Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

hi ladies!

i haven't been on in a while, but have been following my routine as best i could.

RECCIE last time i had written saying i was considering more than 2 co wahses as week because of my ng, and you asked me to let you know how it worked out.

well, the results are in and they are GREAT!
co washing more often DEFINITELY helps me to tame my ng!
of course, i also believe some of the "yogurt on the ng" recipies i've found on here have helped alot too, but my hair (and most of all, ng) is EASIEST to comb when it is wet.
now, i can't go more than 2 days without co washing!

as of today, i am 10 weeks post perm and this would usually be the time i would strongly consider doing a touch up, but with this new method i'm working, i believe i can continue dc'ing on dry hair twice a week and co washing at least every other day for another 4-6 weeks because my ng is not unruly like before.
I can finally comb my hair without hearing it go "snap, crakle, and pop", lol!

Just checking in...shampoo with buttery conditioning shampoo bar and deep conditioned with AO GPB on wet hair (next time will try on dry hair). Style a wash n go using ecostyler gel and sweet almond butter. Great results! :yep:

deep conditioned with Suave Tropical Coconut and evoo 3x this week for 1-2 hours without heat- I tried mixing Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Conditioning in the last dc I did, and I'm not sure if I like the results or not, my hair felt a little dryer than normal :perplexed: The ingredients look appealing but Suave Tropical Coconut and evoo definitely leaves my hair more moisturized afterward.

Last edited:
hi ladies!

i haven't been on in a while, but have been following my routine as best i could.

RECCIE last time i had written saying i was considering more than 2 co wahses as week because of my ng, and you asked me to let you know how it worked out.

well, the results are in and they are GREAT!
co washing more often DEFINITELY helps me to tame my ng!
of course, i also believe some of the "yogurt on the ng" recipies i've found on here have helped alot too, but my hair (and most of all, ng) is EASIEST to comb when it is wet.
now, i can't go more than 2 days without co washing!

as of today, i am 10 weeks post perm and this would usually be the time i would strongly consider doing a touch up, but with this new method i'm working, i believe i can continue dc'ing on dry hair twice a week and co washing at least every other day for another 4-6 weeks because my ng is not unruly like before.
I can finally comb my hair without hearing it go "snap, crakle, and pop", lol!

Cowashing is the truth! I switched from daily to every other day. But, I'm going back to daily, ba-bay! I love it! :yep:

Did a pre-poo with porosity control, then shampooed and Dc'ed with ORS replenishing. MMMMHHHMMMMMM my hair is feeling right:drunk:. PC is the shizzle. I even put some as a leave-in. Talk about slip! Why did I stop using this again?

*Checking in*
I have been dc'ing weekly. This week I did my first steam DC and luvs it!! I used KeraCare Humecto combined with my joico intense hydrator as I had used the k pak reconstructor beforehand. Is that safe to use weekly by the way?

After doing a tea rinse and co'wash. I'm under the dryer with my KC Humecto/JBCO DC mix, I'll probably DC for a good 45 mins to an hour today. I've really neglected my hair this week so I'm giving it some TLC. :yep:

I hope its not too late for me.. I have been DC'ing 2-3x a week since dec and i want in (to become accountable)..

I have been lurking a while but only just became a fully paid up member..

I DC at least 2x a week.. on wednesdays and saturdays with the following on rotation:

Aphogee 2Min
Elasta DPR
ORS Replenishing
ORS Mayo
Motions Moisture Plus
Nexxus Humectin
Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 Min

deep conditioned with Suave Tropical Coconut and evoo 3x this week for 1-2 hours without heat- I tried mixing Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Conditioning in the last dc I did, and I'm not sure if I like the results or not, my hair felt a little dryer than normal :perplexed: The ingredients look appealing but Suave Tropical Coconut and evoo definitely leaves my hair more moisturized afterward.

This sounds good! I'm going to pick up some Suave TC and try this today. :yep:
The last deep conditioning I did left my hair feeling dry, too. Maybe this will help.

I hope its not too late for me.. I have been DC'ing 2-3x a week since dec and i want in (to become accountable)..

I have been lurking a while but only just became a fully paid up member..

I DC at least 2x a week.. on wednesdays and saturdays with the following on rotation:

Aphogee 2Min
Elasta DPR
ORS Replenishing
ORS Mayo
Motions Moisture Plus
Nexxus Humectin
Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 Min

It's not too late. I will add you to the challenge.

-Pre pooed with tons of EVOO, molasses and some conditioner
-Clarified with Redken cleansing cream for the first time (liked it, but not for me) ....I'm sticking to Elucence
-DC'ed with Aussie Moist, Redken Real Control Intense Renewal and Alter Ego Linange restructuring mask mixed together with heat for one hour and left on over night (out of laziness and fatigue)...Came out great

This sounds good! I'm going to pick up some Suave TC and try this today. :yep:
The last deep conditioning I did left my hair feeling dry, too. Maybe this will help.

I love this conditioner and have been using this for years. I also like Giovanni Smooth as Silk, but the bottle is too small and it's too pricey for the amount of conditioner I use. So, it's me and old faithful.. lol

hope its not too late for me.. I have been DC'ing 2-3x a week since dec and i want in (to become accountable)..

Mocha77, I did the same thing. I started the challenge in Dec '09 as well :). Congrats on your progress!

ETA: Just dc with Suave Tropical Coconut, evoo, and castor oil for 2 hours without heat

Last edited:
Moisturizing DC after yesterdays Amla Treatment
1tbs coffee butter
1tbs shea butter
3oz AOHSR
Dryer for 30min at 60

Alright ladies I picked up some Silicon Mix today. I am an avid KC Humecto user, I rarely venture to other DC's but I do sometimes try out new things and decided I'd try this out. I've been mixing my KC with JBCO lately and I am so in love with the results.

I'm going to try out my Silicon Mix tomorrow night or Monday night, but the smell is awful.

This week I deep conditioned with SSI Avocado conditioner on Tuesday. Loved it! On Friday, I used Jessicurl WDT and my hair came out great! Both times, actually!

Pre-poo'd with Tropical Strawberry Intensive Cream conditioner
DC'd with Skala Ceramides G3 masque
used heat both times
:lick:

Haven't checked in a while but I have been DCing weekly.
Today I applied garlic oil to my scalp, shampooed, and then DCed (no heat and 4 hours) with Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Ultra Conditioning Balm, applied my leave ins and now i am air drying in a braid.

Back