Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Right now hot oil treatment with EVOO/EVCO mixture under Conair dryer (40 minutes).

I wish the dryer was quieter. I'm trying to watch Prison Break, and I have turn the volume all the way up.

DCing on dry hair. i was gonna watch a movie while its sitting but i've been up forever so i'll rinse it out after my nap

last night i put some NEACLEAR conditioner on my dry hair.

has anyone ever tried it?

the second ingredient is organic sea kelp, then rosemary, chamomille, and burdock root.

it smells a bit funny, but it's packed with great stuff!

DC on mostly air dried hair apply AOHSR and AOIN shower cap used microwave heat cap and do step aerobics (rebook basic)

Dc'ed on Thursday with my new aqusition; Alfaparf illuminating masque. Oh goodness, it really melted my NG. I mean my current DC always leave my hair pretty nice but never this soft. Plus I used it very sparingly its very rich, which says alot considering how heavy handed I am with conditioner usually. I DC'ed for 2hrs wothout heat next time I will try it with heat. It smells heavenly, smells expensive :lol: I enjoyed it thouroughly.

Dc'ed on Thursday with my new aqusition; Alfaparf illuminating masque. Oh goodness, it really melted my NG. I mean my current DC always leave my hair pretty nice but never this soft. Plus I used it very sparingly its very rich, which says alot considering how heavy handed I am with conditioner usually. I DC'ed for 2hrs wothout heat next time I will try it with heat. It smells heavenly, smells expensive :lol: I enjoyed it thouroughly.

Man I Love Those Products!!!!:lick:

I'm in a weave, but I DC'd my leave out hair today. Mixed Biolage Hydratherapie, EVOO, and honey. DC'd on dry hair for about 20-30min. Hair felt nice and smooth.

I'm DCing under the dryer now with a conditioner mix. I used SE Cholestorol (2 tbsp), EVOO (1 tbsp), honey (0.5 tbsp), and Aphogee Two step (1 tbsp). I'll DC with heat for an hour, then sleep in it overnight (cuz I'm too lazy to wash it out now).

I will be steaming with Giovanni's SAS Deeper Moisture today. Well that is if I can get it out the bottle. I really do not understand the need for that bottle shape :nono:. It will be a repurchase at some point but in a larger size so I can have a pump :yep:.

QUESTION:

IF I AM COWASHING, THEN BAGGING AND BUNNING WITH A BIT OF DC ON MY ENDS ON A REGULAR (almost daily) BASIS,

THEN IS THAT CONSIDERED DC'ING DAILY?

thanks for your ideas on this question, ladies!

I will be steaming with Giovanni's SAS Deeper Moisture today. Well that is if I can get it out the bottle. I really do not understand the need for that bottle shape :nono:. It will be a repurchase at some point but in a larger size so I can have a pump :yep:.

I agree. That bottle shape is so annoying!

I will be DCing today after my 2 step henna and indigo treatment. I think I will using Avalon Organics Biotin and B-Complex Thickening conditioner mixed with J/A/S/O/N Jojoba and Lemongrass Color Treated Conditioner and Giovanni SAS Conditioner. I need to use the last 2 up because I've had them for a while.

QUESTION:

IF I AM COWASHING, THEN BAGGING AND BUNNING WITH A BIT OF DC ON MY ENDS ON A REGULAR (almost daily) BASIS,

Umm....what are you using as a DC? When I baggied I didn't consider it DCing 1. because I wasn't doing my whole head and 2. because I was just using a cheapie conditioner.

Deep conditioned 1x last week and then again today with Suave Coconut, castor oil, evoo, evco for 1 hr without heat

QUESTION:

Well this is pretty complex.

For one, which conditioner are you using for your whole head baggying? You know, I don't think it evenmatters since proper baggying is normally done with a hair moisturizer and sealed with an oil.

Is there a reason why you are baggying almost daily with conditioner?

Secondly, I wouldn't keep my hair so wet for so long because wet hair is very fragile and breaks easily. I feel that you are keeping your hair in constant fragile state and it may or may not cause problems for your hair. I would limit it a little if I were you.

