Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Did a protein treatment with Moisture DC on Saturday. I mixed Jasmine's Avocado & Silk with Megatek and GVP Joico Protein Condish (don't remember the name). Left that in for an hour with heat cap...nice strong hair after rinsing.

Followed up with Sitrinillah mixed with honey and Skala ceramides. Did 1.5hrs with heat then left in overnight when I fell asleep on the couch. My hair was soooooooooooooooo soft and silky when I rinsed in the morning. Twisted up with Jessicurl Aloeba Conditioner, BRBC, and SSI Seyani butter. Nice soft moisturized hair.

Still not fond of BRBC-feels like a film is on my hair.

I DC'd Saturday for about 4 hours with my honey/glycerin/olive oil mix after shampooing (lot of my DC from last week was left in). I added more honey to the mix as I'm trying to finish it up. Lightly shampooed afterward and noticed that while my hair felt springy and soft, there was a lot of tangling. I wore my hair in conrnrows last week, so there's probably shed hair stuck in the mix. I still have a lot of hair coming out when I detangle that I'm not fully convinced is naturally shed, as there seems to be the same amount of hair in my hands when I detangle first as I rinse and again when I towel dry.

I will finish up using my extra honey mix and see what my hair thinks overall.

Last edited:
i did another dc mix with my baby food and also added some thick buttermilk.
i know this may sound funny but that stuff really works!:yep:
i haven't seen my ng lay this flat even when it was just 8 weeks post, much less 16 weeks post!:blush:
i don't even need to put a scarf on it to flatten it down.:nono:
of course, with all that protein, i put AO HSR, Jane Carter Replenishing Conditioner and a Shea Butter Hair Mask in with it and sealed with oil.
i also did an oil rinse.
result: hair i could comb eaasily with no knots or tangles. (i combed wet/damp)
once dry, i had shinny hair that was soft, yet strong.:yep:
( i put my dc mix on dry hair and left it overnight under a cholesterol cap then bonnet)

Finger detangle hair with butter, washed hair with diluted shampoo, detangle with Star then MP rake and YTC slowly in shower, allow hair to dry under twistie turbie, apply hibicus tea rinse, AOGPB and AOHSR. Use microwave heat cap while I have my mixologist ways:) Rinsed this morning. Hair felt like BUTTAH

DCed on dry hair with heat last night for 20 minutes and oh em gee my hair felt amazing! This is definitely a keeper in my regimen.

DC'd overnight with Sitrinillah, honey, Skala ceramides, SAS. Hair felt like silky butter. Twisted up with Jasmine's Shea Rinse, SSI Jojoba Hair milk, and my shea butter rinse. Will leave these in until Tuesday.

I clarified, did a quick protein treat, then DC'd with WDT and the last of my PM Super Skinny. I followed that with a tube of Schwarzkopf Bonacure Smooth Express and my hair is so smooth and silky. Shiny, too!! Lots of body.

Later tonight, I think I'll do an oil prepoo, wash, and DC with Skala masque. I haven't used them before so I keep changing my mind on which one I'm going to use.

i just did my protein deep treatment this morning, so now, i've got AO HSR, veggie glycerine, shea butter hair mask and a truck load of oils mixed in with some aloe vera juice.....all applied on dry hair. :lick:

i'm going to duck under my dryer while i watch tv to help seal the moisture in, then sleep in it overnight. :yep:

i think my hair will love me in the morning, lol! :rolleyes:

Steamed Last Night with the Last of my Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm.

Next week will move on to Keratase Oleo Relax.

In Product Use Up Mode 2010. Stash Shopping Babyyyy!:woot:

Checking in. Just did a pre-poo with egg, honey, oils, and conditioner on dry hair. Then shampood w/ Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint shampoo and DC'ed with It's a 10 Conditioning masque. First time trying that shamp and DC. The lavender mint smells great and is cleansing but not really moisturizing IMO, the Its a 10 absorbs quickly and is moisturizing and works pretty well. Idk if pre pooing and DC'ing is overkill but I've been liking it in my regimen and since i only wash once a week for now I dont mind.

