Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Checking in!
I DCed overnight with Nexxus Humectress. No heat, no steam...I hadn't DCed in two weeks (:blush:), but I was just too lazy to pull the steamer out the closet and pour the water and blah blah blah.

My hair feels really soft and moisturized though, so yay.

DCing right now (overnight) with Matrix Biolage Hydrating Balm. I mixed about 1/2 cup of EVCO into the conditioner along with a few drops of tea tree oil, lavender, jasmine, and several drops of rosemary oil. Last week I just mixed in EVCO and it turned out great!

About to deep condition with my own conditioner mix with added olive oil, honey, glycerine and herbal water followed by my mango/cocobutter leave-in

I washed, DC'd with Organic Root Stimulator Shea Butter lotion, bagged my hair, and went to church today, so it was on for a good 2–3 hours. Washed it out with baking soda, and rinsed with ACV. It was soft and easy to comb, but I've been noticing that whenever I comb/detangle my hair, I end up with the same amount of hair in my comb/hands, even if I detangle when I shower, then detangle again when sealing with oil. I'm thinking it's breakage and not shedding.

I DC'd overnight on dry hair with Aussie Moist and JBCO. I'm about to wash it our and use the UBH protein deep treatment for 20 mins, followed by Porosity Control.

Yesterday was a mixology day..

I prepooed with a mix of coconut oil, jojoba treatment oil molasses, and honey for about an hour and a half (was doing other things)
Shampooed with this hotel shampoo I had that I wanted to use up (Lather Bamboo Lemongrass shampoo...no sulfates!). My hair was so soft after shampooing!
DC'ed with a mix of LeKair Cholesterol Plus, Alter Ego Garlic Treatment, and AO GBP, with heat for about an hour..it was probably more than an hour, I lost track of time.
Rinsed with Aussie 3 minute mixed with AO HSR
For my leave-in I used Infusium 23 original and a little Aussie on the ends.

My hair is so soft!

I had fun with my dc yesterday.

After church, I dc with ORS hair mayo on dry hair. Kept that in for about maybe 5 hrs. I know I started around 5 and I washed it out when Kimora came on. I then shampoo it with Loreal sulfate free moisturzing, then cond with suave tropical coconut. My hair is so soft even though I did it last night and the curls are just springy and soft.

Steaming with a mix of moitions moisture plus and Alfaparf nourishing cream, using the hot towel method as I type. Its been only 10 minutes and I wanna :roadrunner: from under here already :rolleyes:

I DCed on dry hair yesterday with heat with silicon mix bambu and hairveda vatika frosting. I rinsed & shampooed with elasta qo creme conditioning shampoo, conditioned with HE LTR and came out and did my first twistout which came out interesting :lol:

I've been staying on top of my DCing, just haven't kept up with my posts. Just DC'd with heat using Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask.

Dc'd last week with Shea Moist Deep Conditioner Mask. I wasn't in love with the consistency but the results were FAB!! Definitely a repurchase since it's cheap and local (Target, baybeh!!).

Will probably wash again or henna and wash on Tuesday nite/Wed morning

I haven't updated for a while but I dc'd last night w/ CON Moisture Extreme Conditioner (I used this for the last few weeks). It's a little on the runny side but I love it. I applied it all over, put some CO on my ends and lounged around the house for a few hours. When I rinsed, my hair was so soft and moisturized.

I made a Frankenstein DC lol. It's a mix of both ORS dc's, lustrasilk and queen helene cholesterols, EVCO, JBCO, EVOO, and grapeseed oil all mixed up in my washed out 32 oz. Ecostyler gel tub. I'm desperately trying to use up my stash and once I do I'm going to start buying 1 moisture and 1 protein DC and mixing them in that Eco tub with some oils. I won't get to use it until Sunday, possibly Saturday night cuz I know how antsy I get when I want to try a new product or concoction.

Typical dc day for me. For 20 minutes, I applied NTM Deep Recovery Mask and sat underneath my hood dryer. I have two applications left in the jar; but, I will change a bit by using NTM Daily Deep Conditioner to try it out.

DCing right now with ORS Replenishing pack under the dryer for 30 minutes. Before that I applied Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and washed out after a few minutes. just prepping for my cornrow install tomorrow.

Prepooed Sunday with yogurt, gelatin, & molasse protein mix. It was messy but my hair loves it (also added a little AO Jojoba & Aloe Desert Herb conditioner)! Then shampooed with shampoo bar and followed with DCing using my homemade concoction of sweet almond butter, herbal teas, oils, honey, & coconut milk.

I had a great DC experience about a week ago. (My hair is in tiny plaits, no hair added)

Prepooed with EVCO with plastic cap for a couple of hours, seperated hair into big plaits, rinsed and then pooed with Giovanni Deeper Moisture Shampoo. Then I DC'd with a mixture of AO GBP & HSR, EVCO, and a good dollop of QB AOHC. My hair was soft, strong and moisturised.

Last night I DC'd with AO HSR & WC and a lil QB AOHC. After rinsing I applied QB CTDG and canerowed up for bed. Soft, great feeling hair this morning.

I'm so used to washing and DCing every 3 days, this once a week thing is killing me. I'm thinking of putting some of my DC in my twist spritz.

I DC'ed on dry hair with GBP and vatika frosting...then I shampooed, now I am DCing again with mizani moisturefuse with heat, well now I'm waiting for it to cool so I can jump back in the shower

I washed my hair with SE moisturizing shampoo. I then conditioned with ION reconstructor, EVCO, peppermint oil, and EVOO. Deep conditioned with it for 45 minutes. Rinsed, then deep conditioned with SE moisturizing cream for 30 minutes. Cold water rinsed with Roxy PC. Dried under the dryer with HELTR, Aphogee pro-vitamin and keratin green tea, and silk remedy. I then flat ironed with SE heat protectant.

I dc'd overnight with LeKair Cholesterol except I woke up about 1 AM to a freaking itching fit. I mean my LAWD...I must have left it on too long. I put it on about 7PM and by 1AM it woke me up out my sleep. So I got up right then and there washed it out and braided my hair my hair up. I had to use Sulfur 8 medicated formula light (i know I can't believe I used hair grease on my scalp) to totally sstop the itching.

Did an overnight DC with Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Mask. It was great. Hair is soft and tangle free today.

Back