Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Wow! I guess I missed a few steps..."jaded hair care".
I wish I would have seen this before washing my hair this a.m. 'cause I should know better. Thanks.

I feel like I want to pamper my hair this weekend. I finger detangle with Homemade Hair Butter and microwave heat cap for 1hr(reheating at the 30min mark)

Tomorrow I will wash, DC and report back

Overnight DC'd with ORS Replenshing Condish. Good stuff but I won't sleep in it again. It leaked out of my plastic cap last.:nono:

Shampooed, did a PC treatment then did an o/n DC with Roux mendex. This stuff makes my hair really soft but strong at the same time.Hard to explain, but I like it.

Wash hair with 1oz conditioner.1oz shampoo and 7oz water mixed. Hair was clean not dry DC AOHSR+AOIN+AOGPB under dryer for 30min(med) then I had to run a few errands:) I really am noticing my hair is getting much thicker with this and the PS challenge:) APL by Dec2010 for me

Pre-pooed (DC) w/honey & mayo and veg. oil (I literally went shopping in my own kitchen). I let that stay in for about 10-15 mins, rinsed, washed w/poo (can't remember name) mixed w/baking soda and then rinsed w/baking soda twice to make sure I got it all out.

I conditioned w/Infusium 23 while detangling and rinsed. My hair feels great!

DCing with a mix of
-Mizani Moisturefuze
-Mizani Intense moisture treatment
-Hairveda Moist condition 24/7
- JBCO
-Olive oil
- Wheat germ oil

Getting under my steamer for 30 mins

Finished with a quick application of Roux PC.

Last edited:
Skipping the DC session this week. I caught a slight head cold and so I'm staying away from water hitting my hair until it's all cleared up:yep:.

Just dc'd with Black Earth Enhancing Herbal Conditioner for 40 minutes.

Felt pretty good, but I can't stand the way it "disappears" when you use heat (kind of the same way AOHR does). But it does work. Excellent detangler.

OK, I have the Suave Tropical Coconut and EVOO on now. I love it already!!! Thanks, Spring!!!

I don't know why I've been so hesitant to buy this conditioner, knowing how much I love the smell of my Vatika oil. And adding the EVOO, simply beautiful. I think I heard my hair crying softly b/c it is finally getting some love.

Okay, now I'll have to try the vatika oil :)

Edited:
I meant to post in the "Jheri Juice" thread. I clicked too fast and didn't realize what thread I was responding in. :lol:

Last edited:
Did a DC with Aphogee followed by Porosity control then Motions moisture plus. I'm not over the moon about the MMP, but it does the job ( a 6 on a 1 to 10 scale) and I wanted to follow up with something protein free. Left it on for 3 hrs no heat. I think the MMP works better without heat for me.

Last edited:
Pre-pooed with Castor oil then shampooed let PC sit for about 1 min and now DCing with MMP. I think the Aphogee from yesterday has tipped my protein/moisture balance a bit. So I'm doing a strictly moisture DC avoid any mishaps.

Skipping the DC session this week. I caught a slight head cold and so I'm staying away from water hitting my hair until it's all cleared up:yep:.

Turned out I only had a 24 hour bug and so I will be henna'ing my hair tomorrow night and DCing on Wednesday morning with something delicously moisturizing:lick:. Hmmm, I need to start digging up something to use.

Bought some more DC's from Sally's that I've been wanting to try :lick:

GVP Joico K-Pak
Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment
GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm

Tommorrow will Steam with Either:

1) Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
2) Lamaur Bone Marrow Deep Penetrating Treatment
3) Keratase Oleo Relax

Still Very, very undecided. But all are Open and on Serious Rotation to be used up.:grin:

oooooooo I've been lemming over silk elements for awhile now....*sigh* I've never seen it in the BSS's down here and I'm trying really hard not to buy stuff online. International shipping and import tax are a @#$%

Tommorrow will Steam with Either:

1) Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
2) Lamaur Bone Marrow Deep Penetrating Treatment
3) Keratase Oleo Relax

Still Very, very undecided. But all are Open and on Serious Rotation to be used up.:grin:

I saw this the other day. How do you find it?

I'm away from home, so I used some non-natural products to DC my hair this weekend. I used "Organic Root Stimulator" Shea Butter Moisturizing Lotion, bagged it, and went about my business in the day. In the evening, I washed/light shampooed it out. To my surprise, my hair hardly had any knots and it was so soft! I moisturized with Oyin Burt Sugar and twisted it up. I might keep using the shea butter lotion until I finish it up.

Back