Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Applied AOGPB and AOWC to dry hair used microwave heat cap for about 1hr and go to sleep because I am tooo tired:)

I was too tired to rinse this morning and now my scalp is itchy. I will wash, henna and indigo(i miss my black hair) and apply moisture conditioner tonight. I WILL RINSE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING so I dont have the itchy scalp for the rest of the week.

Checking in..I did a DC on dry hair on Sunday with AO HSR, then washed with NTM shampoo and conditioner. I used Lacio Lacio as my leave-in...this one is a winner! Ill be replacing my HE LTR with this.

Tomorrow I'll be doing another moisture DC.

ladies, you are not gonna want to believe this:

after all that WONDERFUL overnight dc treatment i wrote that i did yesterday, can you believe i got out of the shower and put some Chi Keratin Mist on my hair AND TOTALLY JACKED UP MY HAIR?!

it felt brittle and dry ... and that was while it was still damp!

of course, i threw some Giovanni Direct Leave In Moisturizing Conditioner on as soon as i heard that crackling noise, but THEN MY HAIR TURNED TO GLUE!
i couldn't even separate my hair with my hands!
what a nightmare!

so last night, i put some coconut oil and shea butter deep conditioning hair mask on and still have it on now (12 hrs. later) i didn't even try to part my hair to penetrate all sections....too dangerous. i just smoothed handfulls all over.

let's hope it repairs that damage today because in 2 weeks i've got to texlax and really can't put chemicals in damaged, dry, breaking hair.

Grow, my hair had a very dry feel to it after spraying Chi Keratin Mist on it as well. That happened twice (I had to try again to make sure it was the Chi causing the dry feel). I think keratin is something that I have to use very sparingly. I use the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor every 8-12 weeks for that same reason. Collagen is fine, I'm not sure about the results of wheat protein, but keratin is just not something that works well with my hair.

Steaming with Giovanni's Nutrafix Reconstructor. I do like this product alot but until they offer it in larger sizes I'm on a use it up campaign.

Grow, my hair had a very dry feel to it after spraying Chi Keratin Mist on it as well. That happened twice (I had to try again to make sure it was the Chi causing the dry feel). I think keratin is something that I have to use very sparingly. I use the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor every 8-12 weeks for that same reason. Collagen is fine, I'm not sure about the results of wheat protein, but keratin is just not something that works well with my hair.

thanks for the info, Spring!
so maybe it's not all of the protein, but that specific keratin protein which is dangerous for my hair. on the list about proteins (forget which thread) it is listed as the strongest, but i guess it's just too strong.

strangely enough, i just checked Dudley's DRC 28 and it has the keratin protein in it as well, but my hair didn't feel like a broomstick after using it. who knows....

i dc'ed last night with baby food!:lachen:
ladies have written about how hard it is to use real bananas to moisturize so baby food bananas was suggested.
well i tried them on dry hair mixed with other moisturizing dc's and loved it!
(plus, it helps stretch my more costly dc's so i can really slather them on and drench my hair with the mix!) :yep:

thanks for the info, Spring!
so maybe it's not all of the protein, but that specific keratin protein which is dangerous for my hair. on the list about proteins (forget which thread) it is listed as the strongest, but i guess it's just too strong.

strangely enough, i just checked Dudley's DRC 28 and it has the keratin protein in it as well, but my hair didn't feel like a broomstick after using it. who knows....

i dc'ed last night with baby food!:lachen:
ladies have written about how hard it is to use real bananas to moisturize so baby food bananas was suggested.
well i tried them on dry hair mixed with other moisturizing dc's and loved it!
(plus, it helps stretch my more costly dc's so i can really slather them on and drench my hair with the mix!) :yep:

Baby food! Hey a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! (next week I will be dc'ing with crisco - it contains soy bean oil :D)

---------

Deep conditioned 4x this week with Suave Tropical Coconut, castor olive & coconut oil for 1-2 hrs without heat

Last edited:
I DCed with heat for an hour. I used SE Cholestorol (2 tbsp), EVOO (1 tbsp), honey (0.5 tbsp), and Aphogee Two step (1 tbsp) mixed.

Dc'd with Joico Moisture Recovery. Had Errands to run, so I didn't Steam.:perplexed

Put on 2 Plastic Caps, Colorful Scarf, Large Sliver Hoops, Shades, Painted Lips and Took Care of Business!:grin:

I'm terrible at updating for this thread. I have been DC'ing every Friday with Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner, honey, and aloe gel. I love it, and have no need to try anything else.