All in all, I guess it can be termed as DCing if you are actually using a deep conditioner and not a wash-out conditioner.

I will be DCing today after my 2 step henna and indigo treatment. I think I will using Avalon Organics Biotin and B-Complex Thickening conditioner mixed with J/A/S/O/N Jojoba and Lemongrass Color Treated Conditioner and Giovanni SAS Conditioner. I need to use the last 2 up because I've had them for a while.

Update:

I decided to DC with Dudley's DRC28 protein conditioner and then use a moisturizing combination of conditioners including AO Biotin B-Complex conditioner mixed with Silicon Mix and JASON Jojoba Lemongrass conditioners. I didn't use the Giovanni SAS today.

My hair felt super strong after the DRC28 treatment and I had major shrinkage so I am sleeping with my moisturizing DC concoction overnight to soften it up a bit.

I haven't been in here for a minute but I've still continued to dc. I just changed by deep conditioner to Mizani Moisturefuse. I've only used it once so far but I like the results. My hair is softer than usual. My new growth just soaks up everything so I'm applying it relaxer style.

Last edited:
I'm DCing overnight with my glycerin/olive oil/honey mix on dry hair since I've heard dry hair is better. Let's see how soft my hair gets :)

Umm....what are you using as a DC? When I baggied I didn't consider it DCing 1. because I wasn't doing my whole head and 2. because I was just using a cheapie conditioner.

Well this is pretty complex.

For one, which conditioner are you using for your whole head baggying? You know, I don't think it evenmatters since proper baggying is normally done with a hair moisturizer and sealed with an oil.

Is there a reason why you are baggying almost daily with conditioner?

Secondly, I wouldn't keep my hair so wet for so long because wet hair is very fragile and breaks easily. I feel that you are keeping your hair in constant fragile state and it may or may not cause problems for your hair. I would limit it a little if I were you.

All in all, I guess it can be termed as DCing if you are actually using a deep conditioner and not a wash-out conditioner.

THANK YOU MS_TWANA, THANK YOU AGGIE!:yep:

as you can imagine, being new to all of this, i'm still experimenting alot.
and AGGIE, you are so right that it is complex because i never had any idea that it could actually weaken my hair!:blush:

when i baggy at night (especially if it's dc overnight time) i usually use AO HSR. but i also cowash every 2-3 days, if not daily.

i baggy bun daily because i'm participating in that challenge (&trying to really do it, not just sign up,lol!:lachen:) and in a different thread, i read where putting some conditioner on our ends will help retention.
since i'm only wearing the baggied bun anyway and don't really have to "style" my hair, i figured it would be easy to implement.

i use Giovanni Direct Leave-In for that before sealing with hemp, evoo and jbco.
sometimes i also put some Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner over the Giovanni.

i hope i'm not overdoing it, but i'm permed (was a bone straight permer, but i did my 1st. texlax in jan.&would like to transition to texlaxed), and i'm also about 14 weeks post perm, so my ng needs alot to stay soft.

i'm going to try leaving my wet, conditioned, sealed hair to dry a bit more before putting it into the bun, so THANKS AGGIE for pointing out that important information!:yep:

HHJ Ladies!:grin:

I DC'd last week with L'anza Kukui Nut conditioner and my hair came out soft and silky, and well moisturized. This week, I'll probably use it again. I might add some oil to it. Castor or JBCO.

On vacay at the moment so DC'ing with natural heat of the sun only :lol:

I DC'd on dry hair with a mixture of two DC's I got out here in Thailand (1) Keratin DC (2) Egg Yolk & Honey for about 20 minutes :love:
Then rinsed this out and washed scalp with shampoo before adding a ORS Replenishing PAK mixed with a Matrix Hydra Therapie vial. I then covered this with a plastic cap and wrapped up with a silk scarf and then donned my beach hat for lunch and then sat on the beach reading for a few hours.
Finally rinsed this out after the beach and used some Neutrogena Tripple moisture as a leave-in and air dried. :gorgeous:

Back