Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Did a corrective relaxer today, followed by Aphogee 2 minute. Then I DC'd under my steamer for 45 minutes with a mix of:
- Mizani Intense Moisture treatment
- Keracare Humecto
- Bath and Body Works Brazil Nut moisture mask
- EVOO
- Wheat Germ Oil
- JBCO

May I ask: Why before?:perplexed Why would you close/seal the cuticle before allowing your DC treatment to absorb, saturate, penetrate?

Just Curious..... So, you're going to close/lift/close? Right?

Well I learned from gymfreak that the cuticle can never get completely sealed off. You can just lay the cuticles really flat but its never sealed off cmpletely. If this its done before a DC treatment, the DC can still get in, in fact it helps the DC work better. The flattened cuticle helps the conditioning agents stay in shaft once they get in there. It also minimizes the extent to which the cuticles become lifted when steaming. This important since my hair is highly porous, the cuticle is already lifted more than normal. Plus I use a mild chelating shampoo every wash which also lifts the cuticle a bit.

I do it again after because the steaming would have caused the hair to lift somewhat and I want my cuticles to lay as flat as possible.

That was a bit long winded, I hope it makes sense.

Well I learned from gymfreak that the cuticle can never get completely sealed off. You can just lay the cuticles really flat but its never sealed off cmpletely. If this its done before a DC treatment, the DC can still get in, in fact it helps the DC work better. The flattened cuticle helps the conditioning agents stay in shaft once they get in there. It also minimizes the extent to which the cuticles become lifted when steaming. This important since my hair is highly porous, the cuticle is already lifted more than normal. Plus I use a mild chelating shampoo every wash which also lifts the cuticle a bit.

I do it again after because the steaming would have caused the hair to lift somewhat and I want my cuticles to lay as flat as possible.

That was a bit long winded, I hope it makes sense.

Thanks, I always like to hear about 'different processes':grin: thanks for sharing.

Did a corrective relaxer today, followed by Aphogee 2 minute. Then I DC'd under my steamer for 45 minutes with a mix of:
- Keracare Humecto
- EVOO
- Wheat Germ Oil
- JBCO

How'd the corrective go? and that DC mix sounds awesome!!

Marinaded for several hours yesterday in Black Earth Conditioner.

I'm happy I'm almost out of it. I'm done with it and won't buy it again. It left my hair feeling extremely rubbery, not moisturized at all.

I think I will try the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask next.

How'd the corrective go? and that DC mix sounds awesome!!

It seems to have gone well. I air dry and my hair seems pretty straight where I did it. But lesson learned; no more Mizani mild. Which sucks because I have a big tub of it.

My hair was really soft after the DC. Lots of slip and no tangles.

Will DC under Steamer for about an hour with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm.:lick:

Completing a 4 hour Henna Session. Need to Restore that Moisture.:yep:

- Keracare Humecto
- EVOO
- Wheat Germ Oil
- JBCO

How's the Steamer working for you Ms. LaidBak?:yep:

How's the Steamer working for you Ms. LaidBak?:yep:

Well this makes my 3rd (or 4th?) use of it. I like it. I didn't bring a bonnet dryer out here (Turkey) because of the voltage. So this is my only source of heat for DC. I notice a difference because I like to air dry. When I use the steamer my hair retains more moisture. I air dry w/o moisturizer and with the steamer I feel like its already been moisturized and sealed after its dried.
My hair is not doing well when I wash it; I lose a lot. So I am toying with the idea of just steaming it when it gets dry. I only really wash it when it dries out. Its never really "dirty". So if I can steam it every few days and cut back washing to once every two weeks that might be a good thing.

Okay, I bought the Aussie 3 minute miracle today along with HE LTR conditioner, which I also want to try as a DC after reading testimonials...

Mini review: Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment

I used with heating cap on freshly clarified, wet hair for about 30-45 minutes and rinsed with cold water. I was supposed to mix it with honey, but was pressed for time. The hair definitely came out soft and moisturized...not soft or silky enough to amaze me, but the hair did come out moist. I really, really like the smell. I will be experimenting with this conditioner to see if all it needs is an extra oil or something for added softness/silkiness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried the deep conditioners from Davines?
treat_davines.jpg

Or Rolland Una?

I want to try all of the Hair Food treatments. :lick: The PJ in me is resurfacing. :(

My DC went so good. I should steam more often but I don't 'cause ,well, its hard for me to sit in one place for an hour. Next DC is 3 days from now will be using MMP mixed with Alaparf nourishing cream I will definitely be steaming too.

My DC went so good. I should steam more often but I don't 'cause ,well, its hard for me to sit in one place for an hour. Next DC is 3 days from now will be using MMP mixed with Alaparf nourishing cream I will definitely be steaming too.

An hour? You don't have to sit for that long. According to the Avalon head guy and all his scientific charts and whatnot, DC effectiveness maxes out at 30 minutes anyway. Let me see if I can find that link...

http://www.slideshare.net/dralisyed/the-right-way-to-condition-hair-presentation

Really? I have been DCn for about 3-1/2 to four hours now on dry hair and it has all the difference in the world compared to my old way of 30-45 minutes...

Not my data, his. But we all know that we have to do what works for us. Everyone is different, and conditions are always changing. I'm sure once your hair gets to a healthier state you won't have to sit that long w/ conditioner. I was just trying to give the poster some info.

Wait...you DC with heat (dryer/steamer) for 4 hours?? The study, and my suggestion, pertain to use of heat while DCing. She was talking about using a steamer.

I will be steaming with Giovanni's Magnetic Reconstructor. I may have to add some Giovanni's Nutrafix Reconstructor if I don't have enough.

Hey Hey Hey ---

Rolland is a top Italian brand. Their Una line is one of my first pics. I have not tried "hair food." Look to the Una line with the "green packaging" Their moisturizing and protein treatments are excellent and will not make your hair either too hard or too mushy. They are pH balanced and label their pH on the label - very helpful.

I also use their vials and lotions.

Hey Hey Hey ---

Rolland is a top Italian brand. Their Una line is one of my first pics. I have not tried "hair food." Look to the Una line with the "green packaging" Their moisturizing and protein treatments are excellent and will not make your hair either too hard or too mushy. They are pH balanced and label their pH on the label - very helpful.

I'm Totally Intriqued..........:blush: Totally!:look:

Hey Hey Hey ---

Thank you. :yep: All of their products look promising. I spotted a moisturizing treatment from the O way line as well (orange packaging). Have you tried this one too?

slackin on checkin in, my computer decided to die on me a few weeks ago but i DCed on dry hair last night for an hour. i'm finally comfortable with the length of my twists so my DC sessions are gonna be reduced to once a week when im doing my twist regimen.

Not my data, his. But we all know that we have to do what works for us. Everyone is different, and conditions are always changing. I'm sure once your hair gets to a healthier state you won't have to sit that long w/ conditioner. I was just trying to give the poster some info.

Wait...you DC with heat (dryer/steamer) for 4 hours?? The study, and my suggestion, pertain to use of heat while DCing. She was talking about using a steamer.

I steam with the hot towel method. I read that avalon data, but for me I need at least 45 min to get the results I want.

What's MMP?:look:

Motions moisture plus. I think my relationship with this DC is a broke up and got back together story :lol:

i DC'd with Lekair Cholesterol with Olive oil for 3-1/2 hours on dry hair. Will use less olive oil next go round. Once I rinsed out the condish, my hair was still pretty oily so I guess I used too much

Back