I think I'll be DCing on dry hair in the morning wiht something Joico, not sure what yet. Will update in the a.m.

Baby food! Hey a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! (next week I will be dc'ing with crisco - it contains soy bean oil :D)

---------

Deep conditioned 4x this week with Suave Tropical Coconut, castor olive & coconut oil for 1-2 hrs without heat

it sure is good we can laugh at oursselves! thanks for the solidarity for "the oddest things we put in our hair"!

but seriously, please let us know how the crisco works out....i've heard of it before.....

just to update, the baby food did wonders!
the thing i liked most was the fact that my ng dried ALOT FLATTER!
don't get me wrong...it was nothing like a fresh perm or anything, but it was closer to my head then it's been with the other JUST protien or moisturizing conditioners.

(i think it was also the yogurt in the baby food....it was a banana-yogurt jar....getting some more tomorrow!:yep:)

DCed overnight on Friday with my Frankenstein DC. Wore a puff for the day then co-washed and twisted my hair. I know my bff is gonna wanna play in my hair the entire 3 weeks that I'm home, but I'm gonna let her braid it or something, no out styles and she's not gonna highlight it like she wants to either lol.

Okay I decided to DC on dry hair (no heat) using Giovanni SAS mixed with AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioners. I still have them on my hair and will wash them out later this evening.

First check in. (Late joiner) Starting pic is in the signature.
DC'ed with Kenra Nourishing Masque (which I love!)
...unfortunately I tried a new shampoo that I didnt wash out well enough so I had to follow the DC with a different shamp and conditionerto get the scalp clean (Sebastion Drench set which was very moisturizing)
Better luck next week.

First check in. (Late joiner) Starting pic is in the signature.
DC'ed with Kenra Nourishing Masque (which I love!)
...unfortunately I tried a new shampoo that I didnt wash out well enough so I had to follow the DC with a different shamp and conditionerto get the scalp clean (Sebastion Drench set which was very moisturizing)
Better luck next week.

I've been wanting to try this...:look:

Two separate things:

I washed and dc'd on Friday with Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo and Lustrasilk Placenta and Jojoba Oil Cholesterol. First of all, I lost a lot of hair with the Garlic Shampoo, and I lost even more with the Lustrasilk Cholesterol. I tried to take them back and exchange them, but the BSS I bought it from refused to honor their return policy. All the more reason to go to Sally's only.:yep:

So, I wound up conditioning my hair in the shower with the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Moisturizing Conditioner. That took some of the dryness out of my hair, but it was still there. I applied some Cantu Leave-In and Castor oil on my hair, and that helped a little.

On Saturday, I washed and conditioned my hair with Black Earth Total Body Shampoo and Black Earth Enhancing Herbal Conditioner. I used my heatcap for about an hour. My hair felt so good. It was the cure for my hair. I only have about one use left of each bottle.

I bought some Elasta QP Creme Conditoning Shampoo and Fortifying Conditioner (new formulations) to replace it.

I laughed when I smelled the conditioner. I forgot Strength of Natural bought Elasta QP until I smelled that signature banana now and later fragrance they are oddly fond of.:lachen:

yesterday i cowashed with Mitzani Moisturfuze and liked it alot.
don't ask me why, but i tried, yet again, to put a "light" protein leave-in on.
all i can say is thank goodness i had put on my Giovanni Direct Leave in Moisturizing Leave in first and foremost, because after that "light" protein got on there (it's an italian brand...only has hydrolyzed wheat protein----NOT keratin, so, very light), my hair was back to almost brittle. The Giovanni Direct Leave In saved my hair so i'm thinking of trying the Giovanni SAS, too...

not as brittle as the Chi Keratin Mist made it last week, but not moist.
as soon as i felt my fingers getting "stuck" in my hair, i stopped. (whew!)
usually, i can run my fingers through my hair (i don't comb at 15 wks post).
so i've got another dc on right now (AO HSR) and i put some jbco over that.
(gotta get the baby food today)

i'm just grateful i stopped in time and immediately got that dc on without even trying to part my hair into 4 sections, like usual.

now, the only time i will go near protein is when it's a quick co-wash,
or my Mega Tek, which only goes in at the roots, is heavily diluted with water and oils, and creamy enough to have never caused me any problems.

Last edited:
Doing a protein treatment today with HV's Methi Sativa. I will get under the steamer for step 2--recovery conditioner.

Back