Last edited:
Pre-pooed with Coconut and Jojoba oils, clarified with Avalon Organics Lemon and Shea Butter poo, DC'ed with SE MegaSilk moisturizing treatment mixed with Silicon Mix and AO HSR

Deep conditioning on dry hair overnight with Jason Naturals Apricot conditioner mixed with Renpure Organics Moisturizing conditioner and little Alba Botanica Kukui Nut oil. I will wash it out in the morning before heading out to work.

I prepooed with SSI Fortifying masque and olive oil, washed and DC's with Skala Shea Butter Masque. Loved it! I did a quick rinse with Thermasmooth conditioner and used some Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin and a little bit of the Skala Shea Butter leave in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I deep cowashed overnight with Jason Naturals Apricot conditioner mixed with Renpure Organics Moisturizing conditioner. My hair was so soft this morning after being saturated in conditioner for so long:lick:.

Will be DC'n tonight in braids with LeKair cholesterol and castor/olive mix. Won't be doing it over night but for a few hours....

ladies, my GIOVANNI SMOOTH AS SILK just arrived today!!!!

you know i couldn't wait to use it, so i put it on my dry hair IMMEDIATELY!!!

just took it right out of the box and put it right on my hair!

hmmmmm, it feels sooooooo goooooood!:lick: (smells pretty good, too!)

today is a cold and rainy day, so i put my cholesterol cap on top of this dc while working at home and when i go out, i'm putting a scarf over my cholesterol cap and my rainhat on, so this good stuff is gonna stay in there for at least a day!:yep:

hhj ladies!

Haven't checked in in a while -- DC'd this past weekend with a mixture that mostly included Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie, EVOO, Honey, and some other conditioners I want to get rid of.

Did a henna treatment today for 8hours. DC'ing now with a mix of Skala SB & Ceramides, WDT, SAS, and honey. May or may not sleep in it overnight. Still using up the stash.

Checking in:

I DC'd all Saturday with my mostly honey/glycerin/olive oil mix. Last time I said I thought the extra honey caused tangling, but it was really the shed hair that had been trapped by my cornrows. This time around, my hair had a regular amount of tangles, but it was soft and fluffy.

Stepping out on NTM Recovery Mask and trying Nexxus Humectress DC with my steamer. I feel soooo naughty. :eyebrows2 Woops! That's my timer. Time to wash it out. :drunk:

Okay now that I've finished prepooing my hair with the aloe/gelatin mix, I noticed that I had less hair shedding. I used to do this with almost every prepoo and stopped, don't know why...I think I just forgot to use it. Now that I've reaquainted myself with it, I will continue this as part of my regimen moving forward at least with every other wash.

I am now deep cowashing with Nature's Gate Hemp Nourishing Conditioner and sunflower oil as my ceramide. My hair feels really soft right now and I think I'll use my steamer today for even softer results.

I need to purachse some caffeine powder to put in my prepoo treatment and make sure to apply it on my scalp. I hear it helps to stimulate hair growth. I will give it a try starting with my next wash day. I may have to use it like two or three times a week to get marked results though:ohwell:.

This is how I plan to do it:

First, oil my hair with grapeseed or sunflower oil. Secondly, I plan to mix the gelatin, caffeine powder and aloe first, blend well, heat in microwave for 30 seconds or so to dissolve the caffeine, whip in a tiny bit of Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo, then add to my scalp only and leave it on for at least an hour. Thirdly, wash out and DC as usual. I'll see how this goes for a few weeks.

I am still trying to use up my stash as well.

Last edited:
wow, Aggie, i never heard of gelatin before....interesting.

i LOVE using grocery store bought items for my hair (thinking it's the kind you buy there).

i dc'ed overnight with some AO HSR on dry hair and threw in some ceramides.

gonna wash it out with Giovanni Tripple Tea Treat poo and put on a light moistuizing cd.

DC'd (my now loose hair) on Tuesday with Aubrey Organics GBP, HSR & WC with some EVCO mixed in. No heat, left on for about 3 hours. Very little hair lost in the post-wash detangling/styling session :yep:

Back