampooed, then DC'ed with a mix of ORS replenishing and Miss Key 10 en 1.

wow, Aggie, i never heard of gelatin before....interesting.

i LOVE using grocery store bought items for my hair (thinking it's the kind you buy there).

i dc'ed overnight with some AO HSR on dry hair and threw in some ceramides.

gonna wash it out with Giovanni Tripple Tea Treat poo and put on a light moistuizing cd.

That's the one I'm referring to grow:yep:

Aggie How do you use the gelatin? Just mix with water? BTW your natural hair looks GAWDGOUS:)

Update: Tea Rinse under shower cap for 15min then added homadee Avocado Coconut Conditioner(layed on very thick). Sat under the dryer for 30min at 50.

Dc'ed with a mix of Alfaparf illuminating cream and a little silk protein on my NG a mix of rigen and miss key 10 en 1 on the ends.

dc last night with ao gpb for an hour with no heat. then i read it was to be better with heat so sat underneath dryer for 15 min, followed up with giovanni smooth as silk deeper conditioner, detangled. followed by a new giovanni spray in conditioner and sealed with grapeseed oil. put in plats and let it sit for a while. blowed dried my hair on low heat a few hours later, I HAD THE SOFTEST HAIR I HAD SINCE I BC'D. OMG!.

All these products I just bought yesterday, trying to find something new. Hope it comes out the same next week.

BTW, does grapeseed oil have ceramides?

I finally washed my hair yesterday. I used Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo.

I deep conditioned for around 40 minutes with Elasta QP Fortifying Conditioner. Both products were the newer formulations.

I have to say that I was very impressed with the results of the conditioner. It felt like it really nourished my hair. I haven't put anything in my hair yet (since rinsing out the conditioner) and my hair still feels really soft and smooth. I didn't have to use that much to get it that way. However, I needed much more conditioner to detangle. Still, I think I will get the larger sized bottle when I run out.

The shampoo didn't work. I think I need something stronger.

Aggie How do you use the gelatin? Just mix with water? BTW your natural hair looks GAWDGOUS:)

Update: Tea Rinse under shower cap for 15min then added homadee Avocado Coconut Conditioner(layed on very thick). Sat under the dryer for 30min at 50.

Hi Winona,

I use the gelatin exactly as described on the label, ie:

Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in a 1 cup glass measuring cup, let stand 2 minutes.
Then microwave on high for 40 seconds, stir, let stand 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.

Once I mix the gelatin as per the above directions, I mix in my conditioner and any other oils etc I would like added to my prepoo/cowash/deep conditioner mixes, then add to my hair.

I'm deep cowashing my hair right now possibly overnight with Joico Body Luxe Conditioner. I am feeling too lazy to wash it out right now.

After being in cornrows for three and a half weeks, it felt so good to treat my hair last night. I clarified with Ion Clarfying Shampoo and followed up with Elasta QP Soy Oyl Sulfate free shampoo. Then Aphogee 2 minute Keratin treatment followed by Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment with heat for 20 minutes. My hair is thanking me today!!

DC'd on Sunday with Biolage Hydrating Balm (don't really think it's that great), mixed with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, EVOO, and Honey. Plastic cap, under the dryer for about 30min.

pre poo'd with my usual prepoo mixture (honey, egg, conditioner, oils) and then shamp w Kenra moisurizing. Followed w (my fav) Kenra DC under a heat cap for abt 30 mins. unfortunately my hair didnt feel awesomely strong and healthy like it has been lately. I may be due for some protein, and or clarification/chelation

Did a dry DC using my heating cap with SAS, tea tree oil blend, and SSI Avocado Condish. Rinsed out and cowashed with YTC. Will be on a moisture DC spree for the next week since I went a lil protein crazy and my hair was dry, soft but dry.

I deep cowashed with Joico Body Luxe again yesterday and ready for another one today but I think I'll hold off until tomorrow. I keep my hair braided up while cowashing and DCing to avoid overmanipulating it. I can't afford any breakage:nono:.

DC'ed Yesterday (under Steamer) for the First time with Hairveda Sitrinillah. Don't know why I waited sooooo long to crack this one open. I am *in love*:lick:

Glad I have 2 Jars, especially since I missed the HV Sale this time.:sad:

DCing overnight tonight with Silicon Mix Conditioner. It really softens my natural roots a lot.

Last edited:
